• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lacky

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

From video description:
  • It will be a collaborative project between Japan (main production) and China (main funding).
  • First tier Japanese animation production companies are aboard (specifics to be announced in the coming future).
  • The film project was made possible in partnership with Beijing's Ultron Event Horizon, whose CEO, Danyang Zhao, was responsible for bringing the animated film "Your Name" to China.
  • Significant budget for the project has been cleared (quoted as somewhere above the budget for the production of Your Name, for reference).
  • The original creator of To the Moon, Kan Gao, will play a part in the script editing/advising process.
  • Freebird Games continues to create narrative-driven games with Kan fully committed. The production for the next Freebird game project has already begun, and is quoted to be 'quite bonkers.
Following information will be posted on https://twitter.com/tothemoonanime

Last edited:

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
What?! This is insane! I really enjoyed the game for what it was. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty neat. I really liked To the Moon (and A Bird Story), even if the "game" elements were terrible.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I always saw people suggest this idea but I didn't actually expect it would happen.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good, because I always wanted to experience its the story, I couldn't make it through the actual "game" parts.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I thought it was okay, if a little pretentious. Didn't agree with the world view of the creators, which dampened its effect for me. Still, not everything is for me, and I'm glad those who liked the game get to see a potentially high quality adaptation.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Man what the hell

This is amazing.

Please don't fuck this up, this could genuinely be really important representation

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
To The Moon + DLCs + A Bird Story + Finding Paradise were all amazing experiences.
I was actually wondering how To The Moon would work as a movie. Seems like we get the chance to!

Pretty excited!

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your Name made too much money in China. I expect a lot of tear jerking animed films in the coming years.

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Always thought an animated version of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would be great and I love To The Moon.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
wow, this is great! Not sure if it will turn out good though, there's a charm to these only text games that can be lost or made a bit cringy when animated and with voice acting!

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
To The Moon was good for its time but it is very sentimental looking back at it now.

I hope Laura Shigihara can contribute to the soundtrack again.

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
What a coincidence, I just recently played the game after my sister told me I shoud for a month when I did the same to her for almost half a year. I wasn't getting it at the beggining, she kept saying that I had to finish it in one sitting and then it kicked me right in the feelings man, so hard. It's a beautiful game and there's so much to it, I'm feeling a knot listening to the background music in the video.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
What a coincidence, I just recently played the game after my sister told me I shoud for a month when I did the same to her for almost half a year. I wasn't getting it at the beggining, she kept saying that I had to finish it in one sitting and then it kicked me right in the feelings man, so hard. It's a beautiful game and there's so much to it, I'm feeling a knot listening to the background music in the video.

you should play the sigmund minisodes included with the game! Then a bird story, which i a small prequel to to the moon sequel, FINDING PARADISE, that of course you should play too

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
wow what terrific news! cant help but get a little watery listening to the creator thanking everyone at the end of the video

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
you should play the sigmund minisodes included with the game! Then a bird story, which i a small prequel to to the moon sequel, FINDING PARADISE, that of course you should play too

Oh for sure I will, I just letting everything sink a little so I can take another dive into it... hang on, Finding Paradise?

I only knew about Bird Story and To The Moon, bought both games last year... Okay I have a lot to play, but just a little by little because I can't handle that much feelings at the same. Thanks!

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
447px-Manlytears3_copy.png

Time to cry again, now in cinemas.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I love that the first genuinely good video game movie is going to be an adaptation of a fantastic indie game.

(Y'know, assuming it works out--it might not! But, from everything in the OP, it sounds like it probably will?)

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I am excited for this one!

I'll have you guys know I'm not like you wimps. I only cried 3 times while playing the game.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this may be how I finally give this the time it deserves. Have owned it for so long, but never have the drive to play it for some reason.

Hope it's great!

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
This may be how I have to experience the game because I can't get the desire to go through the slow beginning so far.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Oh for sure I will, I just letting everything sink a little so I can take another dive into it... hang on, Finding Paradise?

I only knew about Bird Story and To The Moon, bought both games last year... Okay I have a lot to play, but just a little by little because I can't handle that much feelings at the same. Thanks!

yeah basically in order :

• To the moon
  • Sigmund Minisode 1 + 2
  • A Bird Story
  • Finding Paradise