• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Glad to have you both. For new people to Toku, I always recommend to watch Kamen Rider W and Drive because I personally find them to be the most enjoyable out of the Neo-Heisei Era. Maybe Fourze if you are feeling adventurous. If you want something a bit more mature, GARO and Amazons are excellent picks.

Build is on another level though. At least for right now. I hope they don't drop the ball.

For Neo-Heisei, I've actually watched W through to Wizard. Of the lot, I actually found OOO to be my favourite with W coming in at an extremely close second. So as you can imagine, Generations FINAL has me hyperventilating with the Ankh bomb dropping in out of nowhere.

And I agree that Build has been absolutely amazing in every aspect so far.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
Eiji, Ankh, and Gentaro coming back is awesome but part of me still really wishes we were getting Shotaro and Shinnosuke back. I want to see those two interact so bad.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

Been on a bit of a break with toku since getting burned out halfway through Ghost. I've heard good things about Ex-aid from a friend but wanted to wait until the show was finished, so I'll probably check it out eventually.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I FINALLY got around to finishing Ex-Aid. I was sick all week so o picked it back up after leaving off on episode 18.
I have to say, I hate people like Genm, until his
revival from being killed
then he quickly turned into my favorite character.
What can I say, just seeing this for the first time opened my heart

4f4.gif

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Are toku fights sped up? Sometimes I watch Legends and Flash and it feels like the punches, kicks, and just attacks they throw have so much weight that they're slow-looking. I guess they probably do that intentionally but it just looks weird. Plus some of the Ninja Steel fights do look sped up.

Sonata

Oct 25, 2017
Pipopa hello~

I FINALLY got around to finishing Ex-Aid. I was sick all week so o picked it back up after leaving off on episode 18.

YES YES YES. Great character development.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

4f4.gif
My Favorite character in Ex Aid.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

4f4.gif

Oh yeah, Dan started as an whatever, ok character, and halfway through the series he became one of the best toku characters in years.

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hi. Returning Toku fan here. Last show I've finished is Gaim since The Butcher write that one. What a wild ride that one was. Haven't really catching up with the other series other that one. What's the good one?

Been enjoying the hell out of KR Build. Props to the staff keeping the humor low-key and not linger for too long. Seems like it will be another ride. What a way to cap off the Heisei Era.

I'll be hanging around here for a while. Pleased to meet you guys.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hi. Returning Toku fan here. Last show I've finished is Gaim since The Butcher write that one. What a wild ride that one was. Haven't really catching up with the other series other that one. What's the good one?

Been enjoying the hell out of KR Build. Props to the staff keeping the humor low-key and not linger for too long. Seems like it will be another ride. What a way to cap off the Heisei Era.

I'll be hanging around here for a while. Pleased to meet you guys.
Since Gaim? Drive is good. Ghost is bad. Ex-Aid is great.

Before that, W and Fourze are very good. Kabuto is good too, and has lots of fans. I like Kiva, but understand why it's not as popular.

Anyone here watch Kamen Rider Amazon? I wonder if any news about season 3 or a Movie?

No news right now. I think the earliest we'll hear anything about it is early next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Kuroto's certainly a memorable character and a large part of why Ex-Aid is so entertaining, but I dunno, at the same time I wish they hadn't gone so overboard as to turn him into a cartoon caricature. I think I prefer the Dan Kuroto of the first half of the show where he's demonstrably an egotistical blowhard with too high an opinion of his own genius, able to change his persona when needed to lure Emu in and make him dance on palm of his hand, before twisting the knife in with the betrayals.

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Since Gaim? Drive is good. Ghost is bad. Ex-Aid is great.

Before that, W and Fourze are very good. Kabuto is good too, and has lots of fans. I like Kiva, but understand why it's not as popular.

Thanks! I appreciate the pointer.
The design of Ex-aid crew is rather eh, but I heard lots of good thing about it. I'll check it out. Will report back as I watch them.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thanks! I appreciate the pointer.
The design of Ex-aid crew is rather eh, but I heard lots of good thing about it. I'll check it out. Will report back as I watch them.

Yep, Ex-Aid is still part of the suit quality being opposite to the series quality curse.

Build looks like breaks this curse, unless they somehow make a mess with it later.

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with build is honestly the pace lol. Feels like the show could feel like it's done by eps 20s but gotta drag!

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
In the latest Kyuranger, during the giant battle, was the "green sky" just a regular green screen that wasn't keyed in? It looked like that.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I have barely any time for toku at the moment due to work but still plan to start Goggle V over the weekend,

Sonata

Oct 25, 2017

Yay! Poppy is my new favorite female character. <3 Previous was Minato from Gaim. I have the peach lockseed. Really wish I could buy Tokimeki Crisis gashat.

Yep, Ex-Aid is still part of the suit quality being opposite to the series quality curse.

Build looks like breaks this curse, unless they somehow make a mess with it later.

Meh, I really like Ex-aid's color palette and design. It's cheerful, I think it fits well.

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
I do admit this much. The Ex-Aid suit grew on me. I hated that design when I first saw it in action but after I saw other designs in the same style, I got over it.

Cronus and Dangerous Zombie are pretty awesome remixes of the Ex-Aid suit.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Poppy is my new favorite female character. <3 Previous was Minato from Gaim. I have the peach lockseed. Really wish I could buy Tokimeki Crisis gashat.

Man, I wish we had more options. Also think Nico should have had more to do.

Meh, I really like Ex-aid's color palette and design. It's cheerful, I think it fits well.

I was a sicko who was on board with Ex-Aid's aesthetics since day one. Best suit in the show was Perfect Knock-Out though

Sonata

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish we had more options. Also think Nico should have had more to do.

I was a sicko who was on board with Ex-Aid's aesthetics since day one. Best suit in the show was Perfect Knock-Out though

I didn't like Nico very much at the beginning but she grew on me. Another great character. And yes, Perfect Knock-Out is so... wow!

Love your avatar, btw. UCHUUU KITTAAAAAA~ \o/

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Nico very much at the beginning but she grew on me. Another great character. And yes, Perfect Knock-Out is so... wow!

Love your avatar, btw. UCHUUU KITTAAAAAA~ \o/

Thanks, I stole it in a blind panic when I got approved here. Did you watch W? I really liked Akiko in that (I'm the one!) so I never had a problem with Nico.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I like the palettes, it's the helmets and, in special, the eyes I'm not a fan of.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey old lurker here. I need to be caught up on Build and Im really impressed on the suit. Bit more messy with the colors than I like but looks amazing still

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Hey old lurker here. I need to be caught up on Build and Im really impressed on the suit. Bit more messy with the colors than I like but looks amazing still
The black body suit plays a huge part in balancing the overall suit by breaking up the colours and making them into accents instead, kinda like with OOO. Things probably would've looked a bit boring if they went the W route and had completely monotone halves.

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the second episode of Build and to be quite frank, I didn't like it. Largely because we've just done this secondary-rider(presumably)-and-tragic-girlfriend-story before with Hiiro. Then there's the fact that this whole story takes up the space of less than a single episode in the second episode out of forty-odd and besides Ryuga's actor doing his best to sell his character's anguish at it all, it didn't leave any impression on me or draw out any emotional reaction. I'm really curious to know if Build's later episodes will even mention this story again or expound on it, because it's so rushed and so early.

Other than that, there's a lot to like with what I've seen so far, the CG mess notwithstanding. Most of all, I like the dynamic of Sento and Ryuga. It's natural and honestly, very genuinely entertaining. I'm glad that there's not one designated comic relief character to gurn at the screen at every opportunity. I know characters like Onari in Ghost were popular, and (Shin) Dan Kuroto has his fans, but I just couldn't bring myself to tolerate them very much.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I think (Shin) Dan is a bit more than just comic relief but I love chaotic neutral characters so I may not be the best judge

Also, while still not having watched Build 08, the pace of the show is really snappy and that is a plus. It's answered questions other seasons would have drawn out while still keeping central mysteries going. Dunno if it can keep it up but I like the balance.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Episode 2 of Build is probably the weakest of the lot so far. Even I got a bit worried at how fast they blazed through the story when it aired. It's something that would've been better paced by spreading it out over two episodes.

However, like Dirk said, the rest of the series has been extremely strong in its pacing and storytelling.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about watching new series is the hit your wallet gets because of the merch. >.>

Shinkenger is killing meeeeeeeeeee.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about watching new series is the hit your wallet gets because of the merch. >.>

Shinkenger is killing meeeeeeeeeee.
The only Japanese toku things I've bought are th wizard driver from some toy store in Nashville (paid $8 for it lol) and the complete selection Kaixa driver. Can't wait for that one to come in.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Drive Driver, Bugvisor+belt, and a couple of gashats.
The only Japanese toku things I've bought are th wizard driver from some toy store in Nashville (paid $8 for it lol) and the complete selection Kaixa driver. Can't wait for that one to come in.
Damn, I'm jealous. I wanted that CSM Kaixa Driver so bad.

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Build 08. I would like to say I know where they are going with Sento and Blood Stark remains to be a loveable bastard whenever he is on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.