• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

Yikes. That is chilling.

I wasn't in this thread for a few days, but I have to say that that TNT show was actually one of the most powerful things I have ever seen on tv. That shit was incredibly raw and real.

I still don't understand how they are going to play a game today in Staples.

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
It's been what, 5 days since the tragic events, it honestly hasn't gotten any easier to handle. I talk about it with people every few hours, even when in moments i don't want to. Every 5th person walking around the streets here in L.A is wearing something Lakers related.

It will take time to heal, i think tonight's game will be a big part of that.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they think now that this happened about putting Steph Curry and David Robinson ahead of Kobe Bryant in their top 50 NBA of all time. They got criticized by a lot of media people for that and rightfully so.

Kobe was always top 10, people trying to put him below that were always just fishing for attention.

Closest thing to Jordan skill wise in the history of the game plus 5 titles ... c'mon. He was always in that Magic/Bird tier.

David Robinson was a terrific player, but above Kobe? GTFO.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, LBJ isn't in that glut. And neither is Magic. Stop playing.

I think if you give Kobe the Showtime Lakers he can win 5 titles, he'd win 3 with Wade + Bosh. So really how much better are those players. It's closer than people think.

Bird might be better overall player than Magic too. These things are not as cut and dry as people think. And peak Shaq might be better than all of them.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man y'all let kobe vs LeBron rest for like three days before starting up again huh

(LeBron is top 5 all time at worst)

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that a post like that is allowed here, the guy is dead, his daughter is dead, 7 others including women and children are dead. I swear to god man!

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy was a rapist, why are you going to shed tears about him?
n08A8NO.jpg

i can almost see some people on this site really wanting to shit up this thread. anyway i switched my sling sub just to watch the game today. although i didnt know that fox sports no longer has the laker games so this sub is pretty useless. gonna cancel it after the superbowl airs.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
n08A8NO.jpg

i can almost see some people on this site really wanting to shit up this thread. anyway i switched my sling sub just to watch the game today. although i didnt know that fox sports no longer has the laker games so this sub is pretty useless. gonna cancel it after the superbowl airs.

I saw him post in the thread asking if Kobe should be on the 2k21 cover saying the same thing. Contributing nothing other than trying to make people angry. Honestly at this point I'm just ignoring posts like those.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Obvious troll Is obvious
I'm not trolling in the slightest, I'm genuinely shocked and appalled at this outpouring of grief. This guy shouldn't be anyone's hero.
There are double standards on this site, people make a big deal about polanski, but apparently kobe is fine.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not trolling in the slightest, I'm genuinely shocked and appalled at this outpouring of grief. This guy shouldn't be anyone's hero.
There are double standards on this site, people make a big deal about polanski, but apparently kobe is fine.
This is not the thread for this. If you read the staff posts you can go to a different thread and discuss that topic.

Cheaptrick

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 6, 2020
The guy was a rapist, why are you going to shed tears about him?

Yeah.

This forum's bizarre double standars are so weird. "Believe women." Except when its a famous NBA star who has already admitted the women didn't think it was consensual, aka RAPE.

If what Kobe did happened in the Meetoo era, he'd be finished. It's just incredible how everyone here wants to ignore and attack anyone who even brings this up.

The whole idea it has to be brought up in another thread. Not off topic in the slightest, compared to what happens in other threads. Double standards. Just disgusting imo.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah.

This forum's bizarre double standars are so weird. "Believe women." Except when its a famous NBA star who has already admitted the women didn't think it was consensual, aka RAPE.

If what Kobe did happened in the Meetoo era, he'd be finished. It's just incredible how everyone here wants to ignore and attack anyone who even brings this up.
There is a whole thread dedicated to that topic. You can go there and talk about it with all your hearts content. People have asked to not discuss it in this thread. Thanks.

Cheaptrick

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 6, 2020
There is a whole thread dedicated to that topic. You can go there and talk about it with all your hearts content. People have asked to not discuss it in this thread. Thanks.

Again, if someone wants to bring up a relevant and important aspect, criticize the ignoring Kobe raping someone, it's just really confusing why they can't. This thread shows that idea of people ignoring it and giving a pass. The other thread doesn't. So this is the place.

This place needs to be consistent, and not have double standards. People ask for something not to be discussed all the time, when it makes them uncomforatble but Era allows it.

Oh this time we don't want uncomfortable truths, but it's okay for those people to be made confronted with uncomfortable truths.