• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
RsELHNO.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Same producer too, who was also Build's main producer, which explains the show going with an outright sci-fi setting.

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't like the A.I.M.S Rider looks. They look like Local Heroes to me, kind of weird helmets. Just not into them. Maybe they'll look better in time.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Same producer too, who was also Build's main producer, which explains the show going with an outright sci-fi setting.

I find Kamen Riders with established/named settings (Futo, Zawame, Japan that is divided into three) are usually on the better side of Kamen Riders, so this is good news.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't really a fan of the design initially, but it's really growing on me. It was mainly the highlighter color that wasn't doing it for me, but I kinda like it now.

Ex-Aid's writer is apparently handling Zero-One.
Dang, the news keeps getting better and better. Ex-Aid and Build were definitely among the better Phase 2 seasons.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Loved that trailer, can't wait until it gets subbed. The behind the scenes crew is also super promising! Ex-Aid and Build were both top notch

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Jun Watanabe is action director for Zero One. He's the guy who has done the action direction for specials and movies, and hes also got a very long history of suit acting.

Specifically, his credits are

Assistant Action Coordinator - Accel, Eternal, Megamax, Fourze The Movie, Ultimatum
Assistant Action Director - Heisei Generations Forever
Action Director - Kamen Rider Zi-O Spin-Off Rider Time (Shinobi and Ryuki)
Action Director - Build New World Cross-Z
Action Director - Build New World Grease
Action Director - Zi-O Over Quartzer

Which is actually a pretty good track record. The weakest there is probably Rider Time Ryuki, but that clearly had limited time and budget.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really like the whole atmosphere and the characters. Feels like a continuation of what Ex-Aid and Build did for the series.

Main Rider really feels like a modern sentai red. Another bad sign for Sentai?

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Capitalism in MY Kamen Rider? Interested to see how they handle the President of a MegaCorp angle.

Liking the trailer and love the music. Henshin pose is also super good. A Jump To The Sky Turns To A Rider Kick text to speech shit is so awful that it's incredible.

So from what I understand of the unsubbed trailer is the villains are a terrorist organization trying to cause the human singularity?

Capitalism in MY Kamen Rider? Interested to see how they handle the President of a MegaCorp angle.

Liking the trailer and love the music. Henshin pose is also super good. A Jump To The Sky Turns To A Rider Kick text to speech shit is so awful that it's incredible.
Kamen Rider has tackled capitalism very often, actually.

KoroEunectes

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"A Jump to the sky turns to a Rider Kick"
Lol.
So the belt is going to give instructions about the finisher with each new form.
I hope it becomes a meme before the show even starts.
I really like the whole atmosphere and the characters. Feels like a continuation of what Ex-Aid and Build did for the series.

Main Rider really feels like a modern sentai red. Another bad sign for Sentai?
I mean they already stole MegaRed's look and seem to be given the riders robots :p
Not looking good for sentai.

I kinda like the green one better than the official version.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I know the hype is for 01 now, but...

Ryusoulger 17

Ok, I like Canalo's gimmick. And they even use it against him, heh. I also like that Towa and Bamba are still working by their own most of the times, even after joining the team. They're like the field team or something lol. Also, Bamba is legit one of the most intriguing characters. One of the best developed and with the best potential too. He was great this episode.

Pretty fun mech battle too! The talking dinos are pretty fun, unfortunately Black/Pink/Blue/Green don't do much by contrast. Oh, and it's kind of amusing how they find a different way to get Canalo wet every episode, heh.

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know the year Zero One is set yet? Could be that his dad has always been fighting this kind of war as a Rider himself, or something daft like that.

Oct 25, 2017
He lacks comedic taste because he's an Android. 🧐

Also, since people have expectations regarding Valkyrie:

I guessed she was going to be the "good cop" to Vulcan being a loose cannon that hates the Humagears, but looks like that's not the case at all.
(And no wonder she has at least one alternate form if she is the one responsible for the Driver in the first place! Hopefully that's an excuse for more later)

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Someone found which particular voice synthesizer is used for the Zero One belt:

So I decided to have some fun with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to post weekly impressions. Uuuuh: Zi-O 42-43 wow Zi-O couldn't stay good for long huh. Fuck this villain reveal/motivation. If you aren't keeping up with it, watch the Blade arc until the Den-O arc then just watch Heisei Generations Forever instead of keeping up with this bullshit. That movie RULES. What a difference when they have a director that gives a shit. On the other hand, Ryusoulger 18 absolutely rocks. Consistent characterization and gags, Kreon and Tyramigo doing their best, super nice and unpredictable twist at the end that keeps touching on certain themes regarding the Ryusoul Tribe, general lighthearted tone that doesn't go for full goof.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Forgot to post weekly impressions. Uuuuh: Zi-O 42-43 wow Zi-O couldn't stay good for long huh. Fuck this villain reveal/motivation. If you aren't keeping up with it, watch the Blade arc until the Den-O arc then just watch Heisei Generations Forever instead of keeping up with this bullshit. That movie RULES.

It had been confirmed since the Blade arc itself that Swartz was lying about making a new king (White Woz mentioned right before disappearing that they didn't know his real plan). We also knew that he was the one that gave power to the other Time Jackers since the Agito arc. This episode was just following up on stuff that had been strongly suggested before.

Last edited:

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
What was the point of Another Zi-O II having time reversal powers if he wasn't going to use them past that one episode? It was an interesting obstacle for put in front Sougo but then they just ignored it completely.

Oct 25, 2017
What? It had been confirmed since the Blade arc itself that Swartz was lying about making a new king (White Woz mentioned right before disappearing that they didn't know his real plan). We also knew that he was the one that gave power to the other Time Jackers since the Agito arc. This episode was just following up on stuff that had been strongly suggested before.
The problem is not his lying (that was being teased almost since his introduction, with Hora and Uhr always in doubt about his agenda), it's the weak ass motivation. "Buhbuhbuhb my weak sister got elected instead of me" nobody cares. The fact we spent the entire show being teased about the Time Jackers just so they are actually nothing, a ruse Swartz created to execute his plan also feels extremely disappointing.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The problem is not his lying (that was being teased almost since his introduction, with Hora and Uhr always in doubt about his agenda), it's the weak ass motivation. "Buhbuhbuhb my weak sister got elected instead of me" nobody cares. The fact we spent the entire show being teased about the Time Jackers just so they are actually nothing, a ruse Swartz created to execute his plan also feels extremely disappointing.

We already knew that he gave the powers to them and that he had plans unknown to the Time Jackers though, so it's hard to understand why you think that's surprising at all. That set up only left them in a position of lackeys, and that's what they were in the end. Although, yes, his motivation is petty, but he is a villain so I don't think it's surprising either.

The one true Time Jacker is Swartz, and we're still missing the whole deal with him setting up Sogo's situation with the accident, promise of future king and Another Riders, so it's not like they've finished the reveals yet.

What was the point of Another Zi-O II having time reversal powers if he wasn't going to use them past that one episode? It was an interesting obstacle for put in front Sougo but then they just ignored it completely.
He didn't have time reversal powers, he had time rewriting powers, it's how he changed the entire world. Bringing back destroyed Another Riders was just a very small application of that. They were just very badly used outside of setting up this arc, which is why most people seem to confuse them with time reversal powers. Either way, we saw his powers didn't work on Grand this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.