• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
So I'm legitimately curious why people online view like some sort legend or something. Guys like Kojima have earned their status with amazingly designed games and decades of knowledge but Todd isn't the greatest in any regard. Why do you like Todd so much and would you ever play a modern TES not directed by him.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm legitimately curious why people online view like some sort legend or something. Guys like Kojima have earned their status with amazingly designed games and decades of knowledge but Todd isn't the greatest in any regard. Why do you like Todd so much and would you ever play a modern TES not directed by him.
Dude, it's a joke, no need to make a thread.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, what is this thread?

Todd makes loads of games that are beloved by more people than most other designers' games. That's why he is respected. It's the constant downplaying of him that really amuses me.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Step out of your own bubble and see how TES games changed and influenced the open world rpg genre. How popular these games are and how critically acclaimed they are. No one makes that particular breed of open world like them. No matter people biases you can see the current gaming landscape and how those games influenced it

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think people see him as a "legend" considering the main joke made about him is that he's a liar.

Deleted member 11926

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to downplay what Todd Howard did but I am just sad that hardly anyone knows who Ken Rolston is...

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
todd-howard-2-mins-one-like-and-il-release-skyrim-for-android-i-like-u-comment-share-todd-howard-todd-howard-say-no-more-like-reply-2-mins-write-a-comment-9-STiX8.jpg

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Todd Howard is deeply involved in two of the industry's most revered franchises, one of which (The Elder Scrolls) has made a permanent mark on the medium and has helped influence the direction of the industry at large.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
He made great games. Stop trying to diminish a person accomplishments due to your gaming preferences.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Like it or not, Fallout 4 was a phenomenon of hype and he was right there on stage to kickstart it.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I like his enthusiasm, it's infectious. Just because he's enthusiastic towards poorly designed games doesn't bother me. Lots of people are, and you can tell he's wholly sincere about it, unlike for example Randy Pitchford.

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether you personally like Fallout 4 or Skyrim its incredibly disingenous to suggest Howard hasnt played a big role in some of the most critically and commercially successful games of the past decade

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
All the mainline mgs game innovate in some regard and suprise in other cant say about any games Todd has worked on, if anything his games have regressed.

MGS V innovates the bad japanese open world game design with fetch quest, 150 of them Lol

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like his enthusiasm, it's infectious. Just because he's enthusiastic towards poorly designed games doesn't bother me. Lots of people are, and you can tell he's wholly sincere about it, unlike for example Randy Pitchford.
The thing is, those games are not poorly designed, they're extremely well designed in terms of what they are meant to be

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He made The Elder Scrolls, which is one of my favorite franchises of all time. He deserves his props.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Morrowind and Skyrim are transcending in gaming. There is no equal modding community to Skyrim. NOTHING compares to what they created. Bethesda games are uneven but their modding tools are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.