• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Still feeling very curious to see where they are going with the next Super Sentai season.

Right now, I'm all caught up with Kyuranger, but have watched only like 2 episodes of Build. Gotta get on that!

Also, it's sure been a while since I posted in a Toku thread... even though I watched all of Zyuohger.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Still feeling very curious to see where they are going with the next Super Sentai season.

Right now, I'm all caught up with Kyuranger, but have watched only like 2 episodes of Build. Gotta get on that!

Also, it's sure been a while since I posted in a Toku thread... even though I watched all of Zyuohger.
Given the trademarks, it sounds like a Hurricanger/Go-busters style split team of cops and robbers. I would've said 3vs2 or 3v3 before now, but given Kyuranger, I could potentially see a full 5v5 or something similar.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Has this season seen an uptick in the sentai action figure merch, or has the buttload of rangers also corresponded to a buttload of mechs/henshin devices/etc

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
S.H. Figuarts Hell Ambassador announced.

E52JKm4.jpg

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i still love watching new ultraman shows. Like... something about all those sets filmed in HD makes me feel alive.

I do hope toei does a godzilla movie in this style again someday...
Correction: Toho Co Ltd. owns Godzilla. I doubt Toho will use big miniature sets and suits for Godzilla films anytime soon, considering how good Shin Godzilla's (rushed) CGI looked in comparison to their past genre films made just over 10 years ago. It'd be a shame, as the directors behind Shin worked on Giant God Warrior Appears Over Tokyo, a short which used practical effects for nearly every effect and it looks gorgeous.

Anyways, what are some good Ultra shows to watch? I've seen the first proper Ultraman show but honestly it's not very good and I was wondering if there was something a lot better.

Midonin

Oct 25, 2017
The most recent episode of Build was such a delight. The way Sento said "Best Match!" at the same time as the belt is a wonderful little character moment.

Good to be back and running on a few board.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Though I was more of a lurker than an active participant in the old TokuGAF, it's great to see recognisable names and avatars here.

It's currently almost 2am here in the UK, so to start putting any episode on is out of the question, but I'm hoping to check out the initial episodes of Build after a short post-Ex Aid hiatus from Toku. I've been hearing plentiful positive impressions from others, mainly to do with how natural the comedy feels, how character dynamics play out, how the story is progressing and how ambitious the premise is.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I also used to lurk TokuGAF but with the move to resetera I feel like its time to actually start posting in here. I've really only watched Kamen Rider stuff, but I'll probably start checking out some other toku series once I'm done with Heisei era Kamen Rider.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Gimmie time and I'll make us a banner just like before :)
Glad we're all back.
BTW in case you missed it you can EMBED VIDEO NOW.

[m.e.dia=youtube] insert the googly poop at the end of a youtube url after watch v= [/m.e.dia]
Just type media instead of m.e.dia when you do it okay ;)
Here's the results

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have access to the OP for the third Power Rangers Twitch thread? Wanna copy that just in case they do another marathon next year.

Midonin

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the Twitch marathon. That was great. So many peoples' reactions to seeing RPM for the first time...

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Wish I would have noticed this sooner before trying to make my own.

Still, long time Toku fan since the days of Black and Black RX. Currently loving Build and Amazons. Can't wait for more Godzilla.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Ultraman Geed is uploaded on official Youtube but no eng subs unfortunately. I hope we have a Gundam.info like channel where they upload official streams.

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
Not while Saban has his death stranglehold on it. Sure. We will have stuff like Godzilla and the Monster stuff because those are iconic and make tons of money but Transforming/Metal Heroes....

If it even looks remotely like PR in the west, Saban is going to want his cut.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Not while Saban has his death stranglehold on it. Sure. We will have stuff like Godzilla and the Monster stuff because those are iconic and make tons of money but Transforming/Metal Heroes....

If it even looks remotely like PR in the west, Saban is going to want his cut.
If it even looks remotely like PR, it won't succeed because everyone will assume it's PR.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Hey TokuEra, semi-casual Kamen Rider fan passing through.

Been on hiatus from the franchise since the end of Wizard, but was brought back by Build because the suit really appealed to me, as well as the buzz around him being the final Heisei Rider. I also started Gaim a couple of days ago to make the wait between Build episodes less agonising, and I'm really enjoying it too.

A friend has ordered a Build Driver for me as a belated birthday present, but now I'm already itching for a Sengoku Driver too after a couple of episodes of Gaim.

Ravenroth

Oct 25, 2017
Hello there. Newbie toku fan here.

A friend pushed me to watch OOO and Ex-Aid recently and I got immediately hooked, so...here I am. Nice to be around!

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
Hello there. Newbie toku fan here.

A friend pushed me to watch OOO and Ex-Aid recently and I got immediately hooked, so...here I am. Nice to be around!

Hey TokuEra, semi-casual Kamen Rider fan passing through.

Been on hiatus from the franchise since the end of Wizard, but was brought back by Build because the suit really appealed to me, as well as the buzz around him being the final Heisei Rider. I also started Gaim a couple of days ago to make the wait between Build episodes less agonising, and I'm really enjoying it too.

A friend has ordered a Build Driver for me as a belated birthday present, but now I'm already itching for a Sengoku Driver too after a couple of episodes of Gaim.

Glad to have you both. For new people to Toku, I always recommend to watch Kamen Rider W and Drive because I personally find them to be the most enjoyable out of the Neo-Heisei Era. Maybe Fourze if you are feeling adventurous. If you want something a bit more mature, GARO and Amazons are excellent picks.

Build is on another level though. At least for right now. I hope they don't drop the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.