• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad to hear it went well. I don't think I can watch anyone of it. If it was just Kobe, maybe. But with his daughter dying too, I wouldn't be able to handle any of it. I have a 13 year-old daughter who plays sports too, so it just hits way too close to home.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Sabrina's speech was really good.

She truly channeled some Mamba Mentality today.

Woke up with the flu, spoke at Kobe's Service, flew to the Bay Area, had time for a 10-minute warmup, and then became the first player (men or women) in D1 history with 2000 points, 1000 assists, and 1000 rebounds, just before getting her NCAA D1-record (men or women) 26th triple-double, all against a top-five team, on 2/24/20 (Gianna, Kobe, Sabrina).

Insane talent.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
She truly channeled some Mamba Mentality today.

Woke up with the flu, spoke at Kobe's Service, flew to the Bay Area, had time for a 10-minute warmup, and then became the first player (men or women) in D1 history with 2000 points, 1000 assists, and 1000 rebounds, just before getting her NCAA D1-record (men or women) 26th triple-double, all against a top-five team, on 2/24/20 (Gianna, Kobe, Sabrina).

Insane talent.

Didn't even realize she did all that. She made history too against Stanford.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the basketball pundits I heard said that MJ and Kobe were not close. I was surprised to see him speak. I don't think we ever heard MJ speak from the heart like that. He was always the sports quote guy.

the only time he spoke from the heart was when he had to split his net worth after the divirce. But today he gave a GOAT eulogy.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MJ is more emotional than people think, I mean the most famous NBA championship moment is probably him hugging his first NBA title in 1991 in tears with his dad next to him, and then again in 1996 when he would win on Father's Day and broke down, obviously emotional remembering his father.

Has Phil Jackson spoken at all since Kobe's passing? It seems like it hit him pretty hard to not be able to speak about it, he looked pretty devastated at the memorial.

Surprisingly by contrast Magic looked the most composed. Sometimes the more stoic people get mistaken for not being emotional enough but really they often feel things more deeply in a lot of ways.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
MJ is more emotional than people think, I mean the most famous NBA championship moment is probably him hugging his first NBA title in 1991 in tears with his dad next to him, and then again in 1996 when he would win on Father's Day and broke down, obviously emotional remembering his father.

Has Phil Jackson spoken at all since Kobe's passing? It seems like it hit him pretty hard to not be able to speak about it, he looked pretty devastated at the memorial.

Surprisingly by contrast Magic looked the most composed. Sometimes the more stoic people get mistaken for not being emotional enough but really they often feel things more deeply in a lot of ways.

You're definitlely right. MJ in general seems like an emotionally intense person, actually. I'm not surprised.