• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
WipEout HD Fury

lQPUpa7.gif

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Though simplistic, Zelda 2's title screen felt so evocative and suggested a vast landscape that begged to be explored.

zelda-1.gif

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Crysis 2's menu music, holy shit when I first loaded it up. Gave me chills. Too bad the game itself was shit.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
And easily my favorite, when the menu loads up and you just see the Earth, spinning calmly with this playing, whew, I can't tell how many hours I've spent having that as my "wallpaper" on the big screen.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Surprised to not see Skyrim yet. Talk about a low key ass title screen that audibly explodes in your face after a minute or so.

I also love the music on The Surge 2 title screen.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
An oldie:

And I was going to call this a newie then realised it is over 7 years old now:

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019

Probably just me, but reminds me of playing little league baseball as a 9 year old...

Edit: linked Chad Warden by mistake, lol

Jun 10, 2018
This is cheating a bit but the opening theme of Wild Arms is Aces.

Compare that to the actual main menu theme which is ehhh....

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
Kind of a title screen, but the XMB Arkham City Theme on the PS3 when you hover over the game

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Tie between these two for me:

Technically the audio in the beginning is a spoiler, but it doesn't make sense until you actually get to that point in the game. What an intro to say the least.

The melancholy nature of this title theme really hits home after the first playthrough's ending where you end up back on the title screen, specifically if you got the true ending route completed.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Props to everybody so far, definitely discovered some new ones (Pictionary much, wtf!) but the clear winner here is Skate or Die — the first one — on C64. It's insane.

Skate or Die C64 - Intro

(skip to :38 where it starts after it's done loading)

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never not post this when title screen music is brought up. It threw me for a fucking loop the first time the music transitioned from this somber orchestral piece into some sick J-Rock.

Came here expecting to see this in one of the first three posts. The music doesn't fit the game at all, but it absolutely makes it an amazing title screen.