• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
I was eating at this high end sushi place with a friend yesterday and we overhead this convo with these two middle aged white guys who were sitting behind us:

"so my fucking son was crying over Kobe, 13 years old like a little liberal snowflake. You didn't know him, you never met him, I get he is a celebrity but what about all those other people, you don't cry for them?"
"I know, my daughter was the same, it makes me sick to my stomach."

And I said out loud talking with my friend
"it's a shame people aren't allowed to grieve in their own way" and my friend said, "yeah, I bet if it was Larry Byrd instead of Kobe certain reprobates would be quite sympathetic instead of picking on kids." And we laughed and laughed and a black family adjacent to us laughed and laughed with us.

OH those white guys got pissed. It was worth it. I just felt the need to say something. It wasn't my business. Nothing would change their minds or their evil but to know people's hatred goes so deep some would mock their own children over this....it lit a fire.
DHOTYA

Mar 10, 2018
Really disappointed in Snoop for how he responded to Gayle's interview questions about Kobe. I feel that if Kobe were alive, he'd rebuke the hell out of Snoop.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Dang they decided on Staples after all? i can't even imagine what that will look like, that area is not in any way built for the amount of people that are about to show up. Go Metro people.

Really disappointed in Snoop for how he responded to Gayle's interview questions about Kobe. I feel that if Kobe were alive, he'd rebuke the hell out of Snoop.

50 Cent hit this right on the head, where was this energy over Weinstein? Non freaking existent. Kudos to Lisa Leslie not playing with their bullshit. Oh that's right I forget, Harvey and Oprah were buddy buddy, of course there's no takedown of him. what a damned joke.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
Here is Kobe practicing his shots right after losing to the Miami heat in 2011 (close game). Now that's what I call work ethnic.

Dude has always been known as a competitor who was committed into polishing and refining his craft.

Thanks for finding this. Dwayne Wade was telling this story on TNT about how he and LeBron were showered and leaving for the night and were stunned to find Kobe shooting still. They immediately felt compelled to go change and get back on the court themselves. They couldn't let Kobe out work them on their court.

Every single player will tell you Kobe outworked them. It's no legend or myth. Just because he marketed it doesn't make it untrue.

Kobe would practice from 5 AM to 7 PM - in high school.

He was obsessed with practice and training to levels that were arguably unhealthy. I'm not even sure it should be celebrated, but I do respect it. For others to try and take it away from him and dismiss it as marketing is asinine. He owns it.

To add to the pile, just listen to this story from Shaq about Kobe practicing without a ball. It's completely insane and unnatural. But it was Kobe.

Mar 10, 2018
50 Cent hit this right on the head, where was this energy over Weinstein? Non freaking existent. Kudos to Lisa Leslie not playing with their bullshit. Oh that's right I forget, Harvey and Oprah were buddy buddy, of course there's no takedown of him. what a damned joke.
I agree with everything you said, but Snoop took it to a whole nother level. Turning it into a "black women vs. black men" thing. Claiming Gayle "turned her back on her people." And then those misogynistic insults... just a bad look all around. There were so many better ways to respond. Not what I'd expect from Snoop at this point in his life.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for finding this. Dwayne Wade was telling this story on TNT about how he and LeBron were showered and leaving for the night and were stunned to find Kobe shooting still. They immediately felt compelled to go change and get back on the court themselves. They couldn't let Kobe out work them on their court.

Every single player will tell you Kobe outworked them. It's no legend or myth. Just because he marketed it doesn't make it untrue.

Kobe would practice from 5 AM to 7 PM - in high school.

He was obsessed with practice and training to levels that were arguably unhealthy. I'm not even sure it should be celebrated, but I do respect it. For others to try and take it away from him and dismiss it as marketing is asinine. He owns it.

To add to the pile, just listen to this story from Shaq about Kobe practicing without a ball. It's completely insane and unnatural. But it was Kobe.

Wow. Shaq still got the moves lol.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Let's not lie about this woman's credibility on here just because celebrities are. She and CBS have reported numerous times about Harvey Weinstein's accusers. It's trash to lie and say otherwise just because she even asked someone about Kobe's admitted rape. Snoop deserves no credit for calling Gayle "Chewbacca" and saying "Free Bill Cosby" and defending Michael Jackson.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Investigation update from officials.

Leading paragraph

On January 26, 2020, at 0945 Pacific standard time (PST), a Sikorsky SK76B helicopter, N72EX, collided with hilly terrain near the city of Calabasas, California. The pilot and eight passengers were fatally injured, and the helicopter was destroyed by impact forces and fire. The helicopter was operated by Island Express Helicopters Inc. under Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 135 as an on-demand passenger visual flight rules (VFR) flight from John Wayne-Orange County Airport, (KSNA), Santa Ana, California, to Camarillo Airport, (KCMA), Camarillo, California.

Link to full doc: https://ntsb.gov/investigations/Documents/DCA20MA059-Investigative-Update.pdf

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Let's not lie about this woman's credibility on here just because celebrities are. She and CBS have reported numerous times about Harvey Weinstein's accusers. It's trash to lie and say otherwise just because she even asked someone about Kobe's admitted rape. Snoop deserves no credit for calling Gayle "Chewbacca" and saying "Free Bill Cosby" and defending Michael Jackson.

There is a clear energy difference in how both Oprah and gayle " went after" Weinstein and she's getting blowback from far more than just celebs but go off if it makes you feel any better. Also, fuck Michael Jackson and what Kobe did is rightly being discussed, it should not be forgotten. There is just an interesting lack of aggression when going after a scumbag like Weinstein, funny how he still alive and is one of O's rich and powerful friends. I wonder why there isn't as much of a drum beating about all the shit he did, because I'm really not finding that much drum beating at all from O and her posse considering the scale of the allegations against him. This is derailing though so yea, cape all you want I'm done with this convo.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
There is a clear energy difference in how both Oprah and gayle " went after" Weinstein and she's getting blowback from far more than just celebs but go off if it makes you feel any better

She's getting blowback because people care about their made-up legacies of their idol than the actual legacies that were laid bare. Trying to make this a "what about Weinstien" is so unnecessary because there's already an on going case and we damn sure haven't heard the last from him.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
She's getting blowback because people care about their made-up legacies of their idol than the actual legacies that were laid bare. Trying to make this a "what about Weinstien" is so unnecessary because there's already an on going case and we damn sure haven't heard the last from him.

im of the constant mind that people can be mad at and bring energy to a discussion of numerous subjects at the same time. My last post on this, it's derailing.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Investigation update from officials.

Leading paragraph

Link to full doc: https://ntsb.gov/investigations/Documents/DCA20MA059-Investigative-Update.pdf
Skimmed through it. This is basically just a collection of all the information the NTSB gathered while investigating. Along with some pictures of the weather around the time of the crash. Apparently someone was biking relatively close by and saw the heli come out of the clouds before impacting. According to him the engines sounded normal.

Nothing concrete but I would be surprised to find out this was a mechanical issue. There was only one person who thought the helicopter sounded off but everyone else I've heard said it sounded fine.

All those pics of the weather tho, why were they even flying? So reckless and hopefully new laws will prevent future incidents.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
So the report says the helicopter was just 100 feet from open sky, but for whatever reason the pilot was climbing towards that open sky and then suddenly put the copter into a high speed descent right into the hill. Almost certainly means he got caught in the "soup" and became disoriented. He was qualified to fly in those conditions but in his own admission had never actually done so. In other words, this could have been easily avoidable.

I have no problem with pilots flying in these conditions alone when its just their own lives at stake, but when you have 8 others, many of which are kids, you wait until it's safe to fly. What makes it worse is the company he flew for wasn't licensed to fly in those conditions. The report also says that damage to trees/foliage near the site indicates all of the helicopters rotors were functioning properly. In other words Pilot error caused the crash.

Oct 30, 2017
So the report says the helicopter was just 100 feet from open sky, but for whatever reason the pilot was climbing towards that open sky and then suddenly put the copter into a high speed descent right into the hill. Almost certainly means he got caught in the "soup" and became disoriented. He was qualified to fly in those conditions but in his own admission had never actually done so. In other words, this could have been easily avoidable.

I have no problem with pilots flying in these conditions alone when its just their own lives at stake, but when you have 8 others, many of which are kids, you wait until it's safe to fly. What makes it worse is the company he flew for wasn't licensed to fly in those conditions. The report also says that damage to trees/foliage near the site indicates all of the helicopters rotors were functioning properly. In other words Pilot error caused the crash.

Yup. So many people died in vein. Heartbreaking.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019

it's ok when flying alone?

scores of people on the ground could be killed

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
it's ok when flying alone?

scores of people on the ground could be killed
Yes, if you're technically qualified to do it and the company you work for is certified for it, I'm fine with them doing it alone. If you're qualified but not experienced and the company you work for isn't certified to do it, you shouldn't be doing it with others on-board

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
damn, Beyonce's performance was amazing.

really hope they don't keep cutting to Vanessa, that's pretty disrespectful.