• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please get an official guideline when we're allowed to wish for people to die (see past Sugiyama topics) or when we're allowed to point our their crimes.... and when not.

RIP and the best to his family.
Don't take my word for it, but I believe the general guidance is something along the lines of "There will be plenty of time to discuss the negative aspects of someone's life, but threads directly concerning their recent demise are meant for mourning and remembrance." I seem to remember that was the line that was taken around the time of TotalBiscuit's death.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's LA Mayor Eric Garcetti's statement about Kobe:

JANUARY 26, 2020

"Kobe Bryant was a giant who inspired, amazed, and thrilled people everywhere with his incomparable skill on the court — and awed us with his intellect and humility as a father, husband, creative genius, and ambassador for the game he loved. He will live forever in the heart of Los Angeles, and will be remembered through the ages as one of our greatest heroes. This is a moment that leaves us struggling to find words that express the magnitude of shock and sorrow we are all feeling right now, and I am keeping Kobe's entire family in my prayers at this time of unimaginable grief." — Mayor Eric Garcetti

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel sick, I couldn't stay it's just too sad and there were all of these Grammy attendees passing through who hadn't heard the news yet.

cX7WyTy.jpg

4DYBDOI.jpg

j92V9iE.jpg
on the second picture, on the left is that Mero?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this banned? I have a hard time to believe that such --- granted, untasteful -- posts would get banned in a future Allen or Sugiyama topic.

Can we please get an official guideline when we're allowed to wish for people to die (see past Sugiyama topics) or when we're allowed to point our their crimes.... and when not.
If you don't understand why this is not the time to be posting about that, then you don't deserve to post publicly on any forum

Oct 27, 2017
it's floating on twitter. not posting it. Unconfirmed if that is indeed the helicopter, but it's clear the crash in the video would be not survivable.

EDIT: My take, is it's not Kobe's helicopter. Area is different in video.
Staying off Twitter then. Was bad enough with the unverified tweets about all of his daughters being on the copter, then none before it came out GiGi was on it.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't take my word for it, but I believe the general guidance is something along the lines of "There will be plenty of time to discuss the negative aspects of someone's life, but threads directly concerning their recent demise are meant for mourning and remembrance." I seem to remember that was the line that was taken around the time of TotalBiscuit's death.

Okay, I missed that. Sorry then.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Holy fuck. Helicopters when they crash you are not likely to survive if they are high enough. This is tragic. RIP.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is this banned? I have a hard time to believe that such --- granted, untasteful -- posts would get banned in a future Allen or Sugiyama topic.

Other innocent people died. So, obviously, this wouldn't be appropriate to celebrate his death. Other than that, I mean, just read the room. If you see dozens upon dozens of posts from people mourning the guy, why do you feel it necessary to show your ass in front of everyone at this particular moment? At least wait a day or two and make a new thread about that topic.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Because now is not the time for that shit. If that's how you feel make another thread about it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 99% sure the clip going around Twitter is not of the crash this morning. The landscape is wildly different between that video and the still images of this mornings crash site.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bryant was a legend. The loss of his life, his daughters, and everyone else aboard that helicopter is a fucking tragedy. They will all be honored and remembered. This is horrible. I hope these families are getting the support they need

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

Make another thread if you care so much dude. Legit. People are mourning. You have critical thinking skills -- apply them.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
RIP to Kobe and everyone in the crash. Just awful and I hope his family gets the support they deserve. Kobe was so young as well, always heartbreaking to hear about someone passing away when their life is just starting.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I cried my eyes out before, this is truly the saddest I've ever been for a celebrity death, hits very close to home

I'm sorry to the families destroyed by this

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the video of the helicopter going down.

To say "in distress" is a fuckin understatement. There was no doubt there would be no survivors.

It's one of those things where if it doesn't exist, there is undoubtedly a very good reason why. You don't need to be well-versed to understand that much. You're fine.
Just saw the video. Holy hell.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So much love going out to his wife that "Vanessa" is trending. What a terrible day for her.

Forgrim

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I grew up watching Kobe from middle school until his retirement while I had graduated college and worked for ten years. Die Hard Lakers Fan.

This shit hurts.

Oct 25, 2017

You're a clown. You're being obtuse and wack as fuck. You know why they got banned for this and you're talking about a 17 year old case that was dropped because the accuser refused to testify and it was eventually settled in civil court.

I'm sure you're too young to remember that case playing out but it wasn't as cut and dry as you and the rest of these fake-woke folk wanna make it out to be.

Kobe ain't Harvey, Cosby, or any of these serial, verifiable predators. This sure ain't the time and place either.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Worth remembering that whenever something like this happens, you will see people tweeting video and pics that could pass for the tragedy in question to get likes and retweets