• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zi-oh 19;

Ouch, wasn't expecting Hora to get blasted like that. Poor girl.

Quiz's suit also looks good, though it's a shame that in 2040 fake main rider are still male.

I don't think we will ever get a main rider who is female.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh, nice, so the whole time travel thing will only get messier, lol.

Can we please get Another Kabuto from the God Speed Love timeline please?

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I haven't seen the bit about Kikai getting summoned to their timeline. The scans I've seen only show Kikai by himself, never interacting with the main cast - kind of like Shinobi's Rider version (rather than his younger self). Interestingly though, we do get a plot summary of Kikai's pseudo-series unlike the previous two - Year 2121, earth fell to the Mechanical Life form "Humanoids". A young "mecha human" fights to protect the remnants of humanity, Kamen Rider Kikai. The "Humanoids" look just like humans and Kikai is shown facing several people.

Zi-O II's powers are said to be controlling the past and future. "The Birth of a New King!" "I can see your future...!" His Ridewatch is created when two RideWatches from different worlds are fused together.

Both Mirror Shinji/Ryuga and Mirror Sogo Zi-O are said to be born from the darkness of their hearts. Ryuga's profile also specifies that he was born in the timeline where Shinji didn't become a Rider due to the Rider Battle being erased.

Turns out i misread something and Zi-O II is not tied to how Kikai ends up there. =P
Interesting to see that they actually made a premise for Kikai compared to the other 2, i wonder if he'll be more fleshed out than the others?
Zi-O II having time controlling powers is interesting too, also it was kind of expected but the Ridewatch being a fusion of two parallel Ridewatches sort of hints to them creating a third timeline in the end.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupat 49

I have just noticed that The Pats still not met Kogure yet.
bRqBex6l.jpg

This scene look like will lead to scan
Karii gave all collection to The Pats
HOpeGVWl.jpg

if they can't crack the safe ? How they gonna steal collection and win dogranio ?
e0nzKJTl.jpg

So Lupins loved ones was just Zamigo random after all ?
because He no idea why Lupins target him until he read lupins loved ones memory
EKwUhihl.jpg

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I finished watching OOO yesterday and started watching Fourze now.
It was good. I liked Os design and powers more than Double. His last form was awesome. Though they all have silly names, and the insert songs didn't blow me away. Some of the regular themes were a bit too goofy for me as well, though it did have some really strong emotional themes.
The Eiji/Hina/Ankh relation was really good, especially towards the end. Great side cast too.
Also greatly enjoyed how everyone had lots of different outfits, regular clothes and even outright costumes in the Cous Coussier. Love stuff like that.
Talking about clothes, I like how the Greed's regular clothes were color-coded (Ankh's single red sleeve on all his outfits is ace) and the color-coded curtains/clothes (very in your face during the Greed meetings, but also Ankh's bed sheet was red and from the same material) and the color-coded lighting. Very neat touches.
I'm a bit puzzled about what Kougami's plan actually was in the end. It felt somewhat unsatisfying on that front. The Greeds as antagonists also let me a bit down at the end. Their desires and betrayels were interesting to watch for sure to an extent, but I felt there could have been more done with them. But it felt like a sideshow compared to the stuff between Ankh and Eiji (and to an extent Hina) anyway, so I'm not too fussed. I guess what I'm saying is I like the personal connections between the good guys an bad guys like in W and there wasn't really anything like that with the Greed.

Fourze has pretty much already grabbed me from the first episode though. Gentarou is awesome. The music great. I very much enjoy the setting.
And if I'd known it had an insert song like this:

I might have wanted to watch it way sooner :P

She sounds like Mizuki Nana, but isn't. :thinking:

Anyway, I've now watched a hundred Kamen Rider episodes this year, christ.

Last edited:

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Fourze is fine. It's got a lot to like, but it takes so long to get going since they have to gather all the cast together.

Drive suffers a bit like that in the beginning, when they were still trying to figure out what to do with everyone.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched Fourze, W, and OOO in like a single month haha.

EDIT: Quiz's debut was pretty hype. Suit isn't as cool as Shinobi but I loved the "True or False?" gimmick.

Why you guys surprised it's a 2-parter though when every Zi0O episode has been?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
When are you going to watch Agito, Ascheroth?
I haven't really decided yet what to watch after Fourze.
My inital plan was to just work my way forward, but right now I'm thinking of maybe watching some older ones after Fourze. Someone recommended me Ryuki, so I was planning on that one.
Looking at Wikipedia, Ryuki is right after Agito, so I'd probably watch Agito => Ryuki then. I'll see.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really decided yet what to watch after Fourze.
My inital plan was to just work my way forward, but right now I'm thinking of maybe watching some older ones after Fourze. Someone recommended me Ryuki, so I was planning on that one.
Looking at Wikipedia, Ryuki is right after Agito, so I'd probably watch Agito => Ryuki then. I'll see.
Maybe watch some sentai in between riders, I tend to lose interest in a franchise if I watch too much of it in a row, switching it up helps imo.

Oct 28, 2017
OZC Live has been slowly doing Kyoryuger's blu-ray release, so you can watch it in lovely high quality, free of all the TV timestamping.

Oct 25, 2017
Dreadfully behind on the latest Toku episodes. Gotta redownload a bunch of them too. Ah well...

No Power Rangers Beast Morphers yet. Not until at least March. Hmmm.

Also, Linkara is releasing his Ninja Steel video in May.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Linkara's videos used to be my jam but I guess I've grown past watching ranty angry youtubers, unless his tone has changed these past years.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 20

I hope this is all for daddy issues this season, lol. It's strange seeing Sougo being an even barely competent "detective". And hey, we're getting the movie watches too, now! Hope we still get an arc for those Riders (and Drive).

I really like those future Riders, the sentai actors are doing a pretty good job in their arcs.

Oh yeah, that Woz entry at the end was very cool too! That's something I kinda expected from a .5 episode, good to see they doing things like those into the main series too.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It made me laugh how Shi-Woz (white Woz) just walked up and punched Geiz out haha.

That actor is a treasure. I love how he completely does a different job playing Shi-Woz compared to Ku-Woz, like the latter was always sort of mysterious and probably evil but kind of veered towards "he doesn't seem so bad" . The new Woz is just a flat out asshole in an amazing way.

I kind of suspect that Ku-Woz is still holding more cards than he lets on and Shi-Woz is actually being used by him as opposed to the other way around.

And oh, where's Decade? They didn't resolve his plot in the movie, did they?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Nah. He just has a in-suit voice cameo in the movie. He'll show up in the series at some point again since he didn't get flowers. For what's worth, they mention him in the newest episode. He told the Time Jackers about the Mirror World.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
If i remember correctly he said something about wanting a true fight with Zi-O, that's why he gave him the Decade watch. Im sure he'll come back eventually when Zi-O is strong enough to duel with him.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised the Patrangers are seemingly getting the last episodes to themselves in terms of the fight

Last two episodes were really good. The direction of 49 was all over the place in a good way. Shame the rest of the series couldn't have been this good

Oct 25, 2017
Zi-O 20
Me during the first half of this episode:
This arc falling flat because the whole point of contention is that they need to defeat Quiz to get his Watch and then defeat Another Quiz.

There's two problems with that. First, they could just... let Quiz beat Another. He is on their time already, and proved to be stronger than both. Why not? Second, and more important... we still have no idea how Rider Watches are created. Until now, they either magically appeared or were fruit of some weird time paradox where Sougo gave a blank (?) Watch to a Rider so they could give a full powered Watch to him in 2018. But now, suddenly, there's no Watch (which, kinda ok, since Quiz is from not only the future, but a split timeline, though they never explained that - and it still does not explain how some past Watches just appeared), it will only come into existence if Quiz is defeated, which is a something that we never heard about until now.

To make matters worse, there's a second conflict that is discovering who will beat Quiz, Geiz or Zi-O, therefore conquering his Watch. Which again makes no sense because they share their Watches all the time (and, heck, they are kept unguarded on Sougo's house anyway). It would be a conflict only if White Woz defeated him and kept the Watch like he did with Shinobi. They threw that nonsense about whoever defeats him will establish which timeline comes to fruition in the last episode but that is rubbish. Quiz was not part of Oma Zi-O timeline, and is only part of Geiz Revive timeline in the future, not before he becomes Revive. One could say that defeating Quiz now would make his timeline "more real" since that meant that he actually exists in the future to come back and be defeated but... Then it does not matter who defeats him, and he coming back and White Woz coming back are already proof enough of their own future. It's all sorts of paradoxical nonsense over rules that were never established anyway.

Of course, this could all be White Woz lying and manipulating everybody to further his own agenda, but then not only they all believed him instantly, Black Woz supported his argument to Sougo, and I see no reason, in terms of script, as to why we need more excuses to Geiz to go against Zi-O. And White Woz could just write all this shit on his magical tablet anyway (easily the worst thing introduced into the plot so far). This is pure padding.

Why is your writing so bad, Zi-O?

And then after the final fight:
Oh, look, in the end both things I thought happened (letting Quiz beat Another Quiz, White Woz doing the job). Except the Rider Watch rules keep being non existent with White Woz creating the Quiz Watch in two seconds without the need to fight Quiz at all! So what was the point of everything again?
To show that Geiz and Sougo are more friends than enemies and real heroes who didn't want to fight Quiz? Didn't we get enough frenemies episodes at this point, and wouldn't this be better without the faux drama of who going to do wut geiz and sougo never talk to each other!!1? Heck, both even talked to Tsukuyomi (Geiz, off screen, of course) and she did nothing, because who would thought she can do anything past episode 2.

It was a two parter of convoluted plans for no good reason with the most obvious ending.

Much like Ghost, it feels like all that happens is to show how great and kind Sougo is even though it's completely unearned. Zzzz.

But hey, at least we are getting double the Woz and I liked the directing in this episode!

Decade straight up mentioned that he has his own plans that go against the Time Jacker's and he wasn't sure what to do at the moment. He's taking a time out to observe what happens.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
To show that Geiz and Sougo are more friends than enemies and real heroes who didn't want to fight Quiz? Didn't we get enough frenemies episodes at this point, and wouldn't this be better without the faux drama of who going to do wut geiz and sougo never talk to each other!!1? Heck, both even talked to Tsukuyomi (Geiz, off screen, of course) and she did nothing, because who would thought she can do anything past episode 2.
The point was to show how ruthless White Woz is and how he doesn't care even about what Geiz thinks. His "savior" seems to be just a cold ruthless weapon to him. This isn't really just highlighting Sogo, since Geiz was going in the same direction from the start this time. The newest episode, still unsubbed, pushes that in an even more obvious way, with
White Woz now being shown willing to kill an innocent for the greater good.

Still, a bunch of odd events happened in this arc (Quiz and Another Quiz at the same time without Quiz getting erased, Quiz defeating Another Quiz but not breaking his Watch, Woz gets Quiz power but his memories and belt remain, unlike what Sogo and Geiz feared) and nothing was explained, which feels sloppy. They even brought up the oddity of Quiz not being erased last week, but there was no answer or further questioning here. I guess there's a chance they'll deal with that in the Kikai arc though.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Oops, I accidentally wrote Zi-O backwards on this Ride Watch...better put it on the Bandai Premium store!"

I see you Bandai with that Mirror Zi-O watch...

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
LuPat 50

Now this was a good episode. Wish some of this happened earlier, like much in this series, but eh, it was good nonetheless. The Zamigo fight was pretty good too. Nice to see Kairi being anything but angsty too.

Are they really really focusing the next episode on the Patrangers? Will they get their time to shine? I doubt it, but the preview makes me hopeful! They'll even get the helmetless roll call! (Well, the thieves got theirs a few episodes ago, I guess)

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Lupin vs Pato 50
It's good episode but Zamigo fight kind of anticlimax.
Noel sundenly explain that Triggers can locked ganglers safe to unable them to use their power (or collection ?)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe because everyone else but Black have bangs but Red's forehead distracts me.

Also Go-Onger vibes as it seems like Green and Black join later.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like that their roll call uses the swords, just like Shinkenger.

Shinkenger's used them more interestingly though.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Zi-O rumors going around...

The two Woz apparently become a single Rider, Tsukuyomi becomes a Rider, and there's a villain Rider who uses the power of evil Riders like Cronus and Evol. That's pretty fucking cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up; O-T released Zi-O 21.

Since we have some new people in the thread, I am posting the link to our Discord. Quote me to see it!

Aaaaand, about Ryusoulger, this is a nice and short video about the director:

Oct 28, 2017
So Zi-O rumors going around...

The two Woz apparently become a single Rider, Tsukuyomi becomes a Rider, and there's a villain Rider who uses the power of evil Riders like Cronus and Evol. That's pretty fucking cool.

The Tsukuyomi rumour is coming from a listing of her Ridewatch as a toy. It's probably just gonna be P-Bandai, considering it was already "shown" in the .5 episodes. Also the Woz thing is from a Miride watch called "Gemini". Could be another future Rider. Dunno about the evil Rider thing though.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We gonna have a new OT when Ryusoulger drops like we did on the old site when Sentai hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.