• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Release Date : January 15, 2013

Developer : Ninja Theory

SO SEVEN YEARS LATER....HOW YA FEELING ABOUT THIS ONE ?

Here's some videos for refrence for those who do not know of DmC : Devil May cry

SO SEVEN YEARS LATER....HOW YA FEELING ABOUT THIS ONE ?

3918692-5035642936-dmc-d.jpg

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Great game and was pretty glad to see that DMCV took heavy inspirations from it. Would love to see a sequel to it since the story ended in a cliff hanger. Still has the best level design and structure from the entire series.

Anyway, why use trailers that don't represent the final product in anyway? Dante(second trailer) doesn't even look like that in the final game.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great game and best art design by a mile in the series

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
The O/G was garbage. The DE was pretty decent, however.
I'll never like the character designs or much of the writing; but some of the weapons and most of the environments were pretty stellar.
That Faux News boss was some awesome meta-commentary, too.

And it'll never be worse than DMC2, so there's that.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best DMC games especially with the definitive edition plus the mods for PC back in the day before Capcom made the DE

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was okay.

Now that the mainline series is back I don't think about DmC much, negatively or positively.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Game is better than a lot of people give it credit for but also not as good as others claim.

DmC can be appreciated more now that there is no "it's either this or no DMC game" doomsday scenario. It serves as a perfectly fine spin off action game to the DMC series, not as a replacement. Quite some features in DmC made it into DMC5 so it was still very much a net positive that this game existed.

I am actually surprised it has been this long (7 years).

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
We got the real series back, it was a 10/10, Capcom is back, Vergil DLC any day now. Time has healed the wound well and truly, and now I can look back on DmC as... eh, fine. Not the end of the world. I didn't personally enjoy it much, but I'm glad others had fun with it.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Love this game so much, as much as I also loved Hellblade and it's sequel will be aces, I hope they make something similar to dmc for Series One.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best western developed action game of all time, not that that really means anything.

Average game.

Feb 12, 2019
DmC is totally fine. Removed from the context of people who are very into the deep combat mechanics of the main series, it's a solid "one playthrough and you're done" sort of game.

That said,
I'm not going to pretend for a second that I don't prefer the world where Keiji Inafune's doom and gloom about the Japanese games industry was proven critically wrong and this western-led reboot fell flat on its face.

Oct 27, 2017
The most interesting thing about this game is how many people were falling over themselves to not only put down original games but how this is absolutely the direction they need to go in.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
The second best Devil May Cry game.
Don't @ me if you are wrong and disagree

If the game didn't have the Devil May Cry brand on it, would've been received much differently

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
DmC reminds me a lot of RE6. Games that had a fun base for what they are but aren't what part of the community ever wanted. Thankfully time has healed some wounds where once there would be a lot of arguments on them (Mainly when people thought these would be the new direction of both series). Now things are more "they're fine for what they are even if I don't like them. Still wouldn't mind seeing as sequel just for the hell of it.

I'll never get over Twitter thinking this post was serious though
488719128740364329.png

I think it's really obvious that people really wanted DmC 2 instead of 5. So the hype just isn't gonna be all that strong as it could've been due to that.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Happy anniversary shit game

Call me when we celebrate the Definite Version

Don't know what the fuck Ninja Theory was thinking with color coded enemies, you want to use both angel and demon weapons?
Get fucked, gotta use slow ass Demon Axe/Fist because get fucked

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How do I feel about this game?

It was a huge mistake in every respect.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
more so than dante, I'll never understand how they managed vergil look so horrid
he so aggressively lacks any sharpness or style, like they were trying to make him seem egregiously uncool

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
Easier to tolerate ever since DMCV was released to critical acclaim. I'm happy for the small things it introduced that DMCV honours, such as the kill cam that signals the end of a fight. Or how 4SE Vergil represents the best playable incarnation of the character thanks in part to the addition of select DmC Vergil moves like Rising Star or Orbit (albeit with different properties)

When the Definitive Edition goes on sale, I'll give it a proper whirl, but beyond that, I'm more grateful that the original series is the one that survived.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Gotta laugh at people who actually hate this game for the writing, of all things.

As of now, there are exactly 2 DMC games with an actually passable story. 3, and 5.

Base was just "okay". DE is solid. My ranking for the DMC games goes:

3 > 5 > 1 >= DmC > 4 > 2

Last edited: