TokuEra 2019 |OT| Are we all dancing to the tune of a toy company?

OP
OP
Tiu Neo

Tiu Neo

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoul 13

Ohhh, now the plot is getting good. I kinda forgot the knights were so old, lol. They didn't think this through, I mean, if she dies, how can she tell them about their master? Anyway, I wonder if he's Gaisorg or something. That is, if Gold isn't Gaisorg.

Also, holy hell, this Victim of the Week's problem was that it just wanted to die but can't, whoa.

The mechs bounding was such a fun scene! Very good mech battle, too.

NeonZ

Oct 28, 2017

First trailer for Ryusoulger's movie and Over Quartzer, described as the true final chapter of Zi-O.

In the Ryusoulger movie, they go to the dinosaur age and the secrets of the origin of the ryusoul tribe are revealed, alongside a giant Minosaur in the present.

In the Zi-O movie, they go back to the Sengoku era and meet Oda Nobunaga to stop Krim's ancestor from being erased, which would also erase Drive and Mach. Other scenes show the appearance of the "Quartzer", the rulers of history and apparently Woz's true faction - with the similar outfits and now the reveal that he seemingly betrays Sogo and the others for them. That part of the trailer where Sogo is angrily lashing out he's talking about how he stole the Rider's powers.

The final scene ends with Woz rejoicing the birth of Sogo as the true great demon king, with the final shot in the clock room afterwards featuring him describing this as the last page in Heisei Rider history.

Last edited:

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any report yet on how Ryusoulger is doing, ratings and/or toys sales wise? I kinda dropped it a few weeks ago (didn’t have time really), but just resumed it, and i’m still enjoying it.

Also, Asuna is the cutest Pink Ranger. Her character’s adorable.

chaobreaker

Oct 27, 2017
I brought this up before re: Ultraman Taiga but the show is due in July and they haven't shown any footage of the cast since its announcement. ICYMI the original actress for the main heroine role had to be replaced in order to not piss of China. She starred in some docu-drama about a Taiwan president.

If I'm reading this translated tweet right, Tsuburaya allegedly have to reshoot over four months worth of footage because of the recast.

NeonZ

Oct 28, 2017
As far as Ryusoulger goes, once you compare the report for the 9 months of the last fiscal year and the one for the full fiscal year, you get the first quarter of Ryusoulger moving 2.1 billion yens. Here are numbers of the previous series for comparison (all taken from the Bandai financial reports, but split and added up based on the currently running series).

It's rather low, but there is an issue. Due to the beginning of the series getting moved, while most shows there had two months airing for the first financial quarter (or rather, last one of the previous year), Ryusoulger only had one month. So, if the sales could keep those numbers for another month, rather than falling quickly like usual, it could be doing well overall. However, Bandai's expectations for the next year would only put Ryusoulger around Ninninger and Zyuohger numbers if they're correct, and they were writen after they saw the data for its first month, so its numbers might not really be anything special.

Last edited:

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Meteor is accurately expressing all of my feelings toward the Fourze crew since he showed up. The villain design for this season is on point though.