• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
www.ioi.dk

HITMAN 3 - Player Guide - IO Interactive

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your locations and progression from HITMAN 2.

HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
We've done everything possible to make this process smooth and player-friendly. However, due to various circumstances out of our control, we want to acknowledge that the process is different to our initial plans for PC players. We also want to share some of the initiatives we've set-up to make sure that PC players the chance to keep enjoying the benefits of the World of Assassination.

• The HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be available to claim in the first 10 days after launch for anyone who purchases (or has pre-ordered) any edition of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.
  • Owners of HITMAN 1 on EGS (including all players who claimed it when it was available for free in August) will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.
  • The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.
Our hope is that these initiatives help to ensure all HITMAN 3 PC players can able to enjoy the new game with full access to HITMAN 1 and their progression carried over as a minimum.

I was under the impression before that if you owned hitman 2 on steam you would be able to get the levels for free? What happened?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: about a month ago IO Interactive said that each level would have 20 mastery levels (indicating that they are all full-sized maps without any miniature ones like Hawke's Bay from H2), but the trophy/achievement list reveals that the final level only has 5.

I'm still excited for the game but it's pretty shitty that they misled people like that.

Last edited:

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Dissapointing. Seems they tried their earnest to give us the option to honor the Hitman 2 steam license in Hitman 3 but they got fucked by Epic. I'll wait for the steam release.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously something went very wrong. I'm sure leaving the publisher didn't make things easier.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Fuck IO, man, seriously. There's too much bullshit surrounding these games, I really cba this time around.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I can wait a year. I have both Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam anyway, why separate entries between storefronts.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression before that if you owned hitman 2 on steam you would be able to get the levels for free? What happened?
Perhaps Epic wouldn't allow IOI to use Steam licenses for the EGS version of Hitman 3? They are in the business of selling more on their own store after all.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't going to get it either way, given i have 1 and 2 on steam, and IO discounts their stuff waaaay too quickly for me to rush, but this is bad.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Would really suck if I wasn't already waiting for the Steam release + a nice discount. Sorry, not sorry.

Presuming Epic will just hand out the games for free to handwaive the problem away? That's their usual solution.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, kinda figured something like this would happen. Gonna wait until 3 is on Steam. Not like re-buying Hitman 2 at 80% off on EGS would bankrupt me, but it's just kinda dumb to spread my ownership across platforms when the games are specifically made to be cumulative like this

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Well this fucking sucks.

Please God tell me the save files still carry over at least, after you repurchase it

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
If only they had some sort of internal IOI account system away from steam that knew what games you owned.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Well this fucking sucks.

Please God tell me the save files carry over at least, after you repurchase it
Per the article, progress carries over through your IOI account. You need to link it once on a website and it'll carry over the progress.

Also, is there any word on how much the H1/H2 upgrades will cost? The H1 legacy pack in H2 was €20, so I'd at least hope that the H2 upgrade will cost similarily, since the 80% discount would mean that's €4, which is easier to stomach if nothing else

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm okay with independent IO taking the money and I'm okay with waiting till it's on Steam

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd just been weighing up whether or not to bite the bullet and buy it on Epic. Guess I actually will be waiting until it hits Steam next year. It's a shame because it really looked good, but I'm not rebuying all the stuff I already own.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Think I might refund this tbh. I bought it because I wanted to play H2 levels with the improvements and because the game is cheap in my region on EGS and people were saying the price was randomly increasing in certain countries.

But there's little point now, I'll just go back to playing H2 which I only bought recently on sale.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Then i will buy it on sale when it comes to steam.

Congrats on fucking yourself IO

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I guess the plan now is, if the Steam version doesn't come out in 2021, then I'll wait until it's discounted on EGS later in the year so I can play it before year's end, and then rebuy it later on Steam at a discounted price as well for access to the old games' levels. If the Steam version is this year though, then I'll just wait until that version is available to play it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, guess that makes my decision mostly easier on where to buy H3, since PC was the only place I had all my H2 progress.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
the specifics are they got money and then had to only put out their game on one platform which is bare bones and clearly unable or unwilling to handle simple things like this

they did sell out and fuck their fans not sure why youd think otherwise
The specifics are they got money for exclusivity, they thought they could honor steam licenses and at the final hour they couldn't. They don't have any reason to not honor those steam licenses so the crux is probably Epic.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, wtf is this.

Obviously plans change, but don't broadcast on how your steam licenses will transfer if it's not already set in stone.

And having to re-buy Hitman 2? 80% off is a band-aid fix.

Welp, I guess the plan now is, if the Steam version doesn't come out in 2020, then I'll wait until it's discounted on EGS later in the year so I can play it before year's end, and then rebuy it later on Steam at a discounted price as well for access to the old games' levels. If the Steam version is this year though, then I'll just wait until that version is available to play it.

It's likely to be a year wait, much like every other non Borderlands deal thus far.

edit:

Wait, you have to buy EITHER the standard or gold edition of Hitman 2 - as in separate price points?!

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've double dipped on the last two games (based on the PC I had at the time) and this news makes me tempted to pick up the PS4 version first.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Was debating picking this up on Xbox or PC but it seems like my decision just got a whole lot easier. Highly doubt this it IO's fault but that still sucks for anyone who prefers or only has a PC.

But then again they did make the deal with Epic themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.