• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
........IT WAS A TYPO AGAIN (ノ°Д°)ノ︵ ┻━┻

why this keeps happening neo

Maybe someone planted it in your mind.

There's a magazine scan with episode summaries that reveals the next arc of Zi-O after Kiva's.

It's a Kabuto arc and Kagami is confirmed to be in those episodes, Tsukusa seems to be appearing again. A worm meteor is heading to Earth, while Sogo sees Gatack facing Another Kabuto. Meanwhile, Tsukuyomi goes after Tsukasa to learn about her identity.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love if they used this as a chance to make Hyper Gatack canon.

I can see Hyper Gatack happening if they still have the suit, and they didn't get Tendou back.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoulger 09

It's a good episode and all, but... id does remind me of a certain Kamen Rider Ghost episode. Well, this one didn't have incest, so it wins.

And finally, a Melto focus episode! And... they are already re-using monster suits, lol. But then again, it works in the context. If anything, the only complaint I have is that this episode didn't really need a mech battle, but eh. It was short, and had some fun stunts, so it's fine. But wait, the MotW... If objects have feelings, then Banba killed an innocent being? Well, at least it was different.

Also, the OST was great as always. Next episode, Asuna focus!

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 35

This is the best episode up to now?! The cameo is small, but the episode perfectly captures Kiva's style, from colors, tone, and even the transitions! The fight was pretty cool too, with Garulu, Dogga and Basshaa being used by the Another Rider. This was clearly an Inoue episode, but in a good way.

They took their time, and it feels a bit out of nowhere now, but finally Sougo is getting some characterization that's not "I want to be a King", heh. I wonder if all the remaining Another Riders will be from his past. Well, I wouldn't be to made if they were half from his past, half from the past of the series. I still want Chase to be Another Drive, somehow.

Ginga is badass, but Trinity is not that underpowered, I love that. They may have won if they were in sync or at least one of them was in full control. Woz didn't even do his presentation, of course they failed. Hell, even Another Kiva may had defeated him, if she had a manhole nearby.

Oh, yeah, Uncle also gets better and better each episode!

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Tendou was an impossible dream (evil bastards with the end of episode stinger of "Tendou" calling the Kabuto Zecter at that) but hell yeah Kagami + the Hoppers. Yagaruma is definitely Another Kabuto; the existence of whom being the only reason why Kageyama's even alive. Super damn hyped to see a Gattack henshin and Cast Off.

(Not even mentioning more DIIKEIDO)

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
On Ep32 of Build now. Just wanna say Episode 21 is probably one of the best episodes of Kamen Rider I've watched so far and I've seen all of Heisei Phase 2 up to this point. This directing and Sento's performance were so incredibly good and it was something I wasn't used to or really prepared to process for Rider. What a standout episode and incredibly emotional series of scenes. Ep29 from what I understand was also directed by whoever worked on Ep21 and the opening was really really strong. Lot's of cool stuff going on in Build even from just the direction stand point. Seems like they tried a lot of cool things with this show.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what happened to Kamihoriuchi. He directed the Gaim arc of Zi-O and then the first two episodes of Ryusoulger, but has just disappeared since then. Usually the "pilot" director of a series returns for later episodes, so far that hasn't happened with Ryusoulger and the Sentai movie is barely longer than one episode, so it can't be keeping him busy for this long. I wonder if they might actually have moved him to Kamen Rider Zero-One already?

Last edited:

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happened to Kamihoriuchi. He directed the Gaim arc of Zi-O and then the first two episodes of Ryusoulger, but has just disappeared since then. Usually the "pilot" director of a series returns for later episodes, so far that hasn't happened with Ryusoulger and the Sentai movie is barely longer than one episode, so it can't bee keeping him busy for this long. I wonder if they might actually have moved him to Kamen Rider Zero-One already?

For whatever reasons, often, I think a Sentai's "main director" may not direct all too many episodes of a series. Start thinking otherwise if he doesn't direct Gold's debut.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For whatever reasons, often, I think a Sentai's "main director" may not direct all too many episodes of a series. Start thinking otherwise if he doesn't direct Gold's debut.
They don't direct too many episodes, but if you look at the last 3 series for example, Shibasaki directed Kyuranger 1-3 and then 10-12, Sugihara directed Lupat 1-2 and then 7-8. We don't know about Gold's debut yet (episode 14), but Kamihoriuchi directed 1-2 and then nothing else so far (we have staff listings up to episode 12).

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The music in the Kiva episode was top notch.

Also the sewer cover has already become a meme.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoulger 10

While the previous few episodes were kinda meh, this one had some fine character building. Poor Asuna, nobody takes her seriously, must be hard being the girl AND the comic relief of the group.

They also got the drone camera for a scene too! Hope they use it more in the future.

Also, THAT MECHA FIGHT. More fights using the scenery please.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We finally got movie news.

Zi-O's summer movie is called "Kamen Rider Zi-O - Over Quartzer" and advertised as the true conclusion of the series. It's directed by Ryuta Tasaki (Movie Wars 2010, Movie Wars Core, Sengoku Battle). After Sogo had gathered all watches, the mysterious group "Quartzer" appeared before him. They're the administrators of history, and their appearance leads to the unveil of the true conspiracy behind the birth of the king.

DSC_5184_fixw_640_hq.jpg

DSC_5206_fixw_640_hq.jpg

DSC_5183_fixw_640_hq.jpg

The 7 members of the group DA PUMP play the members of Quartzer, and ISSA, the opening's singer, is playing the new Kamen Rider BaRX (Barukusu). In addition to that, there are also two other new Riders - ZOnJihs (Zonjisu) and Zamonas (Zamonasu). Official romanizations aren't available, but the name of the 3 new Riders seem to be plays on the names of Heisei Riders who aren't actually considered Heisei Riders - BaRX is based on Black RX with some Shadowmoon thrown in for his spiked gloves, ZOnJihs is based on ZO, J and Shin, while Zamonas is a reference to the Riders from Amazons (Alpha, Omega and Neo all mixed into one).

1558497009DSC_5217_fixw_640_hq.jpg

Ryusoulger's movie is called "Ryusoulger The Movie! Time Slip! The Dinosaur Panic!". It's directed by Kamihoriuchi. The story is about the Ryusoulger traveling to 65 million years ago, during the dinosaur age. Ryusoul Gold will also appear in the movie. The new movie characters are Yuno, a Ryusoul clan member from the ancient past who goes to the present, and Varma, Yuno's father, who is using the power of the dinosaurs to protect his village and ends up obtaining powers great enough to rule the world.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
The designs for these movie Riders are absolutely horrendous.

Also is that the Blade watch in the wrist holders of that one? Wonder if they'll actually use them, or they're just there because.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't care for the whole "the summer movie is the actual ending" thing that Toei has been doing lately.
With Ex-Aid it didn't really mean much. The summer movie took place after the series, but was basically a standalone adventure aside from the cliff hanger leading in Heisei Generations Final. Build also was initially advertised as being the climax of the series, but then it took place right before the final arc. I don't think we've seen yet a situation like Decade's where the ending of the series is basically nothing just to build up to a movie (that in Decade's case ended up so changed during production it was incompatible with the series ending anyway).

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
If BaRX didn't have the shoulder pads or Nomura chest-belt I'd be cool with it. Ditto ZOnJihs and the Missy Elliot bib/shoulder warmers.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If BaRX didn't have the shoulder pads or Nomura chest-belt I'd be cool with it. Ditto ZOnJihs and the Missy Elliot bib/shoulder warmers.

Yeah, BaRX suit is pretty much bulky Black/RX/Shadowmoon with belts and shoulder pads, I still kinda like it.

Wonder if we'll get any returning actors for this. Since the main singer is Black RX, Kotaro would be a good bet, I guess.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The designs for these movie Riders are absolutely horrendous.

Also is that the Blade watch in the wrist holders of that one? Wonder if they'll actually use them, or they're just there because.

Looking at it again, I think it might actually be a BioRider Watch (one of Black RX's form changes). I doubt these Riders will have armor changes, but they might use them for special abilities.

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Hey, is that Dr. Pacman on the Ryosoulger movie? heh

So finally watched Heisei Generations Forever and really enjoyed it, even if the CGI on this one is worse than on the Zi-O show proper. Hard to belive that they completed a trilogy that I liked, but they did it. Wonder how they are going to call the next one in the Generations series.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Synopsis have been released and the next tribute after Kabuto is...

Den-O, with the Taros confirmed to be in it. This means the last tribute is gonna be Drive, and probably the debut of Grand Zi-O.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryusoulger 10

I didn't like this episode as it felt like that Asuna barely got any character development or any focus than compare to Melto got in his episode. It honestly felt like that the character of the day got most of the character development and focus.

Zi-O 36

Despite having a cool strong woman villain, with a fetish for manhole cover...she still gets done dirty to serve as a character motivation and growth for the main male character.

Man it's frustrating seeing Riders/Sentai refusing to create strong women characters that are on the same levels as the male characters.

It's a good episode and all, but... id does remind me of a certain Kamen Rider Ghost episode. Well, this one didn't have incest, so it wins.

Whaaaa, I don't remember any incest in ghost

Synopsis have been released and the next tribute after Kabuto is...

Den-O, with the Taros confirmed to be in it. This means the last tribute is gonna be Drive, and probably the debut of Grand Zi-O.

Ooooh can't wait.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Are those his sisters? I only watched a bit of Ghost, didn't like it that much and because everyone seemed to think it was awful never bothered to revisit it.

I'm thinking about getting a Ziku Driver, I haven't started Zi-O yet but it looks fun, I want to spin it. But because I haven't seen the show I'm not sure what accessories are must haves. I'll obviously get watches from my favorite riders but there's so much stuff ...

Oct 28, 2017
Are those his sisters? I only watched a bit of Ghost, didn't like it that much and because everyone seemed to think it was awful never bothered to revisit it.

He has some weird as hell sister complex, which everyone at first assumed was just a protective big brother thing. Until there was this dream episode where everyone gets stuck in some fantasy world. His is all about his sister in different outfits and situations. She's acting all happy, smiley and generally creepy, and he's loving every second of it.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmm so apparently there's been some tweets from Kenji Shibata to the tune that GoGoV 20 Years After might be in the cards. The cast all wants to do it, so assumingly it's if Toei will make it happen.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmm so apparently there's been some tweets from Kenji Shibata to the tune that GoGoV 20 Years After might be in the cards. The cast all wants to do it, so assumingly it's if Toei will make it happen.
I'd love that, GoGoV was a great sentai, I guess if they do it Kyoko would be the new yellow and Daimon would be tech support? Or would they reduce Daimon's role and try to hide his disability?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Given the origin of this, I figure it would be whatever Shibata wants/feels he's capable of. But I would wager, regardless of however they would work it into the story, it would come down to Daimon as GoYellow come the climax.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
I'm watching GoGoFive and wow Professor Tatsumi is kind of a troll. He just casually shows up and eats their food as if he hasn't seen his children in ten years. I do like that the relationship is strained due to his absence. The siblings have really great chemistry. So far, Matoi is my favorite. He's the hot-blooded big bro. The model work and designs are top-notch. Victory Robo is a pretty cool design. Also, the music! Some nice compositions. Very heroic!

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 36

Good arc, even if it was more conected to the series conceptually than directly. It used everything Kiva had, from soundtrack, to general direction, tone, color palette, to a great effect.

Also, Another Kiva was pretty great, heh. Woz considering if her could be an overlady, and then later Sougo asking her if he can call her "Sailor Girl" and her replying it, lol. That whole scene was great. Also, wtf, the three Arm monster were the real thing? I thought they were some Another Monster kind of thing, lol. Oh, and Jiro fighting was great.

Also, holy hell, I joked about the manhole cover last episode, didn't expect it to become a thing.

Right now, Woz is the strongest Rider, just like it should be. He even gave an abridged version of his presentation, heh. But that Kiva watch, what a tease, Sougo ended up not using it.

I see Sougo has a thing for older women, heh.

Next arc, Kabuto with Gatack coming back, hell yeah! And Decade is also back!

Oct 25, 2017
. http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/05/lord-zedds-actor-takes-to-gofundme-to-cover-medical-costs/
Robert Axelrod, the voice behind Lord Zedd from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, underwent a major back surgery one year ago. Unfortunately, due to complications, he was unable to move. In an effort to raise funds for the mounting medical costs, a GoFundMe campaign was been established. The campaign was started by Zachery McGinnis, Axelrod's "Appearance Agent" according to the first campaign update.

. https://www.gofundme.com/robert-axe...ates=1&rcid=r01-155733180143-c767a1b9b83444d7
I'm saddened to report that Robert is still in the hospital and not doing much better. The accompanying photo is how we find him every time we go to visit. I specifically asked him if we could share this photo to show you the fans, exactly what kind of shape he is in.

His surgery was a full year ago and he is still immobile from the waist down.

Insurance only covers so much and after nearly a year without work and mounting medical debt he only has enough funds to cover the next two months or so worth of bills.

Over the last year on each visit we have had him sign a limited number of photos. In total he has only had the energy to sign 147 pictures.

Roberts cast-mate, Austin St. John the Original Red Ranger will be listing the autographed photos for sell on his website this week:

www.AustinStJohn.biz

All proceeds (minus taxes) from these signed photos will be donated to Robert Axelrod.

Due to the limited quantity available the autographed photos are priced with a premium. Please keep in mind that the proceeds from these signed photos are going to help Robert. Any additional donations to this go fund me page will also go to assisting him with his bills. All donations are welcome, helpful and appreciated.

30617212_1557331201297613_r.jpeg

=/

Status
Not open for further replies.