• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying that they're apeing Kyoryuger so blatantly (at least yellow instead of pink or something would have been nice enough), but the designs themselves seem interesting. It does look like they're at least leaning into the knight aesthetic, and the mecha has a lot of potential. It is very relieving that the components all split into multiple parts instead of just latching into a goddamn arm socket, and similarly nice that green and black add to it rather than replace blue or pink.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 13

Oh, some explanation for those powerups Geiz already had! Guess they had to do that if they wanted to have focus episode for those Riders. Oh, it's cool they got those other characters too. Hope they can do that for other series, if they continue doing those focus episodes.

Another Ghost looks cool. Tsukasa as a villain for Zi-O is such a great idea, I hope they keep him like that for some time... but it's not likely, next episode we'll have the Decade form already. Takeru works fine as a support character, too. Takeru not being the one that dies this time is also pretty nice.

Zi-O 13.5

And Takeru works even better here! We even got a Drive homage! I really hope we get a Drive arc too.

And they even joke about how Ghost's plot was copied from Dragon Ball, lol.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The ending of Super Ninja Steel was a bland and rushed copy of Countdown to Destruction. The final battle was completely anti-climatic.

Oct 25, 2017
any beast morpher toy info yet? its all hasbro now right?

wonder what the quality of the megazord will be. gobuster stuff was pretty complicated with each animal having multiple forms, and the 5 combination is a mess in terms of balance.

anti-laser

Dec 31, 2017
It's lame that we're going back to dinosaurs so soon after Kyoryuger, but if Sentai really is in that much trouble, then I totally get going back to this theme. The knight aspect is seriously cool though and I like the toy line so far. The mech being just one big thing like Megaranger that has armor and weapons added by the other team members is a pretty cool idea and I'm interetsed to see how the mech evolves over the course of the show.

Hell, one of the big mech upgrades could just be a separate 5 piece combo entirely, and that could be dragon-themed.

The suits, the visors in particular are very cool, and unlike Kyoryuger, the design doesn't rule out a yellow memeber. it rules out silver.

yellow sixth? that'd be a first.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's lame that we're going back to dinosaurs so soon after Kyoryuger, but if Sentai really is in that much trouble, then I totally get going back to this theme. The knight aspect is seriously cool though and I like the toy line so far. The mech being just one big thing like Megaranger that has armor and weapons added by the other team members is a pretty cool idea and I'm interetsed to see how the mech evolves over the course of the show.

Hell, one of the big mech upgrades could just be a separate 5 piece combo entirely, and that could be dragon-themed.

The suits, the visors in particular are very cool, and unlike Kyoryuger, the design doesn't rule out a yellow memeber. it rules out silver.

yellow sixth? that'd be a first.
The sixth member will probably be gold, though Toei could decide to shake things up.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Unfortunately, I don't really think Silver is ruled out. They could easily make him all silver, or make the silver parts on the uniform something like gold, for extra tackyness.

I'm rooting for an yellow or orange sixth, but it'll probably be metallic again.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Since they're just copying Kyoryuger and Zyuranger, I hope they also copy how Kyoryuger handled extra Rangers. Just add one for every extra robot.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Since they're just copying Kyoryuger and Zyuranger, I hope they also copy how Kyoryuger handled extra Rangers. Just add one for every extra robot.

Yeah, that what I'm ready for as well.

It worked in Kyoryuger better than Kyuuranger, because you're attached to the team, but you get consistent guest stars. In Kyuu, there were just too many "consistent" cast members, so a bunch got shortchanged.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
At this point it doesn't seem like we're getting any guest actors in the movie aside from Build's cast though. At this point, the only thing I could see them holding back would be voice-only appearances.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
LuPat 42

Noel ! Ningen Janai !!!

Also
WexcnxD.jpg

8NcMdZv.jpg

Flashback from EP 2.
kDq03WO.jpg

Oh boy.

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
LuPat 43

Noel not being a traitor was so obvious it hurts. But yeah, finally getting to the Noel (and probably Kogure?) revelation.

The mecha fight was pretty fun.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There's a magazine scan with a summary for the next few episodes of Zi-O, including the first January one...
Kamen Rider Shinobi is actually appearing in the show, he isn't just concept art.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neat.

Looking forward to Kasshin, hope he's an interesting high level Mook and not like Javert and Gyro from Ghost

Zynx

Oct 25, 2017
Damn there's a lot of time travellers now in Zi-O. And an upgrade already at Ep 14? What the heck are the other powerups going to be like?

Oct 25, 2017
So, how did they film the wall/roof/tower climbing scenes on Supaidaman? There are moments where he is climbing stuff downwards and it doesn't look like inverted shot at all.

There's a magazine scan with a summary for the next few episodes of Zi-O, including the first January one...
Kamen Rider Shinobi is actually appearing in the show, he isn't just concept art.
Nice!

Oct 25, 2017
decade is such a goof. And damn is the actor like a head taller than everyone.

14.5 ending is hilarious.

Are there really no male superheroes that is a large % pink? surely d/c marvel got something?

Oct 25, 2017
Almost certainly had a wire tied to his stomach and balanced himself against the wall in some way.
Damn, that is super impressive.
decade is such a goof. And damn is the actor like a head taller than everyone.

14.5 ending is hilarious.

Are there really no male superheroes that is a large % pink? surely d/c marvel got something?
It's not uncommon for super power VFX (Gambit, in some incarnations, for instance) or hair every now and then (Kid Omega), but it is pretty rare for costumes.

We always will have Galactus though.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

The color of Gambit's shirt varies from red to purple to pink, although it's always covered by a brown trench coat.

Pink for whatever reason seem to be more a villain's color. Marvel's High Evolutionary and Kang the Conqueror often have pink in their designs (although sometimes it's replaced by a dark red or purple). Green Goblin in the comics also is sometimes drawn with a pink outfit over the goblin costume, although after the 70s it's usually purple/violet.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 14

So, now Tsukasa not only has full control over dimension hoping, he can also travel through time, huh. Tsukasa as a villain/third force is working well. He also works well with Woz, lol.

Wish the other returning actors got as much airtime as Takeru did in this arc. Ghost is far from the best series, but he was good here, in an assisting role. He also learnt a couple things, it seems, lol. Makoto's appearance was a bit randon, tho. Anyway, it was cool to see more old Riders transforming.

And again, it's klinda bizarre to see Rider have better Mecha fights than most modern Sentai, even if it's full CG. The powerups were used in a fun, creative way.

I would never have imagined I would enjoy an arc that brought two of my least favorite Riders together, but here we are. It wasn't *good* in the sense Ex-Aid or Build were, but it was pretty fun, at least.

While we still don't have any confirmation there'll be new returning characters after this arc, I'm kinda hopeful. Would be a waste to not do so, unless they can't get anyone else, lol.

Zi-O 14.5

Oh, so that's why you were discussing pink.

That was an... educative episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Something about zi o mechas texture really reminds me of the mmpr movie megazord lol.

Similar cg chrome finish.

I kinda wish they saved Tsukasa for near the end. Decade upgrade makes more sense for final form upgrade in my head for zi o

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It made me upset they didn't comment on the fact somehow Captain Ghost is with the Time Jackers.

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the last couple weeks.
In terms of Zi-O, makes sense that the Decade Watch would be his quarter-season power-up, the last "crossover Rider" powering the new one. Since Tsukasa is going to stick around, I hope we get some new Final Form Rides. Going to the future in the next episode could be interesting.

As for Lupin vs Pat, obviously Noel isn't the traitor. The non-human thing though... hmmm.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
LuPat 44

So, Noel and Kogure...

Aren't human, but aren't Gangler too... so in the end, it doesn't make any difference, lol.

LuPat is going hard on ToQGer's school of Sentai: slow plot most of the series, and then a reveal that could be use in many interesting ways if it was done way earlier.

The other reveal, however, was done better.

...but it would be even better if we got to know the character before. I know it was a side-thing, but it wasn't subbed, so...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Zi-O's Decade forms actually get unique abilities...like will Mighty Brothers have him multiply?

Status
Not open for further replies.