• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Kojima be like:

"Gentlemen. When I first started Kojima Production, I had only two things in my possession: A dream...and six million pounds. Now I have a business empire the like of which the world has never seen the like of which! I hope it doesn't sound arrogant when I say that I am the greatest man in the world."

Congrats to him though and it's nice he can do what he loves.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kojima be like:

"Gentlemen. When I first started Kojima Production, I had only two things in my possession: A dream...and six million pounds. Now I have a business empire the like of which the world has never seen the like of which! I hope it doesn't sound arrogant when I say that I am the greatest man in the world."

Congrats to him though and it's nice he can do what he loves.
Of course one would bring shit like this to a studio celebration thread.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations to the KojiPro team. Incredible still that they managed to create Death Stranding from scratch in such a relatively small time-frame.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Time flies...seems yesterday when he walked down that stairs on the stage at e3 2016 and announced Death Stranding.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
their first game came out faster than i expected

can't wait to see what's next

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
How long do you guys think is gonna take till they ship another game?
Seeing how fast was DS' dev cycle I have hopes for 2 years, with a short trailer appearing at E3 2020.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
From nothing to Death Stranding in 4 years is amazing.....yea,I know they had Sony backing but even so they put out an incredible game which was also bug/glitch free in my 160hr playthrough....that is quite frankly still impossible for me to get my head around,lol.

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
I'm not sure if Kojima Productions will join WWS. But I'm pretty convinced his next title is already in pre-production for PS5. In a similar partnership to Death Stranding.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding turned out incredible, can't wait for what they are working on next.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Where is this horror game you talked about making last month?

tenor.gif

And find a way to have Joan Crawford in it

W6EIQNTTZMYNFNHW2VPRLQB6E4.jpg

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Congratulations, bring me that horror game, Death Stranding is one of my favourite games this year.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine delivering a GOTG in just 4 years of existence. Squad goals.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy how they manage to make death stranding in less than 4 years. Sure, there's obvious cut but the result is still amazing. Can't wait to see new game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Building a studio and releasing a AAA within 4 years is remarkable, even with all the help they got from Sony. Would be great if Kojima could revive whatever he wanted to do with Silent Hills, even though it would probably have to be a new IP but in the end it's just a name.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Its amazing how much he and his team done. Already a game out and the studio just now is making 4 years that exists.

Happy Birthday KojiPro

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't think of another independent studio that managed to put out a goty contenting AAA multi-million selling title as their first game after being founded.

No idea what to think of the game yet, but it's certainly a huge accomplishment for him to land on his feet this quickly.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He had connections when he made the studio so it's really not a big deal at all. His status was basically handed to him on a silver platter. Gamers and Sony bought into the hype, but I saw through it.

just kidding of course :) Amazing accomplishment and can't wait to see what they do next!

datbapple

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
incredibly impressive putting out a game of that quality in such a short time. while the last handful of chapters could have definitely used some tightening, I agree with the mid to low 80s score and that is nothing to be ashamed off compared to other bigger studios with way more time and money.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! Cant believe it's already been 4 years, unbelievable that they were able to pump out Death Stranding in such a short amount of time

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS!!!!

I absolutely loved Death Stranding, a truly incredible experience... Hopefully the rumors of a horror title are true.

Oct 27, 2017
If their next game is indeed a horror game I expect them release it fairly quickly. These types of games are significantly shorter than most AAA plus now the team is completely familiar with the engine.