• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Knuckles Chaotix's title screen is terrific. I'd say the song "This Horizon" is the best piece of music in the game.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Looking through this thread and there's a lot of good shit but I did not expect Pictionary to be the best. Fucking hell that song is good.

It's by Tim Follin who did a lot of slapping OSTs. Grace from Stop Skeletons From Fighting did a a really good video on him:

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
The title screen music to Ring Fit Adventure makes me so happy every time I play. But for some reason it's not on YouTube as far as I can tell. Weirdly it makes me workout because I can't just listen to the song without playing the game.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
OUT OF THE WAY FUCKERS
TRUE ANSWER COMING THROUGH

94751-katamari-damacy-playstation-2-screenshot-title-screen.jpg

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Still one of the best in my opinion, the first time you started it.

I'm a big fan of the long forgotten movie overtures and this pretty much serves as one.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Journey to Silius mentioned yet? Hard to tell with embedded media. Anyway, with yesterday's NES/SNES Switch reveal, timing's good either way to post this:

Edit: And yes, Sayonara Wild Hearts is one of the best recent examples. Really sticks in your head!

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Can't find a great video of the whole thing, and this isn't quite about the music (though the track is good), but:

The whole menu is animated like this; going to different sections (one-player, options, load game, etc) moves the camera through this frozen mid-disaster moment, while also letting you toggle quickly through the video transitions so it doesn't slow you down either. Great, lush main menu presentation that doesn't get in the way of usability.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Time to get real now

Turrican Amiga 500

Body Blows Amiga 500

Projext X Amiga 500

Chaos Engine Amiga 500

Last edited:

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands

Emotional, AND slapping!

Surprised this wasn't posted yet. Unless I somehow missed it while skimming through (LOVED whoever posted the OMF2097 one btw, such a close one to my heart).