• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OOO has a weak middle but that ending though...

Ignore everything about the W x OOO Movie Wars on the OOO side though.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Finished W. Really, really liked it. Thought Shotaro, Philip, Akiko, and Ryu were a really fun main cast. Akiko and Shotaro were definitely the highlights for me. I didn't like it as much as Fourze, but it was still an awesome time and I'm really glad I watched it. The soundtrack was absolutely awesome. Jumped into OOO and am about 5 episodes in so far. Eiji isn't as fun as of a protagonist as Shotaro or Gentarou so far, but he is a good enough boy. The OP and OST slap so far.

It meanders a bit, but ultimately gets back on track.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
on early show and movie show that social view them as a hero than criminal which a reason why keiichiro hate lupins.
Also Umika start like Sakuya on Xmas Episode.

Oh yeah, but then that makes the decision to not reveal their identities even more baffling. I mean, for some reason they are considered criminals, yeah, but even that claim was weak as hell in the series.

Finished W. Really, really liked it. Thought Shotaro, Philip, Akiko, and Ryu were a really fun main cast. Akiko and Shotaro were definitely the highlights for me. I didn't like it as much as Fourze, but it was still an awesome time and I'm really glad I watched it. The soundtrack was absolutely awesome. Jumped into OOO and am about 5 episodes in so far. Eiji isn't as fun as of a protagonist as Shotaro or Gentarou so far, but he is a good enough boy. The OP and OST slap so far.

Oh yeah, W was pretty fun! Akiko was one character I really liked at the beginning, but in the end she was a bit too repetitive for me.

Still have to watch OOO, it looks really cool.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Oh yeah, but then that makes the decision to not reveal their identities even more baffling. I mean, for some reason they are considered criminals, yeah, but even that claim was weak as hell in the series.

identities reveal make them can't live like normal people anymore and hard to get colletion back.
look on megarangers their friend&family abandon them when identities reveal by big boss.

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
identities reveal make them can't live like normal people anymore and hard to get colletion back.
look on megarangers their friend&family abandon them when identities reveal by big boss.

Yeah, but the series didn't really work on that before. I mean, yeah, they can't work on Jurer, but it's not like they are really criminals or anything. Touma and Kairi also don't really have that many friends or family.

I mean, I kinda understand why it's a big deal, I just don't think the series worked it very well.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Yeah, but the series didn't really work on that before. I mean, yeah, they can't work on Jurer, but it's not like they are really criminals or anything. Touma and Kairi also don't really have that many friends or family.

I mean, I kinda understand why it's a big deal, I just don't think the series worked it very well.

What Lupins do is morally grey.
one episode keiichiro point that Lupins care to steal lupins collection than take ganglers down quickly which lead ganglers gotten away and cause more damage.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What Lupins do is morally grey.
one episode keiichiro point that Lupins care to steal lupins collection than take ganglers down quickly which lead ganglers gotten away and cause more damage.

Yeah, but that's hardly something worthy of being the most wanted criminals :D

Anyway, let's see. The reasoning for what happened was weak, in my opinion, but they can still turn it around on those few episodes left.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Good to know the middle section might be a bit weak, but it picks up! After I finish OOO I'll have finish the first 3 series in the Heisei Phase 2 shows. Debating if I just wanna go linearly from there and start Wizard, or keep the hot streak of known good shows going... Heard there is a connection to Ryuki in Ex-Aid so that's stopping me from wanting to watch it until I watch Ryuki. Part of me wants to go to Build next since I hear great things about that show as well.

Never thought I'd ever be into Toku stuff, but here I am after downing over 100 episodes of Kamen Rider in less than a month lmao.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Good to know the middle section might be a bit weak, but it picks up! After I finish OOO I'll have finish the first 3 series in the Heisei Phase 2 shows. Debating if I just wanna go linearly from there and start Wizard, or keep the hot streak of known good shows going... Heard there is a connection to Ryuki in Ex-Aid so that's stopping me from wanting to watch it until I watch Ryuki. Part of me wants to go to Build next since I hear great things about that show as well.

Never thought I'd ever be into Toku stuff, but here I am after downing over 100 episodes of Kamen Rider in less than a month lmao.

Really depends on what you want. Build is cool and a bit more serious. Ex-Aid has some high stakes and there's always something happening (dunno anything about a connection with Ryuki outside of both being Rider Wars? Never watched Ryuki, so I probably missed it). Drive has great villains, but has a slow start - still, one of my favorites, and great once it picks up. GAIM has a lot of WTF moments and also is a bit darker at times.

Wizard I never watched, and Ghost... there is some good in it, at times, but I'd skip it unless your objective is watching all the riders.

Oh, if you want something really different, there is Amazons.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Tokusatsu Gagaga is not Akibaranger, but it's fun and entertaining. Just watched the first episode. It does have some nice and funny references. It's also a bit slower with very small stakes for a show that lasts 40 min per episode. Will definitely continue watching it. Also, had no idea Rena Takeda (from Amazons and Million Yen Women) has a small recurring role in this.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Not read the recent posts in the thread because I am waaay behind on both KR and Sentai but has anyone checked out this drama (not Toku but about Toku lol):

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...dy-tokusatsu-gagaga-gets-live-action-tv-drama

will probably check out, just curious if anyone here has.

Yeah, I did.

Tokusatsu Gagaga is not Akibaranger, but it's fun and entertaining. Just watched the first episode. It does have some nice and funny references. It's also a bit slower with very small stakes for a show that lasts 40 min per episode. Will definitely continue watching it. Also, had no idea Rena Takeda (from Amazons and Million Yen Women) has a small recurring role in this.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
https://twitter.com/toei_rider_ZIO/status/1088013539929964544

The second Zi-O spin off special was revealed... it's actually a new Kamen Rider Ryuki special rather than a Quiz special like people were expecting after the first one was announced to be Shinobi.

https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/317046

In the year 2019, somehow the Mirror World reappears. Ryuki and other Riders from his show stand up again as a new Battle Royal begins... Shinji/Ryuki is confirmed to be the protagonist, but Zi-O and Geiz will appear too. Other cast members will be announced later.

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/toei_rider_ZIO/status/1088013539929964544

The second Zi-O spin off special was revealed... it's actually a new Kamen Rider Ryuki special rather than a Quiz special like people were expecting after the first one was announced to be Shinobi.

https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/317046

In the year 2019, somehow the Mirror World reappears. Ryuki and other Riders from his show stand up again as a new Battle Royal begins... Shinji/Ryuki is confirmed to be the protagonist, but Zi-O and Geiz will appear too. Other cast members will be announced later.
The replies to that first tweet are amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Jinga 05-06
"Jinga kills someone and the body and clothing disappear, except for a single accessory that immediately identifies the person. Jinga doesn't notice it."
Inoue did some great work on episode 6, damn.

Sekai Ninja Sen Jiraiya 13-16
- Oh yeah Jiraiya has a laser gun he never uses!
- Obviously the sniper ninja is american. And fought in Vietnam. His ninja technique is... owning a bazooka?
- IS THAT A DAMN NINJA TANK
- LITERALLY A KKK MEMBER WITH A JETPACK AND A BAZOOKA
- This is like the second time in 2 or 3 episodes Retsukiba gets blank paper as payment, what a sucker
- Togakure training is so brutal haha "Fight alone against 6 guys with oversized kusarigama and sycthes"
- The elemental ninjas were hilarious - straight up throwing huge logs at the actors and using strong water hoses on them - but why were they holding rifles at the start LUL Great conclusion too. Cyborg ninjas, oyeh! Dunno where that fit with with the supposed theme of not trusting into gear/weapons/tech or why it was the debut of Jiraiya's absurdly high tech car though.
- Uuuuh so the european child assassin turned witch assassin with a cursed sword from the Middle Ages was executed, buried and sealed with a Christian cross on Istambul... and ninjas know about it because reasons? And Haburamu says he will go back to training into the basics of ninja arts so it doesn't happen again, because that makes sense I guess.

Manabu still is the worst part of this show.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hey, passing here just to remember you guys that Kiva has the best soundtrack.

Also to tell you guys kuroto2000 does some pretty cool piano covers of toku songs.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, passing here just to remember you guys that Kiva has the best soundtrack.

Also to tell you guys kuroto2000 does some pretty cool piano covers of toku songs.

Darkness Moon Break is still my favorite kick and music ever. When it turned into night and the violin played you knew shit was about to happen.

(it happened like twice in the entire series)

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
been rewatching random toku episodes out of boredom.
re-watched the Mach intro, and realized...did we ever figure out what this was in relation to?
JfzFHK2.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, his driver was a prototype and would overheat/berserk (that's why he could rise the helmet and smoke would come out). He surpassed it after some development and using Deadheat.

I feel like that is my main takeaway every time someone talks about Kiva. Super cool and good things, that almost never happen.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Darkness Moon Break is still my favorite kick and music ever. When it turned into night and the violin played you knew shit was about to happen.

I was so disappointed Kiva Emperor dropped the whole "turn day into night" bit. Even the alternate forms had it, so the final form dropping it was really underwhelming.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I was so disappointed Kiva Emperor dropped the whole "turn day into night" bit. Even the alternate forms had it, so the final form dropping it was really underwhelming.

Maybe because back then I don't know what to expect from a Kamen Rider season and was unreasonably hyped seeing Kiva's design, I strongly remember how Kiva went. His initial finisher was only used three or four times with one miss. Garuru and Basshaa's finishers used maybe once and Dogga's twice. Everything was forgotten after Emperor, even the day-to-night bit was replaced by an orange tint on the screen.

Looking at it now, I think multi-formed Rider probably only used their finisher once or twice per form. But since Kiva's finishers was so extra--chains broken, day turning into night, somersaulting under the moon, swords bitten, etc--it felt like it should've been a stock footage that will be used multiple times, but strangely didn't, I just remember it more vividly. Basically Kiva is my favorite worst heisei KR series.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
anyone know whether the kamen rider scramble zi-o switch game was any good?
Did you enjoy Climax Fighters? It's basically that with an actual story mode (but low budget - just text, no VA). It adds very little content to it (full moveset for Build, Cross-Z, Shadowmoon and fairly incomplete versions of Zi-O, Geiz and Woz).

If you haven't played it, it's an arena brawler that feels kind of stiff (they give invulnerability when the characters fall on the ground until wake up, which feels badly done). Most characters have their final form triggered with a super gauge, and some popular characters have one alternate form that can be used too, but most other forms are just attacks rather than being fully playable.

In the story mode, when going through the stages for the first time, you can only play as Zi-O (or Geiz in Co-op), although you can replay stages in higher difficulties with any characters you've unlocked. In addition to other fighters, in the story mode you face a boss character and various generic grunts (Riotroopers from Faiz, Masquarade Dopants from W, Mages from Wizard, Kurokage Troopers, etc - although it feels kind of odd since the mass produced Riders in these battles are just as strong as the generic grunts, like the Wizard ghouls).

Part of the problem with that though, is that like I mentioned above Zi-O feels fairly incomplete with no alternate forms (he has 3 armors for special attacks in addition to some standard ones). It's kind of crazy compared to Build who has 4 full movesets (standard and final form and then two form swaps for TankTank and RabbitRabbit).

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Did you enjoy Climax Fighters? It's basically that with an actual story mode. It adds very little content to it (full moveset for Build, Cross-Z, Shadowmoon and fairly incomplete versions of Zi-O, Geiz and Woz).

If you haven't played it, it's an arena brawler that feels kind of stiff (they give invulnerability when the characters fall on the ground until wake up, which feels badly done). Most characters have their final form triggered with a super gauge, and some popular characters have one alternate form that can be used too, but most forms are just attacks rather than being fully playable. In the story mode, when going through the stages for the first time, you can only play as Zi-O, although you can replay stages in higher difficulties with any characters you've unlocked. In addition to other fighters there is a boss character and various generic grunts (Riotroopers from Faiz, Masquarade Dopants from W, Mages from Wizard, Kurokage Troopers, etc - although it feels kind of odd since the mass produced Riders in these battles are just as strong as the generic grunts, like the Wizard ghouls).

Cheers. :)

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Tokunation is reporting that additional characters/actors will return for the Super Sentai mini series before new (and final?) Super Sentai series debuts:

*Noburo Kaneko/ GaoRed
*Kousei Yuuki/ Patren 1
*Yasuhisa Furuhara/ Go-On Red
*MAO/ Gokai Yellow
*Masayuki Deai/ Bouken Silver
*Satomi Hirose/ Ninja White voice only
*Tetsu Inada/ DekaMaster voice only

It would have been enough to bring back Gokai Yellow, but also Keiichiro! Good that he is on this, the Patrangers deserved better. Go-On Red is always fun, or at least, in the crossovers, since I have not yet seen Go-Onger.

They new cast anounced is not on this TV spot, but here it is in case you have not seen it yet.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
gaisorg.jpg

Is this considered a scan? I got it from Jefusion

This is that purple guy that they're fighting in that video, Gaisorg. Such an early reveal for most likely an extra Ranger.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is that purple guy that they're fighting in that video, Gaisorg. Such an early reveal for most likely an extra Ranger.

Nah, it's from the site for the Sentai Battle Special. The text for him there notes the similarities with the Ryusoulger and says that he's targeting the Super Sentai warriors for some reason in the special, but doesn't make his story clear. His name is some variation of "Gaisorg".

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 19

Quiz suit looks cheap. I know those Future Riders are recycled from older suits, but at least Shinobi looks decent. Well, he'll have some Gaiden episodes, so his suit got a bit more work, I guess.

And hey, even fake main Riders have dad problems.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think part of what helps Shinobi is that the Ghost parts he reuses were originally transparent, so having color and detail gives them a very different look. With Quiz, he looks way too much he came right out of Ex-Aid due to that chest.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
is it weird if i can't tell what parts Shinobi is reusing from Ghost?

I mean, with Quiz i can instantly tell the head was made from Ghost's parts, but can't tell the rest

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
is it weird if i can't tell what parts Shinobi is reusing from Ghost?

I mean, with Quiz i can instantly tell the head was made from Ghost's parts, but can't tell the rest

Shinobi's entire body armor is straight from Ghost, but he has a modded Rideplayer helmet and repainted Rideplayer shoulders. Even the helmet only actually had the double kunai added to it. Everything else was just repainted (although the internal eyes inside the "glasses" were changed too, and I'm not sure what they did there, if it's just a sticker over the actual eyes or if they actually changed the material).

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
LuPat 49

Really liked what they did with the reds here. This is the kind of thing that makes the Vs. idea be worthwhile. Keichiro is one of the best reds in ages, for sure - a good mix of many of the good qualities in classic reds.

That's... a lot of destruction. Even some blood! The stakes are pretty high. Some pretty cool editing too. This series may be able to stick the landing pretty well, after all.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
so from what im reading about these scans...

Another Kikai is Wool and Zi-O II's power is what summons Kikai to their timeline. Maybe this means that Zi-O II has time warping powers?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
so from what im reading about these scans...

Another Kikai is Wool and Zi-O II's power is what summons Kikai to their timeline. Maybe this means that Zi-O II has time warping powers?

I haven't seen the bit about Kikai getting summoned to their timeline. The scans I've seen only show Kikai by himself, never interacting with the main cast - kind of like Shinobi's Rider version (rather than his younger self). Interestingly though, we do get a plot summary of Kikai's pseudo-series unlike the previous two - Year 2121, earth fell to the Mechanical Life form "Humanoids". A young "mecha human" fights to protect the remnants of humanity, Kamen Rider Kikai. The "Humanoids" look just like humans and Kikai is shown facing several people.

Zi-O II's powers are said to be controlling the past and future. "The Birth of a New King!" "I can see your future...!" His Ridewatch is created when two RideWatches from different worlds are fused together.

Both Mirror Shinji/Ryuga and Mirror Sogo Zi-O are said to be born from the darkness of their hearts. Ryuga's profile also specifies that he was born in the timeline where Shinji didn't become a Rider due to the Rider Battle being erased.

Status
Not open for further replies.