• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
bro, you're mad about this? Why? This means that even you can create the cheesy goodness that is put on their burgers if you just believe!

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Slightly OT: A few weeks ago, I found out that The Halal Guys used gyro bread from a local bakery that I shop at. I was disappointed about that since I thought they baked it at the restaurant's location.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Kraft cheese is a wierd thing brought to us by the power of science. It is fine when grilled and you should be fine if you like the burger.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
The cheese sits on their super greesy buns in tin foil before you eat it. They soak up some flavor so they don't taste like stale ass that Kraft singles usually tastes like.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
This is like when children gleefully eat an entire plate of pasta, later find out there were onions in the spaghetti sauce, and then act indignant and disgusted.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Gross Velveeta wishes it was as good as Kraft.

HCv2qjP.png

Heyyy..... hey now..... let's not get crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
$13+ dollars for a cheese burger and medium fries!? Yall suckas is crazy. I can get 3lbs of hamburger (9 burgers),buns,a large bag of frozen fries or 3lbs fresh potatoes to make fries for roughly the same price.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good thing. Fake/processed American cheese on a burger is PERFECT.

Real cheese on a burger is so bad.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
There is nothing wrong with Kraft cheese. They have a lot of great products.
However, their sliced American cheese aint cheese and it is nasty. The fact that American cheese is the only cheese option at Five Guys is a sin, and the reason I don't put cheese on my burgers from them.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
Crappy cheese is the least of my worries with Five Guys... Their use of peanut oil is enough to ensure I will never dine there.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know, because whenever I go to these burger places, I always say "no cheese" unless they are using something better than the cheapest American cheese.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
How is it crappy cheese?

I got the impression the cheese used was of the 'processed slice' variety (as I mention, I can't actually eat in there so I'm just going on what has been said) - I don't really like that sort of processed cheese on a burger, preferring cheddar or stilton, or maybe even monterey jack.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Processed cheese is produced from the whey remains of producing normal cheese. It's literally a result of waste product penny pinching.

Kind of harsh to call whey a "waste product", don't you think? It seems to have a lot of commercial uses. Certain cheeses like ricotta, protein powders, etc come from whey. Whey's cool in my book.

Cheese is processed from milk. You don't see cows shitting out blocks of cheese. I can confirm this because I have been to the Tillamook Cheese Factory :D

edit: I know milk doesn't come from a cows ass. I think.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
If I'm trying to make a standard burger, no way in hell.

I'm fine with other types. Like I mentioned before, you start getting into pub burger territory.

Back in the day there was a wave of pub burgers and gourmet burgers that were always too tall to comfortably bite without ripping the corners of your mouth. Like this guy down here. I know it'll taste fine, but its not my ideal burger.

IMG_7453.JPG

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
I love this video. It's one of my ideal burgers. But I'm no burger aficionado. I just need good beef that is heavily seasoned, melted american cheese, and a toasted bun. Literally all I need in a burger to be happy.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty common.

Au Cheval in Chicago, whose cheeseburger has been named one of the best in the country, uses a Sysco patty and Kraft cheese, and people wait hours in line to eat it.

577c02c988e4a78c148b5de8-750-563.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
The amount of straight up ignorance in this thread about American cheese is downright frightening.

First of all, know your fucking products people. You are confusing two completey different products for the same thing (Kraft Singles).

The cheese that 5 Guys uses is American cheese. It's real and made of a mixture of two cheeses, which is why it's labeled as processed. It's the same cheese In N Out uses and every other place that serves American cheese. Kraft just happens to make both kinds, which is what confuses people.

large_6ad1d25e-cb69-418f-a536-82666ef9e31e.jpeg

The same cheese from Boar's Head: https://boarshead.com/products/detail/652-american-cheese-loaf-yellow

Now what most of you are confusing legit American Cheese for is Kraft singles, which are individually wrapped and is a completely different product:

kraftsinglesprod.jpg

If you look closely at the images, the singles is labeled a cheese product because it includes emulsifiers, saturated vegetable oils and unnatural food colorings. It is less then 51% cheese, which it why it's labeled as a product.

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
That Quality Garbage post above is on point.

For some of you that are confused, I think Anthony Bourdain sums up my burger philosophy pretty well.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
So is everything sold as cheese in your supermarket. Mostly flavored potatopowder.

Except some cheeses in the cheese section.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kraft is THE cheese for burgers and grilled cheeses. That being said, cheese on a burger is absolutely disgusting.