• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoulger 11

I guess there is something more with Dad, huh. Gotta say, that plot where they kidnapped the boy and then set explosives on him was straight out of a showa toku, lol.

Wish all the dinossaurs talked like that. Gives them more personality, worked well on Abaranger. This was a fun episode. The fights were pretty good, too. Also, no mecha fight! Which is great, no need to do one just to check a box or something. Interesting how, of all the things they could get from Rider, they choose the two-parter structure, heh.

Oct 25, 2017
Zi-O 35-36
HEY
DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT ZI-O IS FUCKING GREAT NOW?
Like, seriously, EVERYBODY is outta control in this arc. Director. Stunt actors. Characters. Dialogue. Plot. Debuts. Manhole covers. Apple pies. Weddings.

Watch the second half of Zi-O. I implore you.
Over-Time_Kamen_Rider_Zi-O_-_35_C170E23C.mp4_snapshot_04.24_2019.05.28_17.46.17.jpg

Over-Time_Kamen_Rider_Zi-O_-_36_8829C9A2.mp4_snapshot_10.09_2019.05.29_16.10.57.jpg

Over-Time_Kamen_Rider_Zi-O_-_36_8829C9A2.mp4_snapshot_06.53_2019.05.29_16.40.03.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Sougo's sexual awakening with Yuko talking about having kids was pretty funny. Quite an adult joke for Kamen Rider. Reminds me of when Yuki starts undressing in the Rabbit Hutch in Fourze, and Gentaro starts to spaghetti all over the place.

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure the scene where she touches his chin for the first time in the present is supposed to imply he had a boner.
Not to mention every moment Schwarz was near her.

Onore Inoue.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd do dirty things for a Yakuza Team Kamen Rider game inspired by Spirits and with playable 3-5 riders with interconnecting storylines

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...god Guess I need to watch Zi-O?

I was worried it'd be Decade again, and was sad lady Rider rumors weren't true

Oct 25, 2017
I'd do dirty things for a Yakuza Team Kamen Rider game inspired by Spirits and with playable 3-5 riders with interconnecting storylines
I'd kill for anything Spirits. It's Showa perfection in a bottle. That Super-1 intro. That Rider #2 intro. Everything Stronger. ZX vastly improved backstory. It's so good! And I'll need learn japanese to read the ending ):

...god Guess I need to watch Zi-O?

I was worried it'd be Decade again, and was sad lady Rider rumors weren't true
It started bad but with cool enough fanservice, then it got decent, now it's balls to the walls amazing.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
ZyuOh Eagle and Pat1 promote their new movies that adapt from Shoujo manga.

LupinRed not like This.

Kairi: Keichan is mine !!!

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There's only one Kabuto song that can be on episode 38.

Zi-O 37

Maybe a bit less than Kiva's, but this series also got a lot of Kabuto right - the locations, with the Tokyo Tower showing a lot, for example. Not only that, but it ALSO has some great fanservice, with the three returning characters and that opening fakeout, that fucking got me.

Woz and Geiz fighting the worms in super fast speed was also fun! Lots of time control powers this episode, lol. I wonder if not only the Hoppers, but also Kagami are actually worms that came with that Meteor, from Kabuto's original "earth". The series itself pointed the inconsistencies, so it's not too farfetched.

Sougo being out of character again is kinda weird, but badass anyway. Also, he even got his try at a God Speed Love moment, even if it didn't work in the end, lol. Maybe he should've kicked the first meteor into the second. Anyway, great to see him botching the Rider's catchphrases again, too. Not only that, but Woz got his Tendou pose moment, heh.

Man, those Kabuto suits are on a sorry state. Not only the Riders, but also he worms.

Next episode, Tsukuyomi's backstory? Also, Kagami will become Kabuto?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd guess the bit with the confusion about Shibuya's state was just tied into the time distortion that Tsukasa mentioned briefly, alongside Riders and Another Riders coexisting.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Starting Gaim. Through three episodes, pretty good. The dance stuff is kinda bleh but whatever it's early.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
OH MY GOD!! Zi-O is actually doing a thing i really wanted in the end!!

According to the next episode preview, the Grand Zi-O Ridewatch is actually the Den-O Ridewatch after travelling through time!! It's technically a Den-O tribute final form lol

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
OH MY GOD!! Zi-O is actually doing a thing i really wanted in the end!!

According to the next episode preview, the Grand Zi-O Ridewatch is actually the Den-O Ridewatch after travelling through time!! It's technically a Den-O tribute final form lol

I don't think that's what it is doing.

It just says that the Den-O Watch crosses time. There's nothing about it being Grand. Grand probably will be created by a reaction of the 20 Rider Watches.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
You're getting near the point of Gaim where some of that falls by the wayside. Urobuchi loves his bait and switches. Though he also had the virtue of not being as beholden to the producers as the writer normally is, so he had also had the benefit of being able to do what he wanted with certain Riders etc a bit more.

I'm going to wothhold exact thoughts on the Zi-O ep until I watch it again, as the livestream yesterday cut out at a point or two. There's a thing or two I wish they'd have done a bit differently, but overall a ton of excellent Kabuto callbacks between the two eps.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah zi-o is good dumb fun.

Can someone give me a quick summary on the guest returning actors ? Like are there any currently successful actors that come back? Or are all the ones called back folks that don't really do this stuff anymore?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give me a quick summary on the guest returning actors ? Like are there any currently successful actors that come back? Or are all the ones called back folks that don't really do this stuff anymore?

Most returning actors still have active careers, although few have gotten really big. I think the biggest one that they got to appear in the tv show was Gaku Sano (Gaim) who has roles in multiple movies and dramas throughout 2018 and 2019, including a starring role. The biggest overall was Takeru Sato (Den-O) who became famous for the Kenshin movies and is overall seen as a big successful actor, but he only was around for a single scene in the movie.

From the recent Kabuto arc, Masato Uchiyama (Punch Hopper) was retired since 2013 or so, but Hidenori Tokuyama (Kick Hopper) and Yuki Sato (Gatack) still get secondary roles in movies and series. Masahiro Inoue (Decade) is very active, even starring in two movies just last year, but a lot of his career is tied to tokusatsu.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do they have to pay the same actor different costs based on what character they're reprising?

Like, is Nakamura more costly if he's playing Yuuto as opposed to Kiriya?

Oct 28, 2017
Do they have to pay the same actor different costs based on what character they're reprising?

Like, is Nakamura more costly if he's playing Yuuto as opposed to Kiriya?

Its all agency based so it'll just be determined by how in-demand the actor/actress is and what other things in the possible schedule the agency has could be more profitable, unless Rider puts up the cash.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Mitchy, the Inves and the secret of the forest, Baron's path, I'm just starting episode 22 but Gaim is a fucking ride. And the dance stuff is mostly gone so I'm enjoying it even more than I was.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Alistair Browning, the voice of Xenowing (Torin's counterpart), has passed away from cancer. RIP

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I gave my son the Gobusters weapons yesterday and he loves them. I know even in Gobusters they dropped the spy gimmick really early on, but I kind of wish the domestic toys kept the camera/binoculars thing because it is pretty neat. I'm not even sure they're coming out with versions since I haven't seen any.

Still afraid of bringing out the Gobusters mechs and letting him play with them with all the clip breakage.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Finished Kamen Rider Build over the weekend. Easy 10/10. One of my new favorites, just an absolutely excellent show all around. It started a tad slow but once it got moving, it never stopped. Basically cried through the last like, 4 episodes. Everything was executed so well and the emotional beats hit really hard. This one is definitely gonna stick with me fore a while, Now that I've seen W through Build, I jumped back to Kuuga and will now work my way through Phase 1! Only 5 episodes in but really enjoying it so far.

Debating stopping at Kiva and watching Showa before Decade seeing as there are a few Showa era Riders that appear in Decade.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Finished Kamen Rider Build over the weekend. Easy 10/10. One of my new favorites, just an absolutely excellent show all around. It started a tad slow but once it got moving, it never stopped. Basically cried through the last like, 4 episodes. Everything was executed so well and the emotional beats hit really hard. This one is definitely gonna stick with me fore a while, Now that I've seen W through Build, I jumped back to Kuuga and will now work my way through Phase 1! Only 5 episodes in but really enjoying it so far.

Debating stopping at Kiva and watching Showa before Decade seeing as there are a few Showa era Riders that appear in Decade.

Build is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.