• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Might not look like much from screens, but Kane and Lynch 2's were awesome. changed scenery depending on where you are in the game, and for the time the filters and camera / screen effects made them look very realistic. Just fit the vibe of the game so well
menu_4x3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, these are super cool. Loved the entire presentation of this game. It's a shame the gameplay didn't match up to the slick presentation.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
FFVII_Buster_Sword_Menu.jpg

Iconic IMO. I am of course more than a little biased :3
FFVII is the best game of all time, but I still do not understand what the hell is going on in the image... the Buster Sword clearly isn't shoved inside the ground (look at the shadows...) - but it can't possibly be floating either? It's ridiculous!

sd_falter

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

More so for the way the intro transitions to the title than the title screen itself. Although that title font is deeply embedded in my memory.

So glad Rez made it's way to PS4 & Steam this gen.

Ponto

Oct 25, 2017
inFAMOUS PS3 hands down. What the first 30 seconds:

This so much. I wouldn't consider it the most iconic (that would probably be OoT), but damn, I remember seeing this and thinking "Damn. My bad". Such a glorious way to create immersion.

Also shoutouts to Metroid Prime 3. I never completed that game but I loved the way they dealt with the menu screen.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Agreed, one of the best.

I feel like hardly anyone mentions Cuphead's callback to this screen (maybe I just read the wrong things, or it's so obvious that it's not worth mentioning):

eW5hRk6.png

The crazy thing is I've seen that and thought it looked similar but didn't think anything of it. It's very clearly a reference when they're put next to each other 0_0

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017

More so for the way the intro transitions to the title than the title screen itself. Although that title font is deeply embedded in my memory.

So glad Rez made it's way to PS4 & Steam this gen.

Yes! That alignment is so satisying. (even though that trapped lady computer is kind of stupid)

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
We Love Katamari

How could I forget, it's one of my favorites. You can fly around as the prince and move the letters from the title. And you can listen to the best title music while doing so.
Here's a video [gamegrumps, was the first I could find] of how they play around with the prince and the letters. https://youtu.be/IWnasbn6hBk?t=1m27s
Just mute them and listen to the greatness of OVERTURE II instead.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the most iconic ones already got posted, so I'm going with Chaos Legion. I still remember when I first played the game when it came out and just watched the title screen for several minutes. It set the mood for the rest of the game (for me at least) and for whatever reason it did stay with me for all these years.

I spent quite a long time idling on this title screen...

I believe the reason should be obvious.

One of my favorite tracks of all time. Just beautiful!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I loved some screens in Half-Life 2 when you get to specific scenes.

I particularly like the Highway 17 title screen because it felt so isolating:

mkvUYAt.png

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Xenosaga 2 title screens. Xenogears had a really cool intro with the little animation on the game's logo prior to the title screen, it was pretty badass.

I think the title screen and main menu for Remember Me were awesome too, with great animations and music.

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
I love Super Castlevania IV's title screen. There's just something about the graphics, sound effects and music that made is super eerie as well as atmospheric (granted I was like 11 when I first saw it).

SCIV%20-%20Title%20Screen-620x.jpg

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add to the Metroid representation:

The midi quality might have not held up particularly well but dang it, it still gives me goosebumps every time.