• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I am reading it as yellow... I don't know who's write and who's wrong here 😆 .

(Also not in love with the designs but I think it's that the toy scans all kinda look mean?)

It's definitely got some yellow in it. And yeah they do haha, I kinda like a lot of the more goofy look Rider designs personally, but I can live with these designs.

The colors are bit off thanks to the camera's flash (notice how Wolf's blue changes drastically between scans), it's probably not that neon/green.

Personally I am fine but not in love with the designs (though I REALLY like 01's face). Since we aren't getting scarves, hope at least someone besides Taikawa is the lead suit actor. C'mon Toei, at least one wish.

You're probably right about the colors! Guess I'll wait until we get a proper look. I think the suit will look cool in motion for sure.

I kinda agree on the suit actor lol. I really liked the physique on Kuuga's actor, looked really cool and kinda a little more built? A change would be neat.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Zero-One's forms look cool, but his base form looks off to me. Maybe it'll look better in motion.

I'll be sad if Sentai dies next year or the year after. Just 2 years away now from their 45th anniversary.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Love all the designs, really excited for this one, getting vibes from a bunch of different shows when i look at them. lol

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say "primary". She might be around from the start, but doessn't even seem to be the actual secondary Rider (who seems to be the blue one, Vulcan).

I meant "primary" as in she'll be in the main cast and probably get a storyline or two. A Garren, Todoroki, or Snipe, rather than second tier like Drake, Saga, Mage, or Marika. Especially being third Rider in the first catalog.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
There's a female rider? Is that comfirmed or is this another "Zi-O is a woman" situation like we had last year when people jumped to conclusions?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Not confirmed, but strongly implied. Smaller than the partner, figure is posed with the tropeish inward feet, named Valkyrie.
In that case I'm cautiously optimistic she's a woman but I don't trust Toei, in Fourze the female looking Virgo was actually male and Scorpion was female. I wouldn't put it past them to put a younger male character into the Valkyrie suit.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Jin is a weird one, he doesnt seem to have a unique driver, has no DX toys and uses a key from one of Zero-One's alternate forms to transform, i wonder what's up with that

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Mentioned this in the discord but if you squint at one of the toy pics you can sort of see that Jin seems to have the same driver as Horobi because the shape on their waist is similar. So it's possible he's also a Dark Rider? or an anti hero

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
In-suit picture has improved my impression of the costume, there are some subtle elements that tie to the businessman theme I appreciate

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, this is a thing.

Legend of the White Dragon Kickstarter is live.
b4874ae6364a96712e4ad068495532f5_original.jpg

... Not gonna lie, I love the suit.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Screw that, if they want to do a trashy "dark and gritty" PR rip off they can pay for it themselves.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We more or less need to acknowledge that American Toku is never going to be a thing outside of Power Rangers, even that is small nowadays.

Oct 25, 2017
Not until people stop chasing the gritty and "realistic" dream.

Literally the only two times color coded super heroes even remotely worked in that mood you had two things:
- a ton of expensive CG
- Michael Bay

aka Transformers and TMNT.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
LLvgGpi.jpg

I'm actually disappointed by how big the shoulder pads are. They looked smaller and sleeker in the art and toy.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Same! Though every alternate form already had big shoulder pads so I was expecting this =/

Still; seems like they are experimenting with different materials? And that seems, ahem, very _lean_ to be 2019 Taikawa?
Time for Jun Watanabe or Kazuya Okada? Eitoku deserves it, but he's pretty old too.

Sure, but you know what I mean.
Yep, yep. I think it can work, but not like that. You'd essentially have to do a superhero adventure with a focus around martial arts and an ensemble cast. I'd actually leave the giant robot part behind.

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Jun Watanabe or Kazuya Okada? Eitoku deserves it, but he's pretty old too.
There's a lot of good options! I would like to see Satoshi Fujita (Lazer, Nico, Mariko - he also has experience with big suits as some sentai mechs and the Maximum Gamer suit), very acrobatic guy with tons of experience in all roles, female, male, villain, mech, hero. IIRC he was also one of the main Dopants in A-Z and the fights in that movie are great.

Yuji Nakata may be a natural fit (substituted Taikawa as Build in the last five or so episodes, Build/Shinobi/Quiz/Kikai in Zi-O, Lv0 Gemn and Dangerous Zombie, Mad Rogue).

Kazuya Okada would be great, he may be even superior to Taikawa at expressing through the suit - he was Uva, Gremlin, Gridon, Gold Drive, Para-DX, Blood Stalk and Evol - but he's currently Ryusoul Gold.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if someone else was Gold, he still was a good amount of the kaijins in Ryusoulger before Gold's debut, so he probably wouldn't be 01 either way =/

Status
Not open for further replies.