• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stated on SonyEra's Discord that I wanted to see this thread when the forum went live, and so I am doing it myself.

I think it's fair to say the last week has been a very disillusioning and confusing time for everyone. We have seen probably one of the largest exodus to ever happen on the internet, at least in terms of video games. In spite of that, we have now been welcomed into a shiny new place of discussion and community that, frankly under the circumstances really couldn't have turned out any better.

For those of you who were involved in the construction and organization of ResetEra, whether that be coding, legal or trying to make heads and tails of the many Discord lifeboats that were out there (some 80 of them I believe) and of course our brand new admins and moderators who could have quite easily just thrown their hands up and went home in light of the situation, I am certain that you're all physically and mentally exhausted after the monumental effort you have just displayed.

I like to think I speak for everyone here when I say, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have saved the biggest gaming community on the net from oblivion, and I hope the fruits of your labor are as ripe as the finest Peaches and Eggplants.

giphy.gif

Heisenberg

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. Great job to everyone involved in building this site in just a few days.

Thank you.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was a hell of a scary weekend and this at the end of that is so comforting; i feel like im in relaxing hot water

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saturday was a day of uncertainty. Everything was falling apart and I all but assumed this community was dead. Then within what... 6-7 hours? Cerium and co. announced a new forum was being made, a second chance. I was hesitant but as new info came out, new staff members were revealed I became more and more confident, relieved, and excited. And now today, less than a week after our old forum imploded we have a new home. Organizing this in such a short amount of time is no easy feat on top of that you guys worked with dozens of splinter communities to get as many people on board as possible. This is an amazing community effort. We're already 7000 members strong and we ain't done yet!

It goes without saying but thanks to every member on the staff and the various community reps for making this happen. There are fun times ahead and thanks for giving us the opportunity to have em.

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely, can't say thanks enough to everyone involved, forum seems great so far and community seems to be off to a great start!

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I had a blast diving into some of the Discord communities I've never been in before to help relay info along. I will be staying in every single one of them because they are all amazing and welcoming beyond belief.

With that said, everything that has happened here has been true lightning in a bottle. While everything was frantic at times, all staff, helpers and even just normal users deserve kudos for somehow doing the nigh impossible.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This already feels like home. Amazing job! Thank you so much for your amazing work in such a short timeframe

Barls

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, amazing job. Putting something that could handle this type of rush together in a few days and pretty much nailing it is crazy impressive.

AngryMoth

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone involved, I think you have done an incredible job under the circumstances so far.

The launch seems to be going great (touch wood). Site is up, 7k members already and I've been browsing for the last hour without seeing a single troll post. Congrats guys

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thanks everyone who helped make this site! This past week has been insane, well done.

Edit: Just tried searching my username to see if I've been quoted, send help.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. Congrats to everyone involved in this. What you guys achieved in such a short amount of time is amazing.

Sure there will be some bumps along the road. Especially just starting out, but so far this has been a great rollout and things are moving along at a great pace. Thank you for this!

r6Vk1_s-200x150.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Yes. Much needed thread. This is fantastic and I can't believe how little time it took to make something that I would consider better especially when it comes to features. Truly fantastic.

Thank you!

Oct 25, 2017
Building this site in such of short amount of time was amazing but managing to unite all the communities and help them move over seemingly without problem is nothing short of miraculous.

Great work all around.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
This probably would have been a more appropriate thread for my post, but yes, thank you everyone!

Amazing effing job.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it has been incredible to watch something so great come together so quickly at the hands of people who stepped up to the plate. A sincere thank you!

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Can't second, third, fourth this enough - long time lurker elsewhere, looking forward to engaging more over here. Here's to the future all!

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I would also like to put in my thanks. It is amazing the amount of coordination that was pulled off with this. As others said it's amazing how fast this was pulled off.

Vortex

Oct 25, 2017
Profound thanks for keeping this unique community alive. Your efforts, dedication, and commitment are inspiring. Bravo!

Rigby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've done an incredible job in just a couple of days, this new site is amazing.

Thank you.

LeadenStride

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, thank you for all of this!
I'm also very pleasantly surprised how little time went by to be a registered member on here without being associated with any discords or having invites and the like.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
GG admins. I didn't even check GAF today. (Well, I do have to go there for 5 minutes to send a PM to someone, but I'm now happy in my own home)

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Kudos to team, community and everyone who was involved, I appreciate all the hard work that has been done to make this forum happen. It's already a great start.

Also, shout-out to SonyERA discord channel :) You're great!

sjnowak

Oct 25, 2017
As a long time lurker, I feel like I finally have an opportunity to post more. Also, appreciate the modern forum software.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The speed at which they got this together was amazing. I missed out on the Discord before it got locked up but they made a point to get me in. It's off to an awesome start and the community seems more energized and optimistic than I've seen them in a long time.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you ResetERA team for bringing the community back together! It is amazing to see so many users who left during the exodus come back here.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Kudos to all the staff and everyone involved in the logistics of getting everyone onto the site. It's a pretty big achievement despite any minor bumps or miscalculations.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to add my thanks here as well to everyone involved, from ResetEra staff to the Discord community leads to the content creators who brought their OTs over, for their Herculean efforts in putting this together so quickly and successfully. I think I'm not alone here in saying that over the course of half a week I went from seriously thinking I might just be done with talking about video games on the Internet (ugh, right before Odyssey) to outright excited about what was to come (yes, right before Odyssey!).

This wasn't just a migration: I think this is a tighter-knit community than when we started, now that we've had a shared experience of floating on evacuation ships in the harbour, waiting for the docks to be built, ferrying information to each other from pod to pod, making sure our fellow travellers don't get left behind, tossing eggplants at one another. Mass migrations almost never work, but I have every reason to be optimistic that this one will be the strongest of exceptions. It's like we've just had a change of interface as though nothing was disrupted, with the only difference being that we're all a little closer to each other and eager to see what lies ahead. And for that, we owe your dedication and your willingness to commit to such a big risk on almost no notice at all. Not everyone has made it over, I know, but with such a warm and encouraging start it's only a matter of time.

KidInsomnia

Oct 25, 2017
Hear hear. It was nice to have a few hours without a forum to be completely enveloped in, but it's much better to have a home again.

Thank you, Erans.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Thanks to all involved.

I was really afraid that the GAF community would just disappear into the ether after Saturday, so I'm beyond glad to see it live on here. It's kind of incredible this all came together in 5 days.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They are all incredible people and deserve a massive amount of praise.

Don't forget to thank each other too. Without communities sticking by each other, reaching out to each other, and struggling to find a place to land, this place would not exist.

Thank you everyone.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Finally made it! (Phantasmic_glaive)

We did it together mondy, all of us!

And thanks for showing me love too. It was a great time man, and a great experience with the whole transition.

Discharger

Oct 25, 2017
The people that put in the effort to get this done in such a short period of time with this level of execution should be proud. I can't thank you enough for what you've done.

It is
amazing the amount of coordination that was pulled off with this.

Absolutely. Once things have settled in, if site management is okay with it, I'd love someone to tell the story of exactly what happened, and talk to the players involved. I think it would be a great read, and it would be nice to credit those involved

Last edited:

Timelost

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd like to add my thanks here as well to everyone involved, from ResetEra staff to the Discord community leads to the content creators who brought their OTs over, for their Herculean efforts in putting this together so quickly and successfully. I think I'm not alone here in saying that over the course of half a week I went from seriously thinking I might just be done with talking about video games on the Internet (ugh, right before Odyssey) to outright excited about what was to come (yes, right before Odyssey!).

This wasn't just a migration: I think this is a tighter-knit community than when we started, now that we've had a shared experience of floating on evacuation ships in the harbour, waiting for the docks to be built, ferrying information to each other from pod to pod, making sure our fellow travellers don't get left behind, tossing eggplants at one another. Mass migrations almost never work, but I have every reason to be optimistic that this one will be the strongest of exceptions. It's like we've just had a change of interface as though nothing was disrupted, with the only difference being that we're all a little closer to each other and eager to see what lies ahead. And for that, we owe your dedication and your willingness to commit to such a big risk on almost no notice at all. Not everyone has made it over, I know, but with such a warm and encouraging start it's only a matter of time.

Couldn't have said it better, bravo to all involved in making this happen. You are the heroes gaming deserves!