• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
The MMPR comic book is great, and I'll stand by it any day. I think they just started a new arc, following the conclusion of "Beyond the Grid," which was pretty solid.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read anything since the end of Shattered Grid, more or less. Kinda burned myself out of comics in general, but PR is one of the few I'm very much looking forward to going back to.

Oct 28, 2017
Just got done watching Zi-O 40. Pretty good episode. I'm getting ever more convinced that Ohma Zi-O has set this whole thing up to convince his past self to get stronger to avert some sort of disaster, that its all been some sort of test for Sougo so far.

Oct 25, 2017
8haVzO0.jpg

Best frame of the episode right here.

Just got done watching Zi-O 40. Pretty good episode. I'm getting ever more convinced that Ohma Zi-O has set this whole thing up to convince his past self to get stronger to avert some sort of disaster, that its all been some sort of test for Sougo so far.
Can always be some bullshit about Oma needing the power of all Riders, including of a fully powered Zi-O, to achieve his true potential or whatever.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The movie scans had very few story spoilers, but it did have one bit of info about a certain Watch that seems like it might be really relevant for Zi-O in general.

It said that the Oma Watch is created by Sogo's desire to help the world. So, I''ll be really surprised at this point if Oma Zi-O is really evil. He most likely just failed to save the world.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
yep grand zi-o is hype as heck. the whole rolecall of every rider belt. Damn is it good. Also the suit gives me King Form vibes which is one of my favorite forms.

Shame we never got rider forms of later riders though... are there toys for like den-o, kabuto etc?

Hope we get some meat in the battle with ohma zi-o next eps, just to give a good taste before the finale, but it seems like its gonna jump to the next story beat pretty quick.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
yep grand zi-o is hype as heck. the whole rolecall of every rider belt. Damn is it good. Also the suit gives me King Form vibes which is one of my favorite forms.

Shame we never got rider forms of later riders though... are there toys for like den-o, kabuto etc?

Yep. Agito to Kiva Armors all have toys, but only in the cheapest figurine line.

20190113163201-440x587.jpg

20190113163238-440x587.jpg

20181024183713-440x587.jpg

20181010184249-440x587.jpg

000000225435YdaQpbWivXoSu0euCsjio7V6Rk8XLhDd8Web-product-main.jpg

Disappointingly though, they didn't have any presence in the Ganbarizing card arcade game until recently and even then they added Den-O Armor as support, so none of them have finisher animations of their own. In previous years, Ganbarizing always had many exclusive forms and finishers, but they were very cheap with Zi-O.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So the reason OOOs kicks never landed was he kept getting interrupted by ZI-0

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 40

Now that was a bait and switch, haha. And hey, they remembered they have time traveling machines too! We even got possessed Woz! I like Deneb. Maybe I should watch Den-O someday, heh.

Ok, I like Grand Zi-O. The Henshin with every jingle somehow works? And yeah, while the whole "every form in one" is always messy, at least the suit being all gold, instead of multicolored like some past forms, makes it look fine in action.

In the end, it was all MISUNDERSTANDINGS, of course.

Well, no Drive arc, then. I hope the movie at least makes it some justice, it's bad enough that W got shafted the way it did. Only Another Riders missing are him and Decade, right? I wonder if we'll get to see untransformed Oma next arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Zi-O 40

Boy that was indulgent. Another example that Riders can survive comic book universes.
Momotaros Woz was hilarious, as well as the comment about how noisy Rider belts are now.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Boo, seems like the GoGoV 20th Anniversary thing is basically a convention hall event cast panel. Still really cool that they're doing something, given the circumstances behind it, but I had gotten way too hyped over the possibility of an actual 20 Years After special.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, after a few weeks of business I'm finally back to my usual schedule. That means I gotta catch up with some episodes of Zi-O/Ryusoul.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoulger 15

So, Canalo thinks the land Ryusouls are evil, huh? Gotta have some misunderstandings on sentai too, I guess. That or the whole Ryusoul tribe story just got way more interesting.

Great untransformed fight scenes for Canalo. Good to see plastic chairs and tables make a comeback after so many years, too. Actually, to be fair, everyone had some great fight scenes this episode! Some great action direction and camera work, too. That transformation sequence and roll call was top notch too.

The mech setpiece was also great - Water! It's been quite some time since we last saw that. Some good model work too.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you think they came up with the concept for the next Rider before it was revealed the name of the era would be Reiwa and then they named the Rider to pun on it?

Like I was under the assumption the new name of the era was a secret but I assume the Rider has to be developed quite a bit ahead?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
3 2 1
TIGER HAWK GRASSHOPPER
SHABADOOBIE TOUCH TO HENSHIN

Grand Zi-O is So ridiculous and I love it

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Do you think they came up with the concept for the next Rider before it was revealed the name of the era would be Reiwa and then they named the Rider to pun on it?

Like I was under the assumption the new name of the era was a secret but I assume the Rider has to be developed quite a bit ahead?

I think the trademark request was made some days after the era was revealed, so they probably had three names, one for each candidate.

Oct 25, 2017
Since we shall be getting new Kamen Rider info in a couple weeks, I am here to remind you of some great moments in the final years of Heisei:

Goofy Ex Aid and its pure innocent moment playing with cool friend Pallad

Average police officer practicing his handgun skills in the standard shooting range environment; notice the unorthodox blank bullet casings used

Evil scientist doing his monologue before attacking the hero for not misusing the science for devilish experiments like himself

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know there were choices for the era name.

Anyway I always remember the first toy catalog leak for the new Rider being around July 4th..

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So...I don't know the full story but I saw mention that Aqua is gonna be in Zi-O?!!

There is a set picture showing Aqua's suit at least. We don't know about his actor or how big his role will be.

Also magazine scans for episode 44, reveal that
someone comes from a new future to send Geiz and Tsukuyomi back to the future because apparently their prolonged stay in the past will cause a disaster. It doesn't say who is that person though.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a set picture showing Aqua's suit at least. We don't know about his actor or how big his role will be.

Also magazine scans for episode 44, reveal that
someone comes from a new future to send Geiz and Tsukuyomi back to the future because apparently their prolonged stay in the past will cause a disaster. It doesn't say who is that person though.
<<<<<EXCITE>>>>>

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

So it looks like we're close to getting officially subbed Kamen RIder and merch in the west and this survey is important.

I wonder if the "exciting news" is offiical Zero-One subs.

Oct 28, 2017
The big deal about the survey is that Bluefin are the official western side for Bandai. That means this info goes direct to them, and doesn't just get lost in the mix.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally my first impression of Zi-O 41 and probably the most important thing in the whole episode less than 2 minutes in
THEY GAVE US DRIVE MAXIMUM SPIDER AGAIN

Oct 25, 2017
Took that survey. Hope it goes somewhere.

Zi-O 41

We're deep into the fanservice.
Going to be interesting to see how Hiryuu is beaten... all these powers this season are crazy.

Ryusoulger 15

"I'm 103 years old" Oh Japan...
Interesting that there's multiple Ryusoul tribes, and there's a big conflict. Wonder what that's about... If there's a sky tribe then it's aping Goseiger too..

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sougo has the exact same power as Zi-O II. He just stopped using it as plot convenience, of course.

There's like three sources of time/reality altering abilities in this show lmao

Sogo can't just rewrite reality though (at least not as an active power yet, apparently he does have this power consider the whole "future Riders were dreamed up by him" reveal), Another Zi-O 2 can outright change the world like he wishes, not just reverse things, which is why he could bring back the Another Riders without just sending the battle back to the beginning (which would mean that the other Riders wouldn't be tired out by that).

Last edited:
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's probably just toys for now, but who knows? They are probably going to stream the series someday. I hope worldwide like Ultraman was before Tsuburaya shit the bed.

Zi-O 41

So, there's still some hope for Drive! Not much, it's probably just a movie exclusive, but... Anyway, Hiryu is back, eh. Don't care much for him. Also, didn't expect to see real weapons on a Rider ever again, lol.

Woz changing sides like he is a secondary Rider, lol. It's probably all a plan or something, but eh. Next episode is going to be a big one.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So, there's still some hope for Drive! Not much, it's probably just a movie exclusive, but... Anyway, Hiryu is back, eh. Don't care much for him. Also, didn't expect to see real weapons on a Rider ever again, lol.

Actually, I'll post this now since it's a week old...
YuFupJE.jpg

You can see statues for Another Drive and Another Decade, with Another Kuuga in the center. So, we're most likely getting something in the show. There aren't Another Riders or Time Jackers in the movie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Actually, I'll post this now since it's a week old...
YuFupJE.jpg

You can see statues for Another Drive and Another Decade, with Another Kuuga in the center. So, we're most likely getting something in the show. There aren't Another Riders or Time Jackers in the movie.

There was a synopsis translation (that I'm not sure if it's false or not) that said Decade would be right before the big bad, iirc, and it makes some sense. Drive... I hope there is something, but I don't want to get hyped, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.