• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 81269

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
So I was looking around on PS Now today and saw TLOU2 appears in the recently added section. I'm in the UK and this hasnt been announced has it? Maybe it's a glitch?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I guess it will be announced alongside Fallout 76, Desperados 3 and Final Fantasy 8 remastered given they aren't on it yet too?

UK here and they all appear in my recently added part too though I'm not a PS now subscriber.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1 year and some change later. Not bad, maybe Sony will start adding all their games to the service after a timed window.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
E2WWA2HXEAc3Tmv
well they had Miles and Forbidden west scheduled in thier IR Day documents, giving Now more focus in the near future is likely.
Even PS+ games getting worse in the last few months point to that

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This would be good news!

Remember all the people talking about how Sony putting their games on cloud within a reasonable timeframe after release was impossible because it was a bad business strategy or something? Mm. Not day and date, but.. heh.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This would be good news!

Remember all the people talking about how Sony putting their games on cloud within a reasonable timeframe after release was impossible because it was a bad business strategy or something? Mm. Not day and date, but.. heh.

Well it has been over a year since the TLOU 2 was released. Over a year later is a pretty lengthy amount of time.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Considering how much these games drop in value, I'm sure this was always expected.

Lowest price on Psn is $25
Amazon lowest price has it at $19.99

So this will likely be dirt cheap this holiday season.

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Well it has been over a year since the TLOU 2 was released. Over a year later is a pretty lengthy amount of time.
Sure! But you can bet TLOU2 is still selling pretty well. As is Spiderman and Horizon.

Unless the prevailing knowledge is that these games fall off and completely stop selling.. or something... Either way, our gamer "common knowledge" back then clearly was somewhat off.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Desperados 3 is the absolute shit and I'll be disappointed in every one of you who don't give it a try.

That game was straight up one of the best games of last year. Play it and love it.

TLOU2 is obviously also very good but I'm gonna assume that most people who enough of a PlayStation fan to subscribe to PS Now have probably checked it out already.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
[Im just editing this post because I don't want notifications from people agreeing or disagreeing with me 😂]

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
E2WWA2HXEAc3Tmv
well they had Miles and Forbidden west scheduled in thier IR Day documents, giving Now more focus in the near future is likely.
Even PS+ games getting worse in the last few months point to that

Yeah, last few months they have more interesting games on Now. Kinda sucks for me as an Plus subscriber haha. If Sony don't merge both services some people won't pay for Plus anymore. Is it too hard to make just one service and have both options - free games + online MP or only free games.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, last few months they have more interesting games on Now. Kinda sucks for me as an Plus subscriber haha. If Sony don't merge both services some people won't pay for Plus anymore. Is it too hard to make just one service and have both options - free games + online MP or only free games.

At this point PS+ is mainly a pay wall for online play.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Sure! But you can bet TLOU2 is still selling pretty well. As is Spiderman and Horizon.

Unless the prevailing knowledge is that these games fall off and completely stop selling.. or something... Either way, our gamer "common knowledge" back then clearly was somewhat off.

Looking at the NPD charts, it looks like sales of the game fell off quite quickly. I'm sure it's doing OK but it's certainly no Mario Kart 8 or even a Miles Morales. It looks like it had high initial sales but then tailed off. So putting the game on PS Now is probably more beneficial since it's no longer doing amazing numbers at retail.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I assume the 60fps patch for TLOU2 will still be applicable here right? There's no PS5 version. I'be been itching for a grounded run and to platinum it but I can't go back to 30fps

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I assume the 60fps patch for TLOU2 will still be applicable here right? There's no PS5 version. I'be been itching for a grounded run and to platinum it but I can't go back to 30fps

I should think so - there's only one version that exists, the PS4 version.

If you stream it you won't get 60fps, because it'll be running on a PS4, but if you download it you should get the 60fps option on a PS5 I would think? Someone could probably check with how Horizon ZD did it. I didn't ever download the PS Now version because I already own it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the NPD charts, it looks like sales of the game fell off quite quickly. I'm sure it's doing OK but it's certainly no Mario Kart 8 or even a Miles Morales. It looks like it had high initial sales but then tailed off. So putting the game on PS Now is probably more beneficial since it's no longer doing amazing numbers at retail.
It was top ten in the PS chart in August. The game sold over 4 million in 3 days so yeah it was a major success right out of the gate.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Wonder if it is permanent. I only ask because I remember when God of War 2018 was added the first time back in 2019 it was only for 3 months.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it will be announced alongside Fallout 76, Desperados 3 and Final Fantasy 8 remastered given they aren't on it yet too?
Most likely yes, although FFVIII Remastered was announced a while ago as part of an ongoing Final Fantasy on PS Now thing - FFVII was last month, FFIX is next month, then FFX/X-2 and then FFXII.

TLOU2 is obviously also very good but I'm gonna assume that most people who enough of a PlayStation fan to subscribe to PS Now have probably checked it out already.
Yep, there's probably not a huge amount of Now subscribers who are interested in TLOU2 but don't have it already. I think this is more to attract new subscribers - people who are interested in TLOU2 but for whatever reason haven't gotten around to buying it yet and could well be tempted by the idea of getting it alongside access to hundreds of other games.

Yeah it'll run 60FPS on PS5 so anyone with a PS5 and a Now subscription should definitely be downloading rather than streaming.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
This would be good news!

The game released 470 days ago.

The idea this is some kind of gotcha against that talking point is ridiculous.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it is permanent. I only ask because I remember when God of War 2018 was added the first time back in 2019 it was only for 3 months.
Assuming it's true I would probably expect that it'd follow the trend of most big Sony games added to PS Now - that it'll be there for three months and then removed, but then get added again permanently later.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It was top ten in the PS chart in August. The game sold over 4 million in 3 days so yeah it was a major success right out of the gate.

Charting in top 10 is one thing. Charting in retail sales charts with games on other systems is another thing entirely. I'm not disputing the game has been a success. But the it's time as a major driver of retail product and a console seller has past. It can be bought for cheap nowadays so Sony isn't making as much off the game as they used to. So now's the opportune time to use the game to help drive up PS Now subscriptions.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yes at first GoW wasn't permanent. The game got added for 3 months and then left the service. GoW got readded though and now it's permanently. Clearly shows PS is preparing to push Now more than before imo.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The Last of Us would be good for the service and everyone who hasn't played it yet should do so. It's a incredible game and PS Now has a free trial for 7 days, if someone doesn't want to spend money to check out TLOU2.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The game released 470 days ago.

The idea this is some kind of gotcha against that talking point is ridiculous.
Right Sony will not do day and date as long as people are buying like crazy. All people will get is a limited showing 18-24 months after release (maybe a 6 month time on the service) and maybe perm on the service after the game hits about 20 bucks.
Wouldn't mind a PSNow where they add 1st party titles 6 - 12 months after launch.
18 months is def the earliest you will ever see them put it on there imo.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
18 months is def the earliest you will ever see them put it on there imo.

Yeah I don't expect that to change until they legitimately update/re-launch the service. It could be a higher tier with access to 1st parties within X amount of time, or some other consistent method.

Jan 4, 2018
What I found the most surprising of the image is the presence of so many Bethesda games.
I was under the impression that now they would only be on Game Pass

InTheBackRoom

May 27, 2019
The Last of Us is one of my all-time favourites, but as an Xbox owner haven't managed to play TLOU2 yet. Was going to wait a few years until more PS exclusives released before picking up a PS5, but this looks like a potential option to play it early! 👀

How does PS NOW's latency feel on the PC? Guessing the streams are from PS4s, rather than back-compatible PS5s (for 60fps mode)?

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Eh... so this means PC Owners can try it, if they have PS Now. I only say try because I'm still not a believer in streaming through a whole game. To get the best experience of a Blockbuster. Unless maybe Stadia, since they stream above 1080p.

I'm curious... (Actually I might try it later tonight haha) if you stream a 30fps game... but use a TV's interpolation feature to smooth out the animation.... you shouldn't run into input added lag for doing so right? Since it's a stream and you're controlling a game from a server?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Mate this is bad faith and you know it. Over a year later is nowhere close to timely compared to gamepass, and that's the context of those arguments. Sony adding games late is entirely consistent with their previous strategy, and that's what Sony is continuing to do here.

Gotcha overruled!
What? What part of my post is the gotcha? If anything, I'm finding all these posts about how irrelevant TLOU2 is right now really strange. TLOU2 fell off the charts quickly, but that doesn't mean its sales life has expired and no one wants it anymore. Unless everyone's argument is that TLOU2 was a commercial failure and Sony has to give it away as part of PS Now or else it's worthless to them as a standalone product... like.. come on. It seems like I'm the one defending TLOU2's worth as a product, and for some reason that makes me the bad faith one? Huh.

Ok ok, maybe I'm not being charitable. Yes, a lot of people specifically said "Sony won't release their games day 1 on the service." (I don't think any of us believed that, certainly not in the near term.) And, to be fair, we don't know if they'll do the standard PS Now thing of taking it down after 3 months. But.. a lot of people ALSO said "Sony has no need of subscription services" or "Maybe they'll improve PS Now a little but, they won't be putting their 1st party bangers on there at all, because they sell for years". (I did a quick jaunt through threads that came up under "Sony Game Pass" search. Not everyone, of course, but def not 0 people.)

But either way, I'm glad to see that so many people think this is a not only a good move, but an expected one. I'd love if I could expect PlayStation's library to at the very least cycle through, if not stay permanently, on a streaming subscription service.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Mate this is bad faith and you know it. Over a year later is nowhere close to timely compared to gamepass, and that's the context of those arguments. Sony adding games late is entirely consistent with their previous strategy, and that's what Sony is continuing to do here.

Gotcha overruled!
Yep, it is weird that someone would choose this example lol. This game sold over 4 million copies in the launch week iirc, that is close to more than 40 million PS now subscribers to generate similar revenue. Even GamePass is not close to that number right now. Then a year later and I can only imagine a fair amount of sales later they put it on PS now. If anything, this shows exactly why Sony do not want to put games on release day on a subscription service lol.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I heard lots of good things about Desperados 3 and as someone who liked first one, should try it.
Still have doubt about controls on console though, even with great reviews.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
PS Now is incredible this year and lots of players started to prefer PS Now instead of PS Plus.