• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Smart money is to put your actual 2019 Rider as a Woz power-up, and then surprise reveal that's the Rider.

Of course, it's hard to do that, because the first time we see a Rider with a new belt design, we'll know they're real.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 17

Well... things will change a lot in 3 years, huh? I kike what they did with Shinobi, he feels more like a early Heisei Rider with a late Heisei protagonist and Ninninger sound effects, lol. Oh, and new opening!

That night scene was pretty cool too. I'm kinda bummed if we don't see more previous Riders, but those Future Riders are pretty cool too. Fun ideas, and if they keep calling Sentai/Toku alumni to be those, it's also good fanservice. Of course, that is, if there are any of those after Kikai/Machine. Probably not, tho, since those are apparently Woz' powerups. I wonder if we'll get more unique monster after that? If we do, this will probably be the series with the most unique monsters since Drive.

Oh yeah, this episode's fight was pretty good. If they don't change the main Rider suit actor, they can at least use a more dynamic camera, I guess.

So, now we got Oma Zi-O and Geiz Revive. And, of course, we have Kamen Rider Woz. I'll miss the .5 episodes, but at least they are doing some interesting things with the series.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Quiz is played by Buster Red (also a fedora dude), guess the third Future Rider will also be Sentai.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So Quiz is played by Buster Red (also a fedora dude), guess the third Future Rider will also be Sentai.

Oh my, he looks amazing. I love these future Riders.

It probably helps that they only have to come up with a single look, it's much easier when you don't have to worry about form changes or shared belts for other Riders.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupat 47

Very Intense Episode for both lupins side and Patos side.

Whatever.
there are 4 episode left but still some mystery need to full answer.
Is Kogure really know Zamigo ?
Where are people that zamigo freeze ? are they dead or not?
Lupin Collections actually can grant the wish ?
WTF is Arsene Lupin ?

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
So after reading klabautermann gushing about Fourze I also got in the mood of starting to watch Kamen Rider.
Initially I also wanted to start with Fourze but then I saw the billions of other seasons and I'm kind of a person who doesn't like entiring a franchise in the middle, but I also didn't want to watch 40 years worth of Kamen Rider, so I kinda agreed to a middle ground and started with the first of the "Heisei Phase 2" shows, W. (And I've also read great things about it here and the premise sounded really interesting).

Well, I'm 30 episodes into it and it's been awesome! I like the main gang and the detective setup. I like how it's generally pretty goofy and easy-going, but can also get really tense when it wants to and there's just a constant sense of escalation and new things being introduced.
The Opening and insert songs are awesome too.

I've also watched 4 seasons of Garo last year after really liking the first anime season, and that one's been great too.
Season 1 was novel and interesting, Season 2 just expanded on it and made everything better (that final stretch is hype as shit).
Then Season 3 tried something entirely different and I didn't exactly like it that much. It had 1 really amazing episode though at the very least.
Season 4 I liked better again, but still not as much as 2. Though at this point I'm not sure if it's actually not as good or just franchise fatigue.
Will watch Goldstorm eventually though, I guess.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You can consider each season a different show, so, with maybe the exception of the anniversary seasons, I see no problem with watching them in any order.

Even the anniversary seasons are kinda like that: You'll miss some references, but you get a basic idea about how the show was, so you can prioritize what to watch next.

LuPat 47

Gauche is also pretty OP. Zamigo back to being menacing too, good. This is a pretty good arc, but again, I feel some of those things should've happpened before.

Next episode is it? Will they finally reveal their identities? It's about time. Oh, and I'm still betting on Zamigo being the boss' son or something.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
You can consider each season a different show, so, with maybe the exception of the anniversary seasons, I see no problem with watching them in any order.

Even the anniversary seasons are kinda like that: You'll miss some references, but you get a basic idea about how the show was, so you can prioritize what to watch next.

LuPat 47

Gauche is also pretty OP. Zamigo back to being menacing too, good. This is a pretty good arc, but again, I feel some of those things should've happpened before.

Next episode is it? Will they finally reveal their identities? It's about time. Oh, and I'm still betting on Zamigo being the boss' son or something.

I still believe that Kogure know Zamigo.

He might not evil but pretty much he hiding something and noel aware about this so that why he come to japan and told Lupins not tell anything about Zamigo to Kogure when he know about this.

Hell,if Zamigo not froze people.

The Ganglers wouldn't get human skin to disguise and Kairi,Touma and Umika wouldn't become Lupinrangers to gather collection for Kogure.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still 100% convinced Shotaro and Phillip were supposed to ge gay on W. They lived together, referred to each other as "partner" (yes, I know they are detectives), there's only one bed in their shared office/home, neither had a female love interest or showed any real interest in any woman (Phillip "crushing" on Wakana was obviously just him idolizing a celebrity) and how much Shotaro was grieving after Phillip was gone was telling, the others had lost a friend, he had lost someone way more important.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I still believe that Kogure know Zamigo.

He might not evil but pretty much he hiding something and noel aware about this so that why he come to japan and told Lupins not tell anything about Zamigo to Kogure when he know about this.

Hell,if Zamigo not froze people.

The Ganglers wouldn't get human skin to disguise and Kairi,Touma and Umika wouldn't become Lupinrangers to gather collection for Kogure.

Yeah, both can be true! In the end it could be nothing, but there sure is some foreshadowing that we don't know everything about those two.

I'm still 100% convinced Shotaro and Phillip were supposed to ge gay on W. They lived together, referred to each other as "partner" (yes, I know they are detectives), there's only one bed in their shared office/home, neither had a female love interest or showed any real interest in any woman (Phillip "crushing" on Wakana was obviously just him idolizing a celebrity) and how much Shotaro was grieving after Phillip was gone was telling, the others had lost a friend, he had lost someone way more important.

You know, it makes sense. Even the Wakana crush could be told off as...

Him subconsciously feeling their family bounds or something.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupinranger vs Patranger Timeline (So far.)

1000 years ago.
Dogranio was born.
Noel's ancestor get kicked out by Gangler races and come to human world along with the collection.

50x years ago
Dogranio form Ganglers Organization.

10x years ago.
Arsene Lupin start collect collection and probably found Noel around this time.

x years ago.
Dogranio's kill Arsene Lupin and Steal collection.

2 years ago (2017)
Zamigo froze people.
kairi,touma and umika get recruit become lupin ranger by kogure.

1 years ago (2018)
EP.1 start.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a Toku Dream Saban (or whoever is in charge) had Kamen Rider Shinobi appear in the Go-Busters adaptation to ease folks into Kamen Rider in the West.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think the Blood race in general was kind of a disappointment. In the show, they made a big deal about Evolt by himself being able to destroy Mars "a single member of their race", but then it turned out he was the only one with an Evol Driver anyway, so the others were nowhere near that strong.

I liked how the movie handled the relationship of Sento and his father better than the tv series though, and at least it brought back final battle power ups. The Ghost and Ex-Aid movie were really stupid with the idea of making the movie form some temporary power up for the middle of the movie, which just made the final villains look weak since they're beaten by the standard final form in a fairly brief fighting scene due to the movie's runtime, and also made the movie forms feel pointless.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I finished watching W. That was damn excellent all the way through. Like, really really good. I don't think there was a single boring episode. Shotaro and Philip are such a good team.
Still need to watch the movies and stuff, but for now I've started OOO and that sure gives off a way way different feel right from the start, lol.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hey, better late than never!

Zi-O 16.5

Heh, that was a fun one. Even the producerswere here. I'll miss those :(

Birdie I think that prop gun was CG, not practical.

And thus, we are at peace...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So the preview for the special airing after Lupinranger vs. Patranger revealed a sixth Ryusoulger. New purple/violet ranger incoming. My guess is either mentor or bad guy(with a similar role to Wolzard).

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 18

Well... that's a way of doing things, I guess. I kinda wanted them to go to his future, but I guess we'll have the chance on the mini-series. I wonder what they'll do with the Quiz timeskip... will the Rider not age in 20+ years? lol.

Still loving the Woz Driver sounds. Also, Woz fighting was great.

I was wondering if Zi-O would ever get those future Rider Watches, but apparently they will form that Geiz power up or something?

I kinda like this setup where everyone is against everyone but not really.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So are they just gonna put off the last future Rider cuz they got Ryuki back or is that after...

Oct 25, 2017
Heiya thread! Caught up with Zi-O after a month, still need to work on Jinga and the Build movie!

Zi-O is... good now? Shinobi looks awesome, double Woz double the fun, all characters seem to have conflicts and goals now, wowa. The 19 preview actually made me think Zi-O is stealing LuPato's thunder, with the idea that both Riders are competing for the Watch and one of the Woz saying they need to steal it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay that works...I guess?

Wonder if Kikai might be a bigger deal than the other two if he's saved for last.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
LuPato 48

they finally did it. identities out there. i kinda liked the reveal, though I feel like it could've still been done better.
think the fight could've gone a lot better too. wished Noel did the rollcall with both Lupin, and then transformed to do it with the Patos.

Umika and Touma out of commission next week, so Kairi vs Zamigo should be fun

Oct 28, 2017
Tokusatsu Gagaga is being subbed by Big Nova Subs, if anyone is interested in it. J-Drama about a salarywoman obsessed with toku.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupins feat Patos 48
I don't understand Kogure.
4 episode ago he still want lupins trust noel&him about not being human and go continue steal collection and Now he want Lupins not go help noel and let him died in front of public ?

are we sure that there are nothing about kogure ?

Oct 25, 2017
Lupat48

What a terrible reveal. The entire show had lead up to this and they do it in the most lackluster way possible. First off the cops already deduced the identies of the thieves 2 episodes ago so there's no surprise there, only Sakuya was in denial but they all basically knew. Second they try and play it off like the thieves were tricked or forced into revealing their identities when they just do it because they were asked. The boss gives them an ultimatum, if they reveal themselves he'll just let X go, otherwise they'll have to fight Gauche. So what they choose to do is just reveal themselves and fight Gauche anyways, they don't fight Gauche because oh the boss was lying to them or something, they just charge into her.

Bad all around. If they were going to wait this long to do the reveal at least make it good.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupat48

What a terrible reveal. The entire show had lead up to this and they do it in the most lackluster way possible. First off the cops already deduced the identies of the thieves 2 episodes ago so there's no surprise there, only Sakuya was in denial but they all basically knew. Second they try and play it off like the thieves were tricked or forced into revealing their identities when they just do it because they were asked. The boss gives them an ultimatum, if they reveal themselves he'll just let X go, otherwise they'll have to fight Gauche. So what they choose to do is just reveal themselves and fight Gauche anyways, they don't fight Gauche because oh the boss was lying to them or something, they just charge into her.

Bad all around. If they were going to wait this long to do the reveal at least make it good.

Dogranio said they need reveal themselves and fight Goche if they win he will let noel go.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokusatsu Gagaga 1
It's everything I wanted. The toku shows look good (and I'm in love with EmerJason), both the delusions and the day to day situations (DAMIAN) have a nice balance of endearing and funny. It scratches my Aoi Honoo itch too! The 40 minutes of the episode flew by.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
LuPat 48

You know, since this series had zero development and interaction of the thieves with the society, and how they are viewed by them... this only made the weak-ass reveal even weaker. There were so many better opportunities to do that before, which makes this feel even more like wasted potential. Hell, the series doesn't make a good job even explaining why the Lupinrangers are wanted criminals.

But even with this setup, they could have made it better. They could've made the Lupin reveal their identities like it was nothing, giving no weigth at all to the decision. This would, at least, make the thieves look cooler and up their "we don't give a fuck" factor. Would still be a weak reveal because the consequences aren't really that clear, but still, better than this.

So, I guess they are killing Gauche, huh? Didn't expect that before the last episode, since she's the one who makes the monsters grow. Anyway, the giant fight this episode was pretty cool. I hope that's something Ryusoulger keeps doing - different, interesting fights.

Well... there's still a couple episodes to give some consequences to their actions, I guess. Let's see how it goes.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
It was weird how Umika went from not liking Sakuya to liking him without any sort of build up, and how unaffected Tsukasa and Keiichiro were since they seemed to be getting closer to Kairi in previous episodes. Also, Touma had no significant moment with the Patrangers during the show, the way Kairi and Umika did.

What I am saying is that they had a ton of episodes to slowly work those relationships. There weren't that many characters, and all it could have taken is just a few moments per episode. I liked Lupat a lot, but it could have been better.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
on early show and movie show that social view them as a hero than criminal which a reason why keiichiro hate lupins.
Also Umika start like Sakuya on Xmas Episode.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Sakuya believe a lot that Umika not Lupinranger which make her felt bad.
on Umika side while she want Her Friend Back she very happy to work at jurer and lived as normal people.

you can see in op that Umika walk backward.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Finished W. Really, really liked it. Thought Shotaro, Philip, Akiko, and Ryu were a really fun main cast. Akiko and Shotaro were definitely the highlights for me. I didn't like it as much as Fourze, but it was still an awesome time and I'm really glad I watched it. The soundtrack was absolutely awesome. Jumped into OOO and am about 5 episodes in so far. Eiji isn't as fun as of a protagonist as Shotaro or Gentarou so far, but he is a good enough boy. The OP and OST slap so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.