• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Saw this on reddit and couldn't find anything about it here.

11 minute long youtube video about how Todd Rogers held 1700+ of records at Twin Galaxies. Had a friend who was a referee (now in jail for terrible unrelated things) and entered his scores with no evidence. Some of the scores were impossible to even achieve. For some reason people are still defending this guy against, what seems to me, overwhelming evidence that he has faked most, if not all, of his records.

Oct 27, 2017
This saga is something else.

Somebody please link the twin galaxies dragster thread on this. It's fuckin incredible. King of Kong isnt anything compared to howbmuch they're guarding this guy

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
This guy is a complete joke. People have proven with a TAS (Tool assisted speedruns) that the Dragster time he supposedly achieved is not possible as not even the TAS with frame perfect inputs couldn't get it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is an intriguing topic to me, but truth be told I've never heard this guy's name before.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
This guy is a complete joke. People have proven with a TAS (Tool assisted speedruns) that the Dragster time he supposedly achieved is not possible as not even the TAS with frame perfect inputs couldn't get it.

It goes a step further because I believe that time was also proven impossible by breaking down the games code.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The Todd Rogers saga is amazing, but I don't want to support the creator of the video who is transphobic and complains that AGDQ is getting worse, and the people who he's defending were banned for stuff like saying the N word on stream.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
It goes a step further because I believe that time was also proven impossible by breaking down the games code.

That was the next step, yes. And even then Twin Galaxies tried to brush it off.

They didn't accept the TAS and they didn't accept the break down of the code which both showed that such a time is not achievable.
The reason why they rejected these proofs is still one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. They said a TAS or a computer lacks "The Human Element". They say a computer can never achieve what a human can which is bullshit and is actually the opposite since a human can't play games frame perfectly while the TAS can.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Geeze, the amount the guys' supposed scores outpace the competition is completely insane, how could that not raise a ton of eyebrows over the years?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance this guy has been to the Video Game Kumite with thousands of competitors in a single elimination bracket tourney?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The Todd Rogers saga is amazing, but I don't want to support the creator of the video who is transphobic and complains that AGDQ is getting worse, and the people who he's defending were banned for stuff like saying the N word on stream.

You're referring to this Apollo Legend bloke? I don't follow a lot of YouTube people, and I can't listen to the video at the moment. Is that also in this video?

I vaguely recall hearing of Todd Rogers. Twin Galaxies feels like its own little world with its own weird dramas and characters. Kind of like message boards, really.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the upside, he set records for pumpkin eating and for longest time spent with his pants on fire.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
You're referring to this Apollo Legend bloke? I don't follow a lot of YouTube people, and I can't listen to the video at the moment. Is that also in this video?

I vaguely recall hearing of Todd Rogers. Twin Galaxies feels like its own little world with its own weird dramas and characters. Kind of like message boards, really.

Yeah that's apollo legend. There's none of that in this video.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of this guy before but if he's a cheater, than I hate him. .......If he's legit then I'm jealous and therefor also hate him. Hate either way.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How has TG operated since their conception? Is just a group of friends that tries to beat records or what? Why the have so much legitimacy?
Do they still have an arcade?

Oct 25, 2017
The Todd Rogers thread on TG was like the video game/speedrun equivalent of War and Peace. Too bad they did something to it yesterday so you can't view it anymore.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And btw, is he wearing an Empire Arcadia t-shirt? that shows how shady he must be

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
The Todd Rogers thread on TG was like the video game/speedrun equivalent of War and Peace. Too bad they did something to it yesterday so you can't view it anymore.
They restored the thread, and claimed it was a mistake in the settings which I find hard to believe considering it happened during a time where they were deleting posts in the thread.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It's complete unnaceptable that this guy isn't permabanned on TG considering all his records can be factually proved to be fake.

Like there's stuff like he getting an arbitrary number of points in a game where the points always end in 5 or 0. It's completely shameless and obvious.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see a documentary on this dude.

What kind of person wants to have fake records attached to their names?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Dragster pretty much entirely deterministic, with a single game lasting about ten seconds? In which case it ought to be possible to explore the full range of possible outcomes programatically. You could do that without reverse-engineering the code, just by using genuine hardware and manipulating the inputs.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Isn't Dragster pretty much entirely deterministic, with a single game lasting about ten seconds? In which case it ought to be possible to explore the full range of possible outcomes programatically. You could do that without reverse-engineering the code, just by using genuine hardware and manipulating the inputs.
Yes it is.

Which is why it was.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That is a crazy story. His "scores" are insane. 65,000,000 in Centipede while 2nd place is 58,000. 15,000,000 in Donkey Kong Junior while 2nd place is 390,000. Just, what the fuck!? Be subtle mother fucker.

Seriously, fuck TG for allowing this shit to stand. Total joke.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this last night and I am just amazed at the lengths people will go to lie about achievements in video games. TG lost relevancy a long time ago and for good reason...it's so unbelievable that a picture with a coffee stain over the time was accepted (among other things).

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to make this thread yesterday but I am a Junior lol. I thought this was a really interesting video that further shows TG is not up to snuff unfortunately.

Akari

Oct 25, 2017
The fall of this phony is extremely entertaining to watch, my respects to the folks spearheading this.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
What I like is how over the top his claimed records are. They're like what kids would come up on the playground to try to impress their friends. But even back then those friends knew to call BS on that shit while you've got adults here actively protecting records that they know are bullshit because no one can come even remotely close to getting anywhere near them.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Wow. That is a crazy story. His "scores" are insane. 65,000,000 in Centipede while 2nd place is 58,000. 15,000,000 in Donkey Kong Junior while 2nd place is 390,000. Just, what the fuck!? Be subtle mother fucker.

Seriously, fuck TG for allowing this shit to stand. Total joke.

mlydUj8_d.jpg

"You know a D turns into a B so easily. You just got greedy."

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I met this guy about a decade+ ago and interviewed him for a hobby site my friend and I ran. We both walked away shaking our heads and laughing. To say the least, he's a peculiar guy.