• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Fucking BULLSHIT. He took that helicopter for so many years and it fails him when his daughter is on board AND after he had another baby this past June? FUCK LIFE

Oct 29, 2017
This just makes me think of the futurama joke where this has happened so many times over the years that eventually all the whole numbers are retired and playiers are left using fractions on their clothes.
If that becomes the case. That would be great as an fan. But regardless, Kobe was an global ambassador for the NBA. His death has impacted the world. It's best to retire both jerseys.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)
It's weird with people that are famous I think. I really don't know where I fall on it. On one hand, everyone talks about how great Kobe was and how he was a role model.

But then I think, how would the woman from that case feel seeing that? If he did that but everyone still loves him and uses him as a role model?

So idk, it's really tough. That said, I don't think you wish death on a person and certainly not like this. RIP.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why isnt this sweeney person banned yet? The person has done nothing but derail this thread with attention seeking bs.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A mistake happens, but you have to say a word many times or at least think about it a lot and recently for it to slip that way. The words aren't even similar.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching MSNBC? Is this real?

I saw this too and didn't know if it was safe to post. Def seems real but didn't know if it was something that needed posted. But since someone else brought it up already.

WTF? Probably should be its own thread instead of going on in this one though.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feel bad for both families here, 2 kids died with one of their parents. It's moments like these where I just think of the last moments and start tearing up. Unbelievably sad story.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now to have him and his daughter die at such a young age.

I bet for a lot of people, Kobe Bryant was to them that somebody like Shaq and Michael Jordan were to me as a kid. It's like having a piece of your nostalgia and childhood die and makes the world seem a little more empty than it was yesterday.

I'm hoping she meshed "Knicks" with "Lakers" and it just came out awful.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Its the anonymity the internet provides. You're not going to get punched in the face saying things online

Or it shows you how miserable some people are.

No it's not anxiousness or being depression they are feeling. That loathing feeling is misery they feel. The inability to be human and understand nuances in situations like this.

That lack humanity that they attempt to shore up and front by loud voicing progressive causes when in fact they lack the courage, conviction, and mindset to do anything positive.

Fronting on the forum. Some of y'all ain't shit.

RIP Kobe Bryant and Baby Girl Gianna.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
It's based on context. Like if I was still a mod and Trump passed, I'd probably just turn off my computer for the day.

That's pretty understandable. You did good work while you were on the team btw, hope you know that didn't go unnoticed

fuck off and EAD please. PLEASE.

Hey, while we have mods and admins like Hecht viewing the thread, can I get an explanation for why telling an openly gay poster to leave and eat a dick (EAD) isn't punished for being the blatant homophobia it is? https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/#post-21141007

The Importance of Being Respectful

Please be respectful when posting in threads. This includes when you post about the topic at hand and especially when you address other members. Do not make unfounded and inflammatory accusations to discredit and/or antagonize your fellow members (such calling them a shill, astroturfer, etc). Do not shame users based on their post count, avatar choice, or what community they belong to. Avoid hurling insults or making disagreements personal. If someone else is causing trouble, report them rather than trying to reciprocate.

Do not send hostile or confrontational private messages to other members, especially if such contact is unsolicited. This kind of behavior, if reported, will result in a ban. If a member you have privately contacted indicates that they do not wish to continue the conversation, disengage. If you receive an unwanted and hostile message, report it so that moderators can investigate.

Respect a Diverse Audience

What might seem harmless or funny to you can be hurtful to others. Exclusionary behavior, casual or otherwise, is not tolerated.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Anyone watching MSNBC? Is this real?

I saw this too and didn't know if it was safe to post. Def seems real but didn't know if it was something that needed posted. But since someone else brought it up already.

Lol, wow, her racism slipped. That's a paddling.

On second thought, I can believe it was a slip and she meant to say nakers, but here we are.