• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
The sheriff station, is less than a mile away from the 101 las virgenes exit. Why not land there until the fog dissipates? Assuming they could have got permission.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I am almost 32 and one of my biggest fears is coming across a major accident that showcases the fragility of the human body. It is my worst nightmare, not sure how I would react.

It's, hard to explain. It's hardened me emotionally most of the time sadly. Lot of people say i lack emotion, are just an asshole or I have no feelings most of the time. I don't want to say you will get some PTSD shit when it happens, but its an insane shock feeling and just days of processing. But i sadly got to witness a 3 year old girl pulled out of a pool that had drowned. Some days man, that shit just randomly hits how quick your life can be gone and how easy it is for it to happen to. That event made me realize how greatful to be alive and be able to experience a life....whether good or bad.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's, hard to explain. It's hardened me emotionally most of the time sadly. Lot of people say i lack emotion, are just an asshole or I have no feelings most of the time. I don't want to say you will get some PTSD shit when it happens, but its an insane shock feeling and just days of processing. But i sadly got to witness a 3 year old girl pulled out of a pool that had drowned. Some days man, that shit just randomly hits how quick your life can be gone and how easy it is for it to happen to. That event made me realize how greatful to be alive and be able to experience a life....whether good or bad.
oof.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

Worst part too, I feel a little responsible. I walked one street over to get my haircut before it happened. If i would have just waited just 5 more damn minutes.....I would have probably walked right next to her or seen her going into the yard wondering what she was doing. Because she flipped the gate lock, walked into the long yard and went into the stand up pool. When i came out of the guys house i got my haircut from.....the home owners and neighbors were pulling her out of the pool. Parents didn't even think anything of it when she walked by the mother going outside. Mother asked her where she was going, she said she was going swimming......if I recall they had one of those small blue plastic pools. So the mother didn't think anything of it.Probably thought she was just going to either play in the small pool or sprinkler. 30 minutes later....found at the bottom of the neighbors pool..........

Oct 25, 2017
what did the tweet say?
death threats?

Shaffir tweeted a selfie video, saying, "Kobe Bryant died 23 years too late today. He got away with rape because all the Hollywood liberals who attack comedy enjoy rooting for the Lakers more than they dislike rape. Big ups to the hero who forgot to gas up his chopper. I hate the Lakers. What a great day!"

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really know Ari Shaffir but I've seen that he's got stuff on Netflix. Glad I never clicked them shits.

Oct 27, 2017
I really feel for the family members who were left behind in this life. What's kind of amazing about Vanessa is how she pretty much stayed out of the public eye while being married to one of the most famous and revered sports figures on the planet. All of this while being in Southern California.
Couldn't agree more. Not too many people could have handled everything that came with that with the class and grace she displayed... especially in the tougher times. If anybody can get their family through this, it's her.

Finding it so difficult to disconnect and take a break from interviews/tributes/news about Kobe, Gianna and all the others that should still be here... I can't imagine what it's going to be like during his memorial/funeral and the HoF induction.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
A part of me is hoping that Kobe already began working on his HoF speech script with his team and hopefully, we can get someone to deliver that but I know it's unlikely :(

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
There was a report that he was held in a circling pattern for 12 minutes by air traffic control, to allow for another craft to pass/land. That explains some of the odd flight pattern.
I was talking about the final 30 seconds or so where he went high up, and the hard and fast down while going 90 degrees to the left towards the hill.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Shaffir tweeted a selfie video, saying, "Kobe Bryant died 23 years too late today. He got away with rape because all the Hollywood liberals who attack comedy enjoy rooting for the Lakers more than they dislike rape. Big ups to the hero who forgot to gas up his chopper. I hate the Lakers. What a great day!"
That was very unnecessary.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Can't imagine why any of the families are going through. I couldn't imagine losing multiple family members in an instant in a maybe avoidable accident. Days later and I'm still shocked Kobe is gone. Hell, a year later and I will still probably be shocked.

The timing of it all just makes it so much worse. Yeah Kobe was on ESPN analyzing games and players but with Lebron passing him he was going to be all over. His untimely death the next day just destroys me.

Yeah one family (bro and sis) lost both parents and sister. Another family lost a mother and sister (2 brothers and father hurting) and the 3rd family left a father and 3 kids.

Just brutal

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So yeah, the outcome we all predicted happened. LOL@ him trying to backtrack. People really need to know when to shut the fuck up.

Ari always tries to push the edginess envelope. I remember becoming aware of him after watching his "Amazing Racist" skits 15 years or so ago. At the time that was the most offensive shit I had seen....I hope this finally ends his career.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Was watching a YouTube video of Kobe coaching the team 2 months ago. His girls were really good. One of the girls in the video was especially good and then I saw in the comments that she was also on the copter. And the coach sitting next to Kobe was also. So sad for all those families.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
That comedian sure is....something. Even Anthony Jeselnik who is known for tweeting out after tragic moments didnt say anything. He retweeted another person saying "I got nothing". It may have hit Jeselnik pretty hard too.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Every morning when I wake up the first thing I do is watch something about Kobe I haven't seen before. I think I'm in denial and still haven't actually processed he's gone.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched a guy on youtube show how close he was to the heli pad there. This is one of those things we will probably never know.
Honestly, it just sounds like a very normal case of overconfidence. I'm sure we've all been there before. And most the time, it turns out fine, right? Sadly, the more you gamble, the more likely you are to get a big loss.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
yeah Kenny Smith (former player, analyst on Inside the NBA) mentioned that the hill they crashed into was the hill he and his kids would run up and down when they were training at the Academy
This story just keeps getting more tragic the deeper you go. Since they were approaching the Academy they should have hit the opposite side of the hill from where folks there could see but from the Tweet that day of everyone praying it did seem as if they knew something was wrong before official word came out.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm surprised funeral plans still haven't been announced yet. Then again in cases of extremely unexpected deaths, they tend to take longer to organize. Also they need to work with the NBA to ensure no games will be played the day of Kobe's funeral