• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Today, 100 years ago, Germany signs the Armistice that ends The Great War, later known as WWI. One of the deadliest conflicts in human history, with an estimated 40 million casualties (20 million deaths and 21 million wounded). It is one of the defining moments of the 20th century and would determine events and conflicts that last to this day.

I don't have much familial connection to the war. While China did see conflict during the war, my own family history doesn't go that far back. However, I personally find it to be one of the more interesting conflicts because of how encompassing it was. One of the reasons why I grew so interested was the video you watched above, part of the Great War series, which did a "real time 100 years ago" weekly series on the subject.

I guess the main reason this thread was created was curiosity on any personal or familial connections to the Great War as well as a shout out to the end of one of the best Youtube series I've followed. What do people here think of World War I and what lessons can we take in the modern day?

Status
Not open for further replies.