• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every game announced today is coming as part of your subscription. Not only from MS entire first party and second party studios, but from many third party developers too. Even as someone who believes the show was straight up dogshit, you have to hand it to MS on how they nailed gamepass as a service.

List of the games announced today

From the event (thanks to Gowans for the list)
  • Halo Infinite - Holiday 2020
  • State of Decay 3
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Everwild
  • Tell Me Why - 27th Aug
  • Grounded - 28th July
  • Avowed
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Hell blade 2
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Destiny 2 + Expansions
  • Stalker 2
  • Warhammer 40K Darktide - 2021
  • Tetris Effect Connected - Holiday 2020
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Fable

I think it's straight up steal if you managed to snag 3 years of gamepass with the $1 conversion from gold.

Last edited:

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is good yes. Even with the PC version not getting everything it's a no brainer for me.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
It's insane. The idea of being able to play all that is shown, even that stuff that I am just slightly interested in.. is insane.. By just keeping on paying what I already pay anyway.

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is a no contest. Game Pass is the best value thing moving into neg generation.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
So when project xcloud is rolled in to Gamepass in September, we won't need a console or a PC to play all these games? That sounds alright to me.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
It's really like Netflix, an amazing service that I wish had better content.

Now I am being a bit too hard on it. I love the service and it is an amazing value, but I often picture how good the service would be if MS had more of the amazing 1st party titles Sony puts out.

MS relies too much on their service and getting 3rd party timed exclusives than building their won thing. I know they said it is slowly changing but I sincerely thought we would see a lot more. I thought the Series X would launch with Halo and a new Forza, but it seems Forza is also early in development.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Not if you are on pc. Uninstalling games and the general fuckery is a NIGHTMARE. Once ms gets their windows store lined out it will be great on this end. Console though I would have to agree

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to make a thread about this. Even though the Show was a bit lackluster, I could not believe that I no longer have to count how much money I will be spending. It would be an insane amount of money that I can play with my current subscription. Blows my mind!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It's really like Netflix, an amazing service that I wish had better content.

Now I am being a bit too hard on it. I love the service and it is an amazing value, but I often picture how good the service would be if MS had more of the amazing 1st party titles Sony puts out.

MS relies too much on their service and getting 3rd party timed exclusives than building their won thing. I know they said it is slowly changing but I sincerely thought we would see a lot more. I thought the Series X would launch with Halo and a new Forza, but it seems Forza is also early in development.

What are you talking about? It has amazing content.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Yes.
I may not have been blown away by a lot of the showcase today, but that fact that most everything we saw will be included on GP ensures that I'm going to at least be checking all of it out. If GP wasn't around, I would never pay $60 to "try" most of these games, so this is a way to play stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. Best deal in gaming, and I really hope it's the future for the industry because the value is insane.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Yes.
gamepass is really cool!!
best value in gaming but some of this games looked so far away!!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even use it and I know it's an insane value. If I didn't like to own and mod my games, I would use it.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As a PC player myself, and even if it doesn't include everything, I must agree. The thought of playing most of these games for just a few bucks is insane.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing else is close. They're even hedging their bets by having competing games on Gamepass (Halo/Destiny).

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
This a agree with wholeheartedly. That is what I feel I got out of this showcase. I have my Xbox One X and my high end PC with game pass ultimate. i will feast on game pass for the foresee able future especially if Xcloud is coming along for the ride.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Everything announced today is on Gamepass. That's just crazy. Sony's first-party studios and first-party games are their competitive advantage. Microsoft's Gamepass offerings is its competitive advantage. There's a clear advantage to owning either console. And it's not as though Gamepass is lacking big titles when it has several of them like Gears 5, Red Dead 2, Ace Combat 7, DMC 5, Yakuza 0, A Plague Tale, Hollow Knight, Senua, Witcher 3, Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds, and a bunch of others I've left off.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I worry that a lot of what we saw today isn't going to come to PC. I really hope they don't treat PC as a second class citizen with the next gen stuff.

That said, my big worry is that a lot of these titles are probably things I wouldn't otherwise play, but for the fact that they'll come with the sub. That's positive for game diversity, but frankly I feel like I'll be skipping many of these.

The business model works for me though, so I hope high quality content keeps getting added.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what i remember (non MS first party):
- Dragon Quest S
- Stalker 2
- Destiny

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Nah it already was. I don't even own an Xbox atm and I think it's an incredible deal. I can't imagine how great it'll be when Xbox game studios really kicks into gear mid gen.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
It'll show its value even more with the launch of the new consoles, as I'm really looking forward to buying just a new console (Xbox Series X in this case) and not having to buy anything else to sample the new games.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I fucking love GamePass. I'm skeptical of how they'll actually make money on giving $500 worth of games a year to me for $100 (well, really, $1 for 3 years until 2022) but God damn am I going to take advantage of it. It's saved me so much money

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah it's pretty crazy, first almost all of those games are coming to PC which is great for me, then they're on game pass which is just fucking amazing.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree, but as someone who would have to buy into the ecosystem (with either a PC or Xbox) - nothing that was shown today really convinced me to buy into that ecosystem to take advantage of Game Pass, unfortunately.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah for real. We can all decide if these games are good or not by actually playing them. It's great.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Gamepass is great. And honestly Gamepass gets me more excited for titles I usually wouldn't have interest in because it's at no extra cost to try them when they release.