• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

www.videogameschronicle.com

Nintendo Direct: It’s now been 6 months since the last full presentation | VGC

This week could mark the largest ever gap between main Nintendo Directs…

Just a reminder that there's absolutely no Nintendo games with a release date after Animal Crossing, for the rest of the year.
Xenoblade Chronicles DE is the only confirmed first party title for 2020 so far in the west, with the Famicom Detective Club remake being announced for Japan only. The rest is TBA (Bayo 3, BOTW2, etc), DLC (Pokemon) or third party (Bravely Default 2, SMT V, etc).

Are they waiting on Animal Crossing to be out, as if people weren't going to buy it in the first place?
Pretty unprecedented for them to be that silent on their release schedule, unless you count the final year of the WiiU I guess.

edit: people taking it as Dooooom are obviously not reading the OP.
I'm just stating we have no info for anything after Animal Crossing.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
so whats your point? they said they will only show stuff when its close to being finished
Obviously.
az_SR_Vyhm0LPBHpQ05kWk7IvF5DLMzqAuki295y--4.gif

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The Direct has so many game announcements that the file is too big to upload to YouTube.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
There's zero chance they get to the end of the fiscal year (March 31) without more confirmed software with hard release dates. We'll have a Direct soon enough.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's no reason for doom mongering, but the absence of anything more than a fortnight out is more than a little strange.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They feel like Animal Crossing is enough to carry the first half, and yes if you're not interested in Animal Crossing, it's one of the worst, kinda similar to a Wii U 1st half.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Please read the OP before threadwhining or accusing me of doom mongering.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the Direct took place two months ago but it aired exclusively at Reggie's house and it was invite only and everyone signed NDAs to not talk about F-Zero 99

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

www.videogameschronicle.com

Nintendo Direct: It’s now been 6 months since the last full presentation | VGC

This week could mark the largest ever gap between main Nintendo Directs…

Just a reminder that there's absolutely no Nintendo games with a release date after Animal Crossing, for the rest of the year.
Xenoblade Chronicles DE is the only confirmed first party title for 2020 so far in the west, with the Famicom Detective Club remake being announced for Japan only. The rest is TBA (Bayo 3, BOTW2, etc), DLC (Pokemon) or third party (Bravely Default 2, SMT V, etc).

Are they waiting on Animal Crossing to be out, as if people weren't going to buy it in the first place?
Pretty unprecedented for them to be that silent on their release schedule, unless you count the final year of the WiiU I guess.

edit: people taking it as Dooooom are obviously not reading the OP.
I'm just stating we have no info for anything after Animal Crossing.

I am going with the theory that MS is going to announce a buyout of Nintendo. Leave Nintendo as the face of the Xbox operations in Japan and have Breath of the Wild coming to Xbox and Windows 10 machines, later on Steam.

Phil seems really confident about Xbox's chances in Japan, especially with all the games from Japan now coming to Xbox.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, most people are still thinking Nintendo is in an Iwata-esc mindset still.
Furukawa clearly is taking things a whole different direction and we just have to accept that. The man is clearly trying to do things his way, which appears to be more behind the scenes and businessly, same can likely be said fot Doug Bowser.
I wouldnt be surprised it the general Directs remain e3 exclusive while game centric ones are all we get, and we get them because of devs, like Sakurai, just trying to hold on to a bit of that Iwata legacy.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
This is the longest gap between General Directs, yes?

What was the longest before this one?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they're staying quiet at the moment in order to blow peoples socks off at E3 after the inevitable hype around PS5 / Series X. They sort of have to this year to stay relevant in at least the enthusiast press.

Imagine they have an E3 Direct this year with the first ever gameplay of Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, the surprise of Super Mario Odyssey 2, MK8 Deluxe DLC and the reveal of a huge name Smash character. I don't know what Sony or MS could show to better that without showing games that won't be out for three+ years.

I think they're staying quiet at the moment in order to blow peoples socks off at E3 after the inevitable hype around PS5 / Series X. They sort of have to this year to stay relevant in at least the enthusiast press.

Imagine they have an E3 Direct this year with the first ever gameplay of Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, the surprise of Super Mario Odyssey 2, MK8 Deluxe DLC and the reveal of a huge name Smash character.

lol

Jan 10, 2018
Brazil
I am going with the theory that MS is going to announce a buyout of Nintendo. Leave Nintendo as the face of the Xbox operations in Japan and have Breath of the Wild coming to Xbox and Windows 10 machines, later on Steam.

Phil seems really confident about Xbox's chances in Japan, especially with all the games from Japan now coming to Xbox.
I'm sorry but I screamed. You have to be joking...

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It's really really weird, interesting, and might be worrying if we dont see a direct before AC.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
I still think we'll get a Direct in the first half of the month.

That said, if that ends up being the case, then yes, it would be weird and mean they are waiting for Animal Crossing to come out before announcing anything else, which would be strange, as that has not been their strategy with big games in the past.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Pretty ominous really, despite consolidating their output onto one system, they've somehow botched the release schedule.

Meanwhile Retro aren't set to release a game until 2023, and nobody's even sure what 1UP or NST do any more.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
A lack of an announcement is not the same thing as an announcement that there is nothing.

It will be fine, I promise.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
They have two first-party releases this month. Y'all need to play some video games.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the next Direct delivers lots of great new announcements, I really don't care how long it takes to arrive.

I have around 50 unplayed Switch games, so I'm set for awhile.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's crazy to me that Animal Crossing is about to come out and we're in the same spot we were at the start of the year, with nothing on the books for 2020 past AC's release date. I still think we'll get a Direct next week, but if March comes and goes and there's no change in status, I'd have to seriously question what the hell they're doing.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
People still not reading the OP or even the full title.
The important bit is not "Direct", it's "release dates"...

Imagine they have an E3 Direct this year with the first ever gameplay of Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, the surprise of Super Mario Odyssey 2, MK8 Deluxe DLC and the reveal of a huge name Smash character. I don't know what Sony or MS could show to better that without showing games that won't be out for three+ years.
So what is releasing between Animal Crossing and E3?

edit:
They have two first-party releases this month. Y'all need to play some video games.
See above. And the OP.
If you have already played that Pokemon DS game, and don't like Animal Crossing, what is releasing in 2020?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty ominous really, despite consolidating their output onto one system, they've somehow botched the release schedule.

Meanwhile Retro aren't set to release a game until 2023, and nobody's even sure what 1UP or NST do any more.
1UP and NST are support studios at this point.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
So the Smash Direct, Animal Crossing Direct and Pokemon Direct that we had in 2020 doesn't count?
Why?

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Don't see the problem here. Just play Animal Crossing until you get news. You know they'll say something during E3 time and that's not exactly light years away.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Nintendo's release calendar has 7 months in it. July-December are normal and then there's Januarchune which is a 180 day month with room for one big title and maybe a rerelease or two.

This year's is Animal Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.