• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
About Rysoulger... Methinks it's very odd that the show has yet to introduce the leader of the Druidon Tribe.

The Druidon as an organization are pretty weak villains. Maybe they don't have a leader?

I bet Kreon will be the big bad, since he's the only one with some development. Everyone expects him to heel turn and then BAM something transforms him into the ultimate Druidon

May 13, 2019
The Druidon as an organization are pretty weak villains. Maybe they don't have a leader?
That's what I've noticed. They certainly don't behave like a group: the generals pretty much act independently and are seemingly loathed to work with each other and specially with Kreon.

I bet Kreon will be the big bad, since he's the only one with some development. Everyone expects him to heel turn and then BAM something transforms him into the ultimate Druidon
Guess that's pretty much the safest bet at this point.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Where was Narutaki during the events of ZI-O?

I still think about that a lot, haha.

My latest theory: He's actually a Kamen Rider fanboy, from across the fourth wall. He was afraid Decade would kill the franchise, and that's why he was always on his way. After he saw the franchise was saved (after that GAIM movie), he just disappeared.

Yeah, that's it.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Sougo reviving
I still think about that a lot, haha.

My latest theory: He's actually a Kamen Rider fanboy, from across the fourth wall. He was afraid Decade would kill the franchise, and that's why he was always on his way. After he saw the franchise was saved (after that GAIM movie), he just disappeared.

Yeah, that's it.

Narutaki could've been the founder of the Time Jackers.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
The Super Dead Heat Drive from Surprise Future was impressive.
Type Technic looked like ass but type formula was trash too
Grand Zi O is now the worst looking form though
Scratch that, Legend Rider Arms
tumblr_inline_pk16hj7BQ91qk32ya_400.png

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the exact same things are said every time a final form or post-series suit is shown.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this week's zero one started at about 7 and went to a 14.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, at least this will get rid of Core in games. It's always so lame how games attempt to make Core seem like a big final boss threat for multiple Riders at once when it got finished off by just and W and OOO by themselves and without even much of a struggle.

Well, at least this will get rid of Core in games. It's always so lame how games attempt to make Core seem like a big final boss threat for multiple Riders at once when it got finished off by just and W and OOO by themselves and without even much of a struggle.
That one time King OOO was an antagonist was neat. The games should take advantage of lore like that more often.

Oct 25, 2017
It is hilarious they decided to make him a bike-taur instead of incorporating the Cyclone onto his body/armor so, you know, the Another version of the first Kamen Rider ever could still Rider kick

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Horobi is an interesting inversion of Heart's character from Drive. While Heart showed concern and have sympathy towards his fellow Roidmudes, Horobi is okay with exploiting and abusing Humagears for his goals.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I guess one mystery solved, Aruto does get a hyperspeed tutorial for every new key

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
After the previous survey Bluefin is now taking preorders for the Double Driver and Lost Driver on their website. They also put up a new survey that includes questiions about belt pricing and if you would sub to a streaming service to watch Kamen Rider.

The first survey worked, so everyone should probably fill this one out as well.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I hope the questions about watching fan subs are not twisted by Toei as "enough people are watching fan subs that we should stop them and also not offer any way to watch Rider shows outside Asia"

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I hope the questions about watching fan subs are not twisted by Toei as "enough people are watching fan subs that we should stop them and also not offer any way to watch Rider shows outside Asia"

Yeaaaah... The only thing I have against this is that the stream will probably be region locked. If Toei starts coming after the subbers then, everyone outside os US/CA will get the short end of the stick for sure.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching Megaranger. Thought it was solid but far from spectacular. Started strong, then dragged some earlier on. Was pretty entertaining once it got moving again, though with some flaws.

-High School premise generally worked well, though they went a bit overboard with some of the stuff pulled earlier on re: being oblivious to secret identities, especially immediately after Carranger. At least it had a nice payoff at the end.

-Galaxy Mega is awesome and had some innovative attacks. Struck me as odd how Galaxy Mega got two different transformations but Delta Mega never gor an actual transformation sequence. Super Galaxy Mega remains maybe the franchise's coolest super gattai. And while I like Mega Voyager's throwback design, the fights definitely went downhill at that point since essentially all it could do was Voyager Spartan. The one time they wanted it to have a more dynamic fight (outside of the finale, which was pretty good), they randomly had it use Galaxy Mega's sword lol. Mega Winger was boring and useless.

-Speaking of which, I guess continued growing pains with the Sixth Hero. Yusuke was a nice contrast to the rest of the team, just weird how he was hardly there during life/planet threatening situations, especially long after plot reasons for him being unavailable were discarded.

With the exception of now needing to watch Gingaman vs Megaranger, in the last twelve months I've now watched everything from Kakuranger through Timeranger. Ranking of these series alone would probably be;

1. GoGoV
2. Kakuranger
3. Timeranger
4. Carranger
5. Gingaman
6. Megaranger
7. Ohranger

I may have enjoyed Carranger more than Timeranger; Time has really high highs but some pretty meh lows whereas Carranger is just straight cat drugs.

Will eventually circle back to Dairanger and maybe Zyuranger, but intend to move forward from Gaoranger onward next.

Status
Not open for further replies.