• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There are scans showing Kamen Rider Shinobi and Quiz, and both suits actually look great in spite of being kitbashes of Ghost and Ex-Aid parts.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shinobi is played by Star Ninninger. Neat.

Also he's 2020's Kamen Rider...wonder if they'll really give us a ninja that year lol.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
Shinobi is played by Star Ninninger. Neat.

Also he's 2020's Kamen Rider...wonder if they'll really give us a ninja that year lol.

god...what I'm assuming is part of his henshin pose that I saw on wiki is freaking dope.
also wonder if they'll bring back anotherToku actor for Quiz and Kikai (please be Kouhei Takeda for Kikai)

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these Ryusoger pics look like they're taken on the old Kyoryuger base set.
That set was struck the moment Kyoryuger wrapped.

Really excited for Ryuusouger, I like what I'm seeing a lot. The only disappointing thing is no yellow ranger, it throws the color balance of a bit for me. If green had been another shade like ToQ4 it might work better, right now there's no real light ranger, but that's really a minor problem.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
That set was struck the moment Kyoryuger wrapped.

Of course, but they build something remarkably similar for Kyoryu Brave, and the background of this shot evokes a similar aesthetic.

The roll call seems like a grab bag, but that's nothing new for Sentai.
*Ryuso Red is the mightiest warrior who possesses the strongest KishiRyu- his Tyrannosaurus, nicknamed Tyramigo.
*Ryuso Pink has remarkable senses and can see through situations with ease.
*Ryuso Blue is the most intelligent member of the team, a dedicated swordsman.
*Ryuso Green is the youngest teammate, a speedy fighter who hates to lose.
*Ryuso Black is the teams' heavy-hitter, who does all he can to protect the others.

Could work, still need to see the cast and production team, but the Kyoryuger 2.0 feel is still strong. With a little Ranger Key action from Gokaiger for a mix.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow didn't expect Kamen Rider Woz to
not actually be Woz.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow didn't expect Kamen Rider Woz (SPOILER)
I had already seen a spoiler from an interview with Woz's actor, but I didn't expect
both Woz to exist at the same time. I thought he'd replace the one we've seen up to now rather than both existing at the same time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My brother, his friend, and I watched the first five eps of Garo from the English Blueray and they had a good time.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So, since the .5 wasn't subbed last week, I'm putting Zi-O on hold for now, I guess. Hope the delay is just because of the holidays and not something more urgent - those guys deserve some rest too.

LuPat 45

Fun and weird christmas episode. Love it. I wonder how much KFC paid for this episode. That mecha finisher was incredible.

And the plot progressed, too! Cool to see Keichiro and Tsukasa doing some detective work. Next episode, finally, will be it? Will the police finally find out the thieves identity? Hope so, it's about time.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
LuPat 45

I like they add a little bit of a serious moment on Keiichiro side in the begining and at the end in this episode.

also lol noel go french to buy cake and chicken by his train.

and I'm certain 100% that Zamigo&Kogure setup people mass disappear for Lupins vs Ganglers for collecting Lupin Collection.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The staff for Ryusouger is confirmed...

https://www.toei.co.jp/release/tv/1213918_963.html

The Toei producers are Shinya Maruyama (Kabutack, Robotack, Sailor Moon) and Kazuhiro Takahashi (Kamen Rider Ghost).

Writer is Junpei Yamaoka, who has mostly worked on dramas. The main director is Kazuya Kamihoriuchi, who has a very distinct visual style for his shots - he became known by the Western fandom due to several Build episodes and recently directed the Gaim arc for Zi-O. Personally, I'm kind of disappointed he'll be stuck with Sentai for a while, since unless this new staff brings about a great style change for the writing I don't think he'd have much to add to Sentai's usual episodic hijincks.

Also, regarding Zi-O, there's a leaked locating shooting of what looks like Zi-O 2's debut, facing
something that looks like Another Ultimate Kuuga.
w21egQU.jpg

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Kamihoriouchi's episodes are when we got all those cool shots on HawkGatling and RabbitTank Hazard, IIRC?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Whoops, wrong thread. Well since I posted here those suits are nice, kinda reminds me of SPD with the black middle part to signify their dinosaur. But the mecha feels too much like Kyuryuger.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the acting in this week's Zi-O, especially when Sougo and Geiz were in that drain.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently... dance henshin will be back, according to a scan translation? We full on Kyoryu again.

I think the drama writer will lead to a little more character interplay and conflict though.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
And finally...

Zi-O 15

Making him confront himself in the future is such a good premise... I wonder if he'll be the final boss, feels like it. He probably has to give up the belt to become Oma Zi-O, since that's what he wanted, lol.

Also, nice, finally some backstory for his dream of being a king! I wonder if it was Oma Zi-O himself that entered his dream in the past, or someone unknown. Also, I wonder if they are hiding Oma Zi-O's face for some reason, or if they just didn't want to/couldn't find someone similar to Sougo but older.

Also, Tsukuyomi did something! Little, but something.

Zi-O 15.5

...I would totally watch those alternative series. And they didn't even make a suit for Tsukuyomi, lol.

They are even joked about the actors payments and working conditions, lol

I hope this week's .5 episode isn't really the best. In some arcs, the episodes are worth watching just so I can understand better the .5 episode, lol.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
So there is going to be a new Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden, again focused on Zangetsu/Takatora, but only as a stage play, supervised by Urobuchi. Hopefuly at some point Toei just records these new stage plays on video.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupat

After EP 35,44 People Think Kogure is just good guy with some shady and nothing to do with Zamigo.
But come on Zamigo let Kairi,Touma and Umika alive and Kogure comeout offer them become lupinranger right after that.

at end EP.34 Look like Kogure keep an eye on them sometimes before that.

iEyvmxrl.jpg

Noel didn't want Lupins tell anything about Zamigo when Kogure around in EP.39 (Noel also said he on "Lupins" Sides)
I guess Noel Aware something about Kogure
niyTUiHl.jpg

Also in OP.

xetlW8Nl.jpg

mi4jbY6l.jpg

ZIf27uEl.jpg

5cEnTgAl.jpg

So there is going to be a new Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden, again focused on Zangetsu/Takatora, but only as a stage play, supervised by Urobuchi. Hopefuly at some point Toei just records these new stage plays on video.
Didn't stage plays get release DVD/Bluray later ?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
this arc been kinda bad in zi-0, but i'm really enjoying geiz getting his assed kicked by Decade pretty much every eps the last few weeks.

I wonder if tsukasa will come back soon? Still waiting for some final form rides of recent riders...

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I do quite enjoy Geiz getting his ass handed by Tsukasa every week, kind of endearing...because Sougo is still boring, though credit to them FINALLY trying to explain why he wants to be king.

Oct 25, 2017
will they ever make sougo interesting? Or at least idk, read up on politics and monarchies and what not if he seriously wants to be a political leader?

Not sure why its a running bit with this show of sougo not wanting to go to school or take entrance exams.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy New Woz.

So, what happens if the Japanese Emperor doesn't abdicate his throne in 2019? Does the Heisei era just continue and like, Kamen Rider just has to go "oh well, here's Heisei Generations Final Final".

And do we not know the name of the next period till it happens?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
will they ever make sougo interesting? Or at least idk, read up on politics and monarchies and what not if he seriously wants to be a political leader?

Personally, I think he's already good enough. His manipulating Geiz and subtle arrogance since the Wizard arc (even in the newest episode when he talked about how he had to destroy the belt since there was no way Geiz was beating him) help him avoid Takeru's fate where during most of his show he just felt like he was supposed to be the "normal" one, almost like a mute main character in a game.

As far as reading up on politics and historical figures, mentioning a known historical figure to the Japanese like Nobunaga is about what I expected them to do.

Oct 25, 2017

New PR exclusive suit for beast morpher. At least its not just megazord stuff now. Looks a little cheap, but seems flexible enough for some decent fight choreography.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Over the holiday break, I watch my first Toku show ever (outside of MMPR). I had a friend who was begging me to watch Toku stuff for like 7 years and after all the Kamen Rider that's been on my TL lately, I decided to give Kamen Rider Fourze a chance. I adored it. I loved every single second of it and Kisaragi Gentarou is probably one of my favorite protagonists ever. I binged it all in 4 days, which is pretty insane for me since I usually take forever to get through anything.

I'm all in on Kamen Rider now and am having a crisis over what to watch next. I downloaded Ex-Aid last night, but I'm torn between that, W, OOO, and Build...

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Over the holiday break, I watch my first Toku show ever (outside of MMPR). I had a friend who was begging me to watch Toku stuff for like 7 years and after all the Kamen Rider that's been on my TL lately, I decided to give Kamen Rider Fourze a chance. I adored it. I loved every single second of it and Kisaragi Gentarou is probably one of my favorite protagonists ever. I binged it all in 4 days, which is pretty insane for me since I usually take forever to get through anything.

I'm all in on Kamen Rider now and am having a crisis over what to watch next. I downloaded Ex-Aid last night, but I'm torn between that, W, OOO, and Build...

Fourze is my absolute favorite, W is my wife's. W is a straight classic and will probably be the closest tonally to Fourze.

Ex-Aid and Build are both very solid choices as well but are structurally very different from Fourze and get a lot more grim (never overly so, mind). Build is probably the better of the two but both are worth watching.

OOO is good, with a fun cast and a fantastic soundtrack, but its plot completely falls apart by the last third. It's worth watching but be prepared for it to get messy and not resolve satisfactorily.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Fourze is my absolute favorite, W is my wife's. W is a straight classic and will probably be the closest tonally to Fourze.

Ex-Aid and Build are both very solid choices as well but are structurally very different from Fourze and get a lot more grim (never overly so, mind). Build is probably the better of the two but both are worth watching.

OOO is good, with a fun cast and a fantastic soundtrack, but its plot completely falls apart by the last third. It's worth watching but be prepared for it to get messy and not resolve satisfactorily.

Thanks for the insight! This makes W sound really appealing. I know it's naive to think that nothing will top Fourze for me when I literally haven't seen any other Kamen Rider media, but I honestly adored it so much I feel like it's gonna be really hard to beat. I guess I can't really go wrong with most of these... I already have Ex-Aid downloaded so maybe I'll just start that. W will be the next on the list. :) Thanks!

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Do you guys have your own list of favorite episodes of toku of each series? Episodes that you re-watch even after you have finished watching the complete series. For example, I know everyone loved Build's 21. Which episodes are your favorites, and why?

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Do you guys have your own list of favorite episodes of toku of each series? Episodes that you re-watch even after you have finished watching the complete series. For example, I know everyone loved Build's 21. Which episodes are your favorites, and why?

Drive

Who Will You Entrust The Future to My Friend
Why Must They Fight?-
When Kyu Saijo Become a Roidmude? -
Where is Chase Headed?
What Happened in the Belt's Past?
The Judge Roidmude arc
Who Claimed Eisuke Tomari's Life?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I sometimes rewatch the crossover movies to "follow" Riders who are in the background during big group scenes. Sometimes there are some funny details like OOO just getting beaten up by Demushu during Kamen Rider 3's final battle (aside from one bit where he teams up with Ryuki against him).

OOO and especially W have very similar story structures and even some plot beats to Fourze, which might be a positive or negative point depending on what you're looking for.

Ex-Aid and Build have a much bigger focus on a running story, with monsters of the week quickly sidelined after the first 10 episodes, and most of the focus and screentime going to recurring villains and heroes, but both shows kind of suffer from basically starting the battle against the final villain in the 30s and then the story meandering to last up until the 40s.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Drive

Who Will You Entrust The Future to My Friend
Why Must They Fight?-
When Kyu Saijo Become a Roidmude? -
Where is Chase Headed?
What Happened in the Belt's Past?
The Judge Roidmude arc
Who Claimed Eisuke Tomari's Life?

Wow, yeah those are good episodes. I remember giving up on Drive after about 5 episodes, then tried again and finished it as it was airing. It got so much better in certain aspects, and worse on others (Kiriko :-/ ), but can't deny it lands the ending. "When Kyu Saijo Become a Roidmude?" was the first episode of Drive I tought was genuinely good.

I sometimes rewatch the crossover movies to "follow" Riders who are in the background during big group scenes. Sometimes there are some funny details like OOO just getting beaten up by Demushu during Kamen Rider 3's final battle (aside from one bit where he teams up with Ryuki against him).

Yeah, I do that too. Once I have seen a series, I would rewatch those movies with the added context, or try to find them in the background if their actors did not return. For example, after finishing Faiz I re-watched Kamen Rider 4, and after Blade, Kamen Rider GP. Movies tend to be pretty bad in my opinion, but still worth to check out to notice those details.

Status
Not open for further replies.