• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Blade Zi-O armor looks amazing!

Too bad it's probably not gonna be in the show, just a toy

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to catch up with Zi-O and I won't lie, it's been a struggle. The OOOs arc was especially painful because am I supposed to believe Sougo needed to essentially get an informal internship under Dan Kuroto to know he's a lunatic ruler with zero regard for his subjects who goes so far as to have Hina locked up presumably so he can have his way with her later? God, I can't stand Sougo and how they're characterising him in the main show.

But my god, that 10.5 episode is legitimately amazing. It is hands down the single best thing in this show so far, albeit a bit disconcerting to learn it's a revolving door of directors, because it doesn't lend well to building a coherently handled show. Give whoever came up with this .5 episode a raise.

EDIT

Halfway through Ep 11 and

Kaito: "there's no way out of Helheim. I've been searching for 5 years"

Nah, bro. You ain't staying alive in that forest while still looking immaculate and unshaven as you do when every fruit there can also turn you into an Invess.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
tkwkcleisez11.jpg

Armor time drive

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Huh... in an odd twist... 4chan leaks for the Build New World movie? These images weren't available anywhere else when they were posted. The person posting them also posted supposed leaks about Zi-O's production and the upcoming Sentai series.

The written spoilers that accompanied the images

2 more build v-cinexts plan if crossz do well: katsuragi's story & mad rogue.

odagiri will NOT be in zi-o, given script, called it bad. inoue masahiro return in december and movie. zi-o have three movies.

sentai side :
ryuusougrs will be red blue green white black with two girls three men. theme is dinosaurs and battleships. series crank in january, a month later instead of december. sentai five episode special to air between/ sentai IN DANGER if ryuusouger not big success sentai end.

toei still loooks for new air time for shows with no luck. rider is strong, zi-o perform well and will be good end to "heisei era". three movie serie begin with HEISEI GEN FOREVER and continue to spring then summer team up with next rider.

on sentai side bandai hope to move production time and ryuusougers begin will be 3.17 of next year. a five part "sentai history" show with legendary rangers take place between two shows. also is said ryuusouger must perform very well or sentai cannot go on.

Edit: He posted more images (added above) and said he hasn't actually seen the Sentai suits, and it might be a 4 men, 1 woman team rather than 3-2.

Been trying to catch up with Zi-O and I won't lie, it's been a struggle. The OOOs arc was especially painful because am I supposed to believe Sougo needed to essentially get an informal internship under Dan Kuroto to know he's a lunatic ruler with zero regard for his subjects who goes so far as to have Hina locked up presumably so he can have his way with her later?

Well, it could have worked better if Zi-O's version of Kuroto wasn't missing his actual motivation. Sogo was interested in him and assumed there would be something under his surface, but in the end there was nothing.

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
EDIT: Those production spoilers just posted look kinda possible.

While I kinda want Odagiri to come back, yeah, Zi-O plot sucks.

And Sentai has kinda meh ratings since what, Kyoryuuger? And even if the series quality is slowly going up, it's still too little too late. Sentai needed a bigger shakeup, even when they try something new, like those last two years, they still follow some of the old formulas.

Kinda surprising they are doing yet another Dino sentai so soon.

LuPat 40

That monster power and what it made Touma and Umika think was great, lol.

And yep, after this episode, I could see that rumor being true.

...you know, thanks to the timeslot change, we could be seeing our biggest sentai (in episode number) since Go-Busters/Gokaiger.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Those production spoilers just posted look kinda possible.

While I kinda want Odagiri to come back, yeah, Zi-O plot sucks.

And Sentai has kinda meh ratings since what, Kyoryuuger? And even if the series quality is slowly going up, it's still too little too late. Sentai needed a bigger shakeup, even when they try something new, like those last two years, they still follow some of the old formulas.

Kinda surprising they are doing yet another Dino sentai so soon.

LuPat 40

That monster power and what it made Touma and Umika think was great, lol.

And yep, after this episode, I could see that rumor being true.

...you know, thanks to the timeslot change, we could be seeing our biggest sentai (in episode number) since Go-Busters/Gokaiger.
Odagiri hates Toku/Kamen Rider so he would probably say that about any script lol. We'll see if the rumors are true though.

The current Sentai series has low ratings and the lowest selling toy line in the history of the franchise.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Odagiri hates Toku/Kamen Rider so he would probably say that about any script lol. We'll see if the rumors are true though.

The current Sentai series has low ratings and the lowest selling toy line in the history of the franchise.

I thought that first thing was debunked - He doesn't hate tokusatsu per se, but he's exigent with the scripts he works, and... well, hard to say many good things about Zi-O scripts.

And yeah, I think Sentai is on a free fall, ratings and toys wise, since ToQger. Didn't LuPat have better ratings thanks to Umika's actress or something like that?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that first thing was debunked - He doesn't hate tokusatsu per se, but he's exigent with the scripts he works, and... well, hard to say many good things about Zi-O scripts.

And yeah, I think Sentai is on a free fall, ratings and toys wise, since ToQger. Didn't LuPat have better ratings thanks to Umika's actress or something like that?
It had better ratings at the beginning.

Sentai ratings have been in decline since Gekiranger.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Lupin vs Patranger's ratings were higher than Kyuranger's in the beginning of the series, but they started falling quite a bit after the first 10 or so episodes.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You know, I kinda understand. While I don't think LuPat is bad, it's plot is very lackluster and not much happens to move it forward.

What Sentai needs is something like Ex-Aid or Build, where there's always something happening, even if it fails to stick the landing.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I kinda understand. While I don't think LuPat is bad, it's plot is very lackluster and not much happens to move it forward.

What Sentai needs is something like Ex-Aid or Build, where there's always something happening, even if it fails to stick the landing.

They need to bring the king back.

AVT_Riku-Sanjo_8438.jpeg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ohmori (Drive's, Ex-Aid's and Build's main producer) also was Kyoryuger's main producer, but he left exclusively for Rider afterwards, seemingly taking Utsunomiya's place after his Wizard did surprisingly low numbers compared to the last couple of Rider series. Looking back, even more than Sanjo it's a good thing Rider got him in the end. Sentai is way too conservative in comparison and probably wouldn't have allowed shows like Ex-Aid and Build.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

I think LuPat had the same problem with Kyuranger, even though they're very different. Both Kyuranger and LuPat had a lot of excitement and buzz leading to its debut and first few episodes, but interest slowly dropped off when people realized in the end it's same 'ol Sentai.

This is teenage/mature viewers though, I don't know how much of a hit it was among children.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
One of the problems is that the toyline is terrible this year. Pretty much the only thing there is the mechs, which aren't all that exciting even in the show and you can't really do anything with them. The Lupin Collection as a whole should've been actual toys in the line.

Next year I'm expecting a collectible gimmick.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if the line is already crashing and burning, get crazy. Worst case scenario, it continues to bomb. Best case, you inject some life into Sentai.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Some interesting details on another character coming back.

Our boy DE-DE-DE-DECADE got a new Driver that looks similar to before but it's red in the middle and the sides are completely black, and he also can transform into the Riders that came after his series. There's a picture of him fighting Zi-O Decade Armor using his Build form.

Last edited:

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Oooohh. All the scans are out now, some more interesting stuff.

-Tsukasa is fighting for the Time Jackers
-Decade Armor has different configurations like RabbitTank Sparkling, Mighty Bros XX and Grateful Damashii. Mighty Bros even splits into 2 like the original!
-W Ride Armor and Kuuga Ride Armor are gonna be in Heisei Generations Forever, Kuuga Armor being the center piece for the movie with Another Kuuga being a giant monster they need to defeat.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting details on another character coming back.

Our boy DE-DE-DE-DECADE got a new Driver that looks similar to before but it's red in the middle and the sides are completely black, and he also can transformer into the Riders that came after his series. There's a picture of him fighting Zi-O Decade Armor using his Build form.

Best belt returns!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The scans also show
the first non-Another Rider transformed enemy, some futuristic armored knight called "Kasshin" who is working directly for Oma Zi-O. Oma Zi-O himself is also finally fighting too against Zi-O. Decade is appearing through at least the Another Ghost and Kasshin episodes.

Also, Takeru is going back to the past with Sogo in the Another Ghost episodes.

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 11

That beginning was confusing as hell, I thought I had skipped a week or something, lol. At least they used time travel in a good way here!

That... that was a pretty Gaim episode. So, yeah, the plot is a mess, but at least it was fun. Lots of Woz too, which is always a good thing.

That movie trailer was hype as hell.

Zi-O 11.5

...and again, the .5 episode is the best part.

Oct 25, 2017
Zi-O 11

Man I miss Gaim... it was awesome to see Space God Kouta and Kaito again. I'm guessing Space God transcends time, and is likely the reason there's two Sougos running around, one who knows everything.
That trailer at the end, it actually looks good. It's kind of interesting how Sougo and Sento's actors addressed the audience as themselves. I guess the end of an era is a huge deal. Surprising to see English text in the trailer.

Zi-O 11.5

Oh man I'm so bad at these kind of games. I don't recognize anything! Such a bad fan...

Lupin vs Pat 40

Oh sweet, Kairi character development.
I had hoped that Lupin Kaiser Magic summoning all those extra versions would be a cool fight scene, not a quiz game. Ah well...

Sooo what's going on with the claims that Sentai is dying?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Carranger saving Sentai is apparently a myth.
It is, Ohranger had massive toy sales, sentai was in no danger whatsoever at that point.

Sooo what's going on with the claims that Sentai is dying?
Toy sales this year suck and last year wasn't phenomenal either but for the most part it's the same "sentai will end" worrying we get every year. Some guy on 4chan made a post and for some reason parts of the fandom decided that he has super secret inside sources??? Nothing he said about sentai sounds like he knows stuff. He's not sure about the colors, the team might have 1 girl or 2, the theme is dinosaurs and battleships (doesn't fit the title which literally says knights and dragons) etc.,
Then he says sentai might end if Ryuusouger isn't a success but that's an educated guess anyone could make. Every franchise is at risk of ending or getting a break when it stopps making a profit.

Oct 25, 2017
Toy sales this year suck and last year wasn't phenomenal either but for the most part it's the same "sentai will end" worrying we get every year. Some guy on 4chan made a post and for some reason parts of the fandom decided that he has super secret inside sources??? Nothing he said about sentai sounds like he knows stuff. He's not sure about the colors, the team might have 1 girl or 2, the theme is dinosaurs and battleships (doesn't fit the title which literally says knights and dragons) etc.,
Then he says sentai might end if Ryuusouger isn't a success but that's an educated guess anyone could make. Every franchise is at risk of ending or getting a break when it stopps making a profit.

Ah, one of those.
Apparently these rumors surface almost every year at this point, reading a thread about it at Rangerboard.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Well, sales and viewers are going down each year, so it's clear that, at some time, they either need a big shakeup in the formula (and they are trying since Kyuranger, but it's not enough, imo), or hope it'll be kept alive only because of some other interest - from agencies, from tradition, or whatever. And now, Bandai has lost the license for the toys on the west, so it's one source of revenue lost.

Even if the leaker is fake, and it feels like it is, it's not hard to see Sentai could be doomed if the next series doesn't go well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the new Ryuki scrubs, and the framerate (and changes in framerate for special effects and certain sequences, where the frame rate is lower) is making me a little bit dizzy. Is there a way to force MPC-HC to change the framerate to 30? Or is there another media player that can do it?
You can do it if you use madVR. Or, if you use MPC-HC, there is an option to change the framerate under the Fullscreen options - and it will only work on fullscreen.

WHAT
When was a second movie announced?

The Geiz and Woz show featuring some other dude who moves the plot forward because reasons 11&11.5
Will God Kouta ever not look awful? lol
Kaito is lying about being five years there, right? Or is he eating the other people who get thrown in the Helheim to survive? Actually, how the hell Helheim existing in Zi-O's timeline even works
This is the first time they used the time travel gimmick in any sort of interesting way, narrative-wise, and the time travel aspect is not even necessary for the structure to work. The directors are trying, but the script is just bad. Hopefully we at at least get some more conflict out of Geiz x Time Jackers.

xDjFLMp.jpg

they know

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lupin vs Pat's sales not only are bad, they're on track to be the lowest performing Sentai season ever and by a good margin. And this is after a few years of shows underperforming.

Some guy on 4chan made a post and for some reason parts of the fandom decided that he has super secret inside sources???

The reason is that he had screencaps of an unreleased trailer for the Cross-Z movie and knew when it'd be officially revealed in spite of that not being announced anywhere. He had some kind of inside source. The argument against him is that he might be using a limited source to appear more knowledgeable than he actually was just to troll the Sentai fanbase.

And it's Sentai specifically since his Rider info was fairly obvious considering what we know - for example, he claimed Tsukasa's actor would appear in Zi-O, which everyone already expected even before the new scans popped up due to the shooting leaks with Decade. So, although it's one of bit of his info that's now confirmed, it doesn't really add much to his claims. The biggest oddity regarding his Rider claims is that he said Tsukasa's actor also will be in Heisei Generations Forever, and so far Decade isn't receiving any marketing focus for that at all.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
The reason is that he had screencaps of an unreleased trailer for the Cross-Z movie and knew when it'd be officially revealed in spite of that not being announced anywhere. He had some kind of inside source. The argument against him is that he might be using a limited source to appear more knowledgeable than he actually was just to troll the Sentai fanbase.

Could easily have skimmed a website and got the screenshots and date. I wouldn't trust anything in toku without an official announcement.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupin vs Pat Dec Info from Televi kun scan
- Pato use Siren Pat Kaiser
- Satoru from anoter 2gou mini movies is back and he have his own VS-Changer
- Noel was adopted by Arsène Lupin

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IIRC aren't Japanese kids really not into phantom thieves? I think I recall Persona 5 was received better overseas than in Japan for that reason.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not on Youtube, they may not even come across it.

Most of the top YT stuff for kids istoy stuff. Like so. And kids definitely still watch shows. What's changed are the platforms and screens they watch them on. (YT/Netflix still have shows, and Tablets are the thing for kids.)

I think Toei needs to think about diversifying the programming a bit though. For example, Gundam has a larger reach because of things like the official GundamInfo YT channel, which streams stuff like Gundam Build Divers for free. For example, why are the Zi-O .5 episodes not on the official Toei channel? Why aren't their equivalent videos for Lupat?

javadoze

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the top YT stuff for kids istoy stuff. Like so. And kids definitely still watch shows. What's changed are the platforms and screens they watch them on. (YT/Netflix still have shows, and Tablets are the thing for kids.)

I think Toei needs to think about diversifying the programming a bit though. For example, Gundam has a larger reach because of things like the official GundamInfo YT channel, which streams stuff like Gundam Build Divers for free. For example, why are the Zi-O .5 episodes not on the official Toei channel? Why aren't their equivalent videos for Lupat?
We used to have .5 episodes for sentai.

They just called it Akibaranger.

...Season 3 still needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.