• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Apologies that this is off topic, but the reporter that messed up on air earlier issued an apology and it seems legit. Thought people in this thread might be interested in seeing it just because the other stuff was already in here as well. (I'll not post about that stuff in here after this post.)

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I think the part that hits me the hardest is the father aspect. His new baby will never know him and his wife is missing her spouse. The thought just wrecks me as a father/husband. And I can't even begin to understand what they are feeling. I really wish an ordinary joe like me could offer them some type of help.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
ugh i was reading a CNN twitter thread about it and some dick posted a cellphone video of the crash. so now that's something i've seen :(((((((((((

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Apologies that this is off topic, but the reporter that messed up on air earlier issued an apology and it seems legit. Thought people in this thread might be interested in seeing it just because the other stuff was already in here as well. (I'll not post about that stuff in here after this post.)

She shouldn't have even needed to say that.

People are fuckin stupid sometimes. Frustratingly so.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017

She shouldn't be fired.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Lebron and the rest of the Lakers found out on the plane ride home. No wonder we didn't hear from them yet.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Good now we can move on from this.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Death is always tragic but that two fathers died together with their kids is just heartbreaking

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
An absolute tragedy compounded by the loss of four more lives, two of which were only beginning. Just unbelievably sad.

Some of you in this thread need to log off for a minute and go take a good look in the mirror. Embarrassing.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
This was the other person that died:

Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli dies in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant

mnj7rk-b781117995z.1-16x9-1-1.jpg

I wonder if he was related to former MLB manager Joe Altobelli.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I apologize if this comes off as insensitive in any way as I'm not at all trying to downplay anyone's death in this matter, but part of me is so especially incredibly sad for this person as well as (apparently?) their child that died in this crash, because they're going to be completely overshadowed by Kobe and his daughter. This person's family is fucking devestated right now and the entire world weeping for Kobe is probably really fucking them up more.

Of course it's natural that things will go like that, not trying to in any way to say people are going about it wrong, but just a sad observation.
I mean its just how these things go. If this poor man and his child died without Kobe it would just be a sad local story where friends and family mourn their passing. The people who know and love them will still mourn them. Their grief isn't really being overshadowed but Kobe was just an oversized part of culture so of course more people will be heartbroken.

Tough time for everyone.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
LA County FD saying there were 9 people on board

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE............