• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Allowing the simple filing of a lawsuit to force a player to sit regardless of its merit might not be a great idea in a world where millions or billions of dollars are riding on game outcomes. It's unnecessary too, since some kind of evaluation of the claims can be done and it shouldn't take much time. If a cursory looks suggests fire, let him sit.

Yep, I was reading some takes that if civil suits can force a player to sit, it has potentially nefarious consequences now that sports betting is legal

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
When does the woman meet with the NFL? Hopefully sooner than later? Can we get a fund me going to fly her first class and have a limo take her to the office, ASAP?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame. So Brown will get to play this weekend.

This came out when? late Monday? I'd imagine the NFL will want to do some background work and get as much information as possible before meeting with the accuser.

Either way Brown gets a paycheck for this weekend's game.

Oct 26, 2017
When does the woman meet with the NFL? Hopefully sooner than later? Can we get a fund me going to fly her first class and have a limo take her to the office, ASAP?

She's getting married this week, she can't meet with them until next week. Not sure anything would change, her side of the story is already public. If the NFL wanted to put him on the exempt list they could do it now.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This whole situation is a giant cluster fuck and irrespective of whether Brown is guilty or not (because who the fuck knows at this point) I wish the Pats would cut him JUST to remove the headache.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's getting married this week, she can't meet with them until next week. Not sure anything would change, her side of the story is already public. If the NFL wanted to put him on the exempt list they could do it now.

Her complaint is public but presumably there is more evidence she has (or claims to have) that isn't. There is also evidence and information relevant from Brown they need before making a decision as well.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's a bit of an... awkward time to dump such a serious civil suit.

A week before a wedding? This type of shit can and has uprooted the lives of the accusers.

Oct 26, 2017
Her complaint is public but presumably there is more evidence she has (or claims to have) that isn't. There is also evidence and information relevant from Brown they need before making a decision as well.

True, that's a good point. Though, I don't know if the NFL has scheduled anything to meet with Antonio Brown, maybe his agent is handling that?

That's a bit of an... awkward time to dump such a serious civil suit.

A week before a wedding? This type of shit can and has uprooted the lives of the accusers.

Yeah, I found it pretty odd, too. One of the biggest, busiest, and most important weeks of your life is an odd time to add a civil lawsuit, but I'm sure she has her reasons.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im assuming she's getting married to the same guy? I saw tweets regarding those videos of her and AB that came out and they were saying shit like her fiancé deleted his social media because of them and she got caught etc etc.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's never a bad time to reportif you're a victim, the right time to accuse someone is when you're emotionally ready for the backlash.

I mean, I would argue there are opportune times to ready yourself for a major life altering event that puts you in the public spotlight. But if she feels doing this on the eve of her wedding is opportune and doesn't change much then I guess that's that.

Oct 26, 2017
It's never a bad time to reportif you're a victim, the right time to accuse someone is when you're emotionally ready for the backlash.

Agreed. The timing seems odd since she is undergoing a major life event that likely has placed a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety on her, she's now in the national spotlight for the foreseeable future. However, she could look at it like her marriage is the start of a new chapter in her life and this suit is closing out the old one. Timing seems odd to me, but I'm not in her shoes and can't speak to intentions.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Great conversation about it here.

Benching someone from an accusation without speaking with the parties involved seems needlessly premature and comes with its own issues.

Shit, set it up to let him play until an investigation or civil suit is complete. And if he's found guilty, make the money he's earned go towards her and then kick him from the league. I don't care; it's only right. But taking time to at least ask questions, to prevent vilifying either party prematurely, seems fair here.

To Max's point, NFL definitely needs to find out about those text messages for sure. Like ASAP.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
They shouldn't put him on the exempt list until they talk to her (and to him) as Stephen A said. But if I'm the Patriots, I don't play him on Sunday. And then if the league finds her story to be more credible than his, he should most definitely be put on the list and the Pats should invoke their right to cut him loose. At that point he's done in the league for at least 1-2 seasons while the case is tried.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Great conversation about it here.

Benching someone from an accusation without speaking with the parties involved seems needlessly premature and comes with its own issues.

Shit, set it up to let him play until an investigation or civil suit is complete. And if he's found guilty, make the money he's earned go towards her and then kick him from the league. I don't care; it's only right. But taking time to at least ask questions, to prevent vilifying either party prematurely, seems fair here.

To Max's point, NFL definitely needs to find out about those text messages for sure. Like ASAP.

Max is 100% right.

AB's history on top of the fact that he failed to inform the Patriots that he had this looming over him should be reason enough for them to distance themselves from him. As for the Commissioners Exempt List, AB admitting to ejaculating on the victims back while she was sleeping - obviously without her consent - should be enough.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My respect for Belichick would definitely increase if he actually tells AB to stay away from the team until the situation has been resolved or benches him until then. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they just cut him since he didn't make them aware of this beforehand. It's not like they need him anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Max is 100% right.

AB's history on top of the fact that he failed to inform the Patriots that he had this looming over him should be reason enough for them to distance themselves from him. As for the Commissioners Exempt List, AB admitting to ejaculating on the victims back while she was sleeping - obviously without her consent - should be enough.

I didn't interpret the email exchange as AB saying he did that while she slept. But admittedly it's a travesty of writing.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max is 100% right.

Max was a bit incorrect about the texts. It does not say he did it while she slept. Not that I blame him for intepreting it that way since that text was just pure diarrhea of the fingers.

The texts make it sound like he just finished on her back, AB alleges it was a consensual affair.

The accuser says it didn't happen when she slept, but instead they were watching a church sermon or something on an Ipad and he jacked off behind her back and she felt a wet spot.

The texts def don't look great for him. But keep in mind Tyreek Hill texted his accuser she should be afraid of him and nothing happened.

Max is right in that AB's actions can warrant the exempt list. That being said, Stephen A has the correct take that benching him without the NFL at the very least meeting with the accuser and the accused would be a disastrous precedent to set.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
My respect for Belichick would definitely increase if he actually tells AB to stay away from the team until the situation has been resolved or benches him until then. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they just cut him since he didn't make them aware of this beforehand. It's not like they need him anyway.
It took the Patriots for actual cops to arrest Aaron Hernandez for them to cut him from the team, AB isnt going anywhere for now.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the NFL. The only thing they care about is winning . Unless god tell Bill that ab need to be bench he is playing

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, while she was watching television. There isn't an appropriate time to jerk off onto someone's back without their consent

Yeah but AB doesn't admit to that exact situation, or that he didn't have consent. So the email doesn't offer complete support for that allegation. It's possible AB will even say he wasn't admitting to doing that at all, but was simply repeating the allegation she made and was laughing about it like it was absurd. The second email in particular at least somewhat supports that interpretation. I'm not exactly convinced of it. But it highlights the issue with the emails: they aren't a model of clarity.

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, while she was watching television. There isn't an appropriate time to jerk off onto someone's back without their consent

That's what she said happened. He said he jacked off on her back and slept in her bed. He never admits it wasn't consensual, at least I don't think. His writing is practically it's own language

Oct 27, 2017
Benching AB would set a ridiculously dangerous precedent along with the fact that the NFL has never acted in such a manner in similar cases.

I'm ok with allowing folks to toss furniture at him from the 14th floor of a building. Tie some sandbags to his legs and if he can avoid being crushed by an credenza for an hour, let him play.

Where is Ndamukong Suh when you need his punk ass?

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
NFL doing the right thing by not putting him on the exempt list. Now let's see if Bill does the right thing by not putting him into a game until he and his accuser present their evidence to the league.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017

At this point, NFL will not place Antonio Brown on commissioner exempt list, as there is no criminal investigation, making him eligible to play Sunday vs. Miami, per sources. NFL has opened its investigation, which will include interviews with Antonio Brown and his accuser.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

At this point, NFL will not place Antonio Brown on commissioner exempt list, as there is no criminal investigation, making him eligible to play Sunday vs. Miami, per sources. NFL has opened its investigation, which will include interviews with Antonio Brown and his accuser.

I will preface this with saying that I want the Pats to cut him because I don't want the headache whether he did it or not.

But that being said the NFL has no choice but to allow him the right to continue to play unless more information comes out because the NFLPA will lose their mind otherwise.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
NFL doing the right thing by not putting him on the exempt list. Now let's see if Bill does the right thing by not putting him into a game until he and his accuser present their evidence to the league.
You mean Bill coach of the Pats? The only reason Aaron Hernandez didn't play after he was arrested was because Bill didn't have a way to break him out of jail.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You heard it folks. The NFL and the Patriots don't care if you are a potential rapist so long as you are really good at catching footballs.

The NFL is a fucking joke when it comes to properly policing their players. No other professional sport organization is as bad as they are. Rapists, abusers, violent offenders, etc etc. It doesn't matter to them as long as you can play.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
You mean Bill coach of the Pats? The only reason Aaron Hernandez didn't play after he was arrested was because Bill didn't have a way to break him out of jail.
Pats handled the AH situation really well.

You heard it folks. The NFL and the Patriots don't care if you are a potential rapist so long as you are really good at catching footballs.

The NFL is a fucking joke when it comes to properly policing their players. No other professional sport organization is as bad as they are. Rapists, abusers, violent offenders, etc etc. It doesn't matter to them as long as you can play.

Which other league has a policy of immediately suspending players named in a civil, not criminal, lawsuit?

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017

Just dont smoke weed. Or protest white instituions.

Think of the children!

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017