• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
We gonna have a new OT when Ryusoulger drops like we did on the old site when Sentai hit?

Yes, I'll try to get the new OT ready for the Sentai special, in two weeks. If you guys want to help, you can suggest:

- OT name ideas
- Sentai, PR, Rider, Ultraman, Garo and Other series suggestions.
- Maybe some questions for a FAQ?
- If you want to help with any graphics, help with gifs or anything, feel free!

I'll probably not get everything suggested on the OT, but I'll try to at least change a few of the suggestions on the OT.

OP
OP
ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'll try to get the new OT ready for the Sentai special, in two weeks. If you guys want to help, you can suggest:

- OT name ideas

I'll probably not get everything suggested on the OT, but I'll try to at least change a few of the suggestions on the OT.
For suggestions, you can just copy the OP. Maybe have a question about newcomers and what they should watch first.

Oct 28, 2017

- OT name ideas

You should probably include Tokusatsu GaGaGa in the first post. You should also put this Kamen Rider guide into the OP post, as it includes a short summary of every series and can help people decide on what they might find interesting: https://kamenriderguide.weebly.com/. Also provides the names of groups that have subbed them too.

There's also a Sentai guide too. A bit out of date but it still works: https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/releases/super-sentai-guide/

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish we knew the name of the next era of Japan so we could use that in the O-T...I mean, it really is a new ERA.

"Toku ERA 2019 |OT| We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story!"

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The Tsukuyomi rumour is coming from a listing of her Ridewatch as a toy. It's probably just gonna be P-Bandai, considering it was already "shown" in the .5 episodes. Also the Woz thing is from a Miride watch called "Gemini". Could be another future Rider. Dunno about the evil Rider thing though.

The .5 episode actually didn't use the actual Tsukuyomi listing from the belt, it was a different one using Geiz's jingle and just "Tsuku" rather than "Tsukuyomi".

Either way though, I don't think those new toy listings are confirmed yet, so it's all a rumor at this point.

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yep, I'll add something about Tokusatsu GaGaGa in the series, great idea!

About the guides, I'll check with a moderator before, since they include links to subs, and that's kinda of a legal gray area, but if they say it's fine, I'll add them too! And yeah, some links to tokusatsu news is probably a good idea too, I remember being kinda lost when I started following toku news.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm watching the Kiva Movie and...okay, is it me or does Kouhei Takeda look like he aged in reverse from playing Otoya to Grease?

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
According to Matt Hunt's twitter the previous rumor is fake, this is what's apparently coming in the next quarter's toy catalogue:

- DX Woz Ginga Miraide Watch
- Zi-O Trinity Ride Watch (Fuses Zi-O, Geiz and Woz into a single Rider)
- Grand Zi-O Ride Watch (golden form themed after a buddhist altar, filled with "statues" of old legend riders with a mini Zi-O at the helmet. Likely to be Zi-O's ultimate form)

Regarding Ryusoulger:
- 6th team member is RyuSoul Gold, who is themed after a Mosasaurus and uses a gun to transform, also has a unique sword.
- KishiRyuOh coming in April, fusion of all 5 base mechs

This really is Kyoryuger 2 lol

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
According to Matt Hunt's twitter the previous rumor is fake, this is what's apparently coming in the next quarter's toy catalogue:

- DX Woz Ginga Miraide Watch
- Zi-O Trinity Ride Watch (Fuses Zi-O, Geiz and Woz into a single Rider)
- Grand Zi-O Ride Watch (golden form themed after a buddhist altar, filled with "statues" of old legend riders with a mini Zi-O at the helmet. Likely to be Zi-O's ultimate form)

Regarding Ryusoulger:
- 6th team member is RyuSoul Gold, who is themed after a Mosasaurus and uses a gun to transform, also has a unique sword.
- KishiRyuOh coming in April, fusion of all 5 base mechs

This really is Kyoryuger 2 lol

Those descriptions are still suspicious too since they're just based on 5ch posts that appeared AFTER the initial toy listings. Only the actual toys are confirmed.

Also, Trinity is for March, Ginga for April and Grand for June.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It's so ugly you guys

Looks familiar.
latest
Same energy.

Oct 25, 2017
Who wore it better? Gokai Silver Gold Mode, Fourze Cosmic States, Ghost Grateful, Decade Complete or Grand Zi-O?

Oh, I forgot about Build Genius!

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Grand Zi-O will depend heavily on the suit itself and what kind of gold paint it uses.

Edit: There's also a picture of Woz Ginga out too.

The text actually says that it has three form changes too. Also note the small Kamen Rider Ginga on the bottom. He seems to use a Ghost helmet with Meteor Storm's neck piece and possibly chest.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
And the last form from the guide (this comes in March though, it's not the final form, more like RabbitRabbit/TankTank).

He uses the power of Zi-O, Geiz and Woz through that new Ride Watch. It's not actually confirmed that they're fusing.

Last edited:

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
upon first look:
"This is the most gaudy shit ever ewwww"
5 secs later:

"KUUGA IS DOING A THUMBS UP ON HIS SHOULDER, GRAND ZI-O REDEEMED."

Woz Ginga looks ok.

I don't know how to feel about Trinity. It doesn't seem to fit the theme of the show at all, and i don't really get why these 3 specifically would fuse/join their powers and what would they gain with it considering most of the time they just borrow the power of other riders.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Full page pics of the catalogues, includes a toy showing the full design of Zi-O's next forms.

JCHnjg1.jpg

WWTvVm9.jpg

It seems like Black Woz might take the Woz suit. considering the shot with Zi-O Trinity on a throne? Woz Ginga's other forms are Sun (Taiyou) and Planet (Wakusei)

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
Who wore it better? Gokai Silver Gold Mode, Fourze Cosmic States, Ghost Grateful, Decade Complete or Grand Zi-O?

Oh, I forgot about Build Genius!

i personally liked Ghost Grateful and Fourze Cosmic States the most
others just felt way to builky
and Build Genius kinda creeped me out

EDIT: just judging by those images posted, not sure how i feel on anything except for Ginga.

Also, watching the Ryusoulger stage thinng that got posted in the LupPat thread, I'm gonna have that henshin stuck in my head for so long

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Morphers toys are getting revealed. Looks like Dark Buster is in from the jump as his figure is in the spring line. The Morpher is also incorporating a key aspect. I'd link, but I'm on mobile.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Zi-O 2 feels like he's already stronger than most Riders' final forms. Tons of these powers probably will be mostly ignored, but it will be interesting how they attempt to make the following forms somehow look superior.

So a Kikai is...Kikaider.
He's even wearing Kikaider's civilian outfit too (for the 70s show, not the reboot, even though it's the reboot actor).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What kinda powers Zi-O II packing?

He can manipulate the past, changing events in the present
He can see the future to foresee attacks
He slices the air and connects with the enemy
His finisher is a huge beam sword
He can ignore special abilities or resistances - basically slicing right through Ryuga's reflection abilities without suffering a counterattack and even breaking his watch without using Ryuga's or Ryuki's power.

Last edited:

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Is Zi-O going to be airing a whole year? I seem to remember a rumor saying it will be shorter than usual.

And LvP just ended today, right? I want to know if there's going to be a handshake to RyosoulRed or not, considering next week is the start of the 4 week special instead of Ryosoulger.

Edit: Just watched the last episode. Either there's no handshake sign-off, or the site I watched on got cut off early. Okay ending I guess.

Kairi, Touma, and Umika we're trapped there for a whole year 😭 So their loved ones were the Lupinranger while they were absent

Last edited:

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That April rumor never made much sense for me, because of the toy schedule. If it wasn't for that, I would believe it could be true, lol.

Oh, and Kikaider being Kikai makes sense, heh. And he was on LuPat, so still keeps the ex-sentai actor thing. So, which Kyuranger will Ginga be? Lucky? Stinger?

Zi-O 21

So, Decade is still a thing here! Cool, hope he is in this until the end, or at least close to it.

Since I never watched Ryuki, but I kinda know the concept. It's a cool way of using the mirror world. Also, did Ryuki use many plastic chairs? Lots of them this episode, heh.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, and Kikaider being Kikai makes sense, heh. And he was on LuPat, so still keeps the ex-sentai actor thing. So, which Kyuranger will Ginga be? Lucky? Stinger?

He clearly was chosen for this role due to playing reboot Kikaider though. If anything, I still say the actual main connection is that they all worked with Takebe before. Shinobi was from Ninninger and Quiz from Go-Busters, while Kikaider Reboot had a Gaim episode.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
He clearly was chosen for this role due to playing reboot Kikaider though. If anything, I still say the actual main connection is that they all worked with Takebe before. Shinobi was from Ninninger and Quiz from Go-Busters, while Kikaider Reboot had a Gaim episode.

Of course it was, I mean, he uses the original Kikaider clothes, lol. It's just that the Sentai Actor thing is still true.

Kenta from Megaranger, please. I don't care that he's old as fuck.

Hmm... He was on Gokaiger, and that was... oh, 7 years ago. Damn.

But yeah, he could work as an older Rider, but Ginga doesn't give me those vibes. Well, Ginga could be one of the new Space Sheriffs or something. Or Sota Fukushi, who finally got some free time to show up.

It won't be him, of course. But it could be someone secondary to Fourze too.

Status
Not open for further replies.