• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
41. If he really wanted to, he still could've played another season today and be a decent player. Goes to show you how young he was.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I found the actual rule, so it's worded a little differently there:

www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

General Guide to ResetEra Last updated on May 3, 2021. Mission Statement Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry. Our goal is to provide a modern platform where enthusiasts and industry professionals alike will want to...

Thanks for the heads up. I edited my past, wrong posts.

And just to make it clear: I would never cheerish any death. After all that was the very problem I saw in some past topics on this very froum and tried to point it out.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that video is real. The video appears to show a helicopter with red markings, and a picture of the crash site shows one with blue markings. PIctures also show a much greener crash site.

Same thought I had. The crash site in the video doesn't look anything like the one where his helicopter crashed.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
ESPN is now saying his 13 year old daughter was in the heli with him. I'm not generally a thoughts and prayers woman, but I do hope the family has someone there for them right now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Worth remembering that whenever something like this happens, you will see people tweeting video and pics that could pass for the tragedy in question to get likes and retweets

I have no idea how/why people use social media (twitter specifically) as this all encompassing, consuming platform. Find a select few actual people (not bots, not clout chasers) credible people and follow them. Stay the fuck away from the rest. I swear we've gotten to this point where simply being ON TWITTER makes something credible somehow.

Mar 26, 2018
This is probably the most shocking death news I've ever read online for me. Just see him so often and his age and personality just really resonates with me. Really jaw dropping

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary basketball player. Wasn't ever a fan of the Lakers with him (Pacers fan), but had to respect his immense talent on the court and him being on the Olympic team in 2008/2012. Inspired a lot of people especially in California and did a lot of good for the game of basketball.

Way too soon for him and especially his daughter. RIP to them and the others killed in the crash.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_n6zses5TMe1s3uawvo1_500.gif

I dont think this was trolling. This was the first time I ever heard of Kobe. I played this game.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Doc nearly in tears talking about it now. That Tuesday matchup is going to be dour for sure, is that the first game at Staples?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If you went to school in the 2000s the lunchrooms were filled with conversation on the players Kobe could beat. You couldn't escape it even if you weren't a Basketball fan. Kobe being the GOAT was embedded in you.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If you went to school in the 2000s the lunchrooms were filled with conversation on the players Kobe could beat. You couldn't escape it even if you weren't a Basketball fan. Kobe being the GOAT was imbedded in you.

those lunch rooms also had people throwing their trash away shouting "kobe"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: ^ Damn that's rough to watch.

This dude posts a gif of Kobe from Kobe Bryant Courtside 64, and gets banned for trolling?

WHAT!?!?

Could be a mistake, or the latest post in a pattern. If you think it was wrong then report the post and explain why. People have been unbanned after more context was available before.