• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Movie poster for Over Quartzer with a fairly big reveal, also hints at past Riders we might get in the movie.

A new form beyond Grand Zi-O?

CdqVKSY.jpg

Also, in the mirror shards there are the three movie Riders and then various other past Riders, including Meteor and Mach in some of the bigger ones. The smaller ones seem to show the main Heisei Riders in their Ultimate forms and a selection of secondary and movie Riders including New Den-O, Ryugen and Skull.

I like this form!
Though I also like, in a silly kind of way, how gaudy Grand Zi-O is. If you're going for gaudy you go all the way.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Movie poster for Over Quartzer with a fairly big reveal, also hints at past Riders we might get in the movie.

A new form beyond Grand Zi-O?

CdqVKSY.jpg

Also, in the mirror shards there are the three movie Riders and then various other past Riders, including Meteor and Mach in some of the bigger ones. The smaller ones seem to show the main Heisei Riders in their Ultimate forms and a selection of secondary and movie Riders including New Den-O, Ryugen and Skull.

Oh god, that's a much better design than Grand Zi-O.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly legit toy catalogues of Zero One & other Riders are out. Don't know if they're real or not but they seem weird enough for someone to fake.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god Zero One has a suit...like it literally is wearing ties.

Guess the rumor about them being rival businesses is true.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That toyguide might still be false. It oddly doesn't have any pictures of the suits, in spite of so many shots being available. The Zi-O toyguides for example used the actual suits for the first couple of forms. There's also no shot of the series' promo picture. We got a similar false toyguide before Zi-O, although that one was easier to call fake because it came before the name confirmation, so it just hid the main Rider's name, which was an obvious hole.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's only seen Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (Don't know the actual JPN Title) when i was like 14, y'all have really got me interested in Build by reviews alone.
Do it! If you like it feel free to ask for other recommendations based on what you like. There's tons of good toku out there. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not buying that catalogue leak. The cubes (??) look fake as hell and don't fit the silhouette page. Also some minor issues with how the forms are presented.

PC Gaming ERA | June 2019 - It's Baldur's Turn
So Tsuburaya just announced they've changed the casting of the main heroine in the upcoming Ultraman Taiga citing scheduling issues of the original actress but it might actually be because the she starred in a movie about Lee Teng-hui, a president of Taiwan.

Here's the official announcement and here's the press release of the movie that most likely caused the recasting.
That's... why the hell Tsuburaya cares? Is Ultraman big in China or something?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

So that hash tag show is saying that Dr. K is returning for an RPM crossover next year. They don't know if any of the RPM rangers will be in it though.

Given their track record, I'm taking this with an extreme grain of salt, but itd be interesting. They need to get Mason Truman back as the head of grid Battleforce.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 38

Pretty good ending for the arc. While the base Gatack Zecter was stronger than Base Kabuto, I'll accept it for the fanservice - makes sense only Kabuto can beat Another Kabuto. I guess it could be a callback to the first episode, after all. That multiple henshin was pretty cool too. We even got Kabuto's kick!

And finally, another Rider that can kick a Meteor out of existence. Even if it wasn't as badass as Kabuto and at that distance it should've rained meteors at the whole world.

Also, more Tsukuyomi backstory. Brother issues instead of daddy? That's new.

Next episode, Den-O and Grand Zi-O. Guess they didn't need another Drive watch after all, lol.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the newest episode of Zi-O that just aired...

It's kind of annoying how the writers seem to be chained down by Shirakura's silly "Everything is separate!" attitude and couldn't reference Heisei Generations Forever directly (in spite of the Watches which were forced on the show). There are no actual plot holes since Sogo never met the Imagin there and was even missing from the final scene where The Denliner takes Shingo to the past, but it's still disappointing that we don't get any nod to the movie's events.

Aside from that the episode was good though.

Next week is a break, but afterwards...

We're already getting Grand Zi-O vs Oma Zi-O!

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just finished Gaim and the highs were so high but the soccer shit was bad the final episode was bad and oh my god the Mitchy redemption had me pulling my hair out.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi TokuEra! It's my first time posting here. I've been a fan of Super Sentai Shows mostly. However, as I wanted to try out Kamen Rider, I decided to give Gaim (read that it was really well regarded) a try. I ended up really liking it a lot and did not expect it to be that dark; the ending was really good too and it was just an awesome show all around (Hearing Dai Dai Dai Shogun always got me pumped! Haha). So my question is: What other Kamen Rider series do you recommend? I've heard OOO is quite cool? Is that a good "Second Rider" series to watch next?

Thank you!

W, Build, and Fourze.

I would also add Den-O for funsies.

Oct 25, 2017

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man I just finished Gaim and the highs were so high but the soccer shit was bad the final episode was bad and oh my god the Mitchy redemption had me pulling my hair out.

The Gaim x Drive movie (Movie Wars Full Throttle) is a better epilogue than the final episode (which was kind of surprising since it's by the same writer as the movie and final episode).

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

There are only three episodes of the Gaim tv series that Urobuchi did not write or co-write
1. Kikaida Crossover
2. WATCH OUR SOCCER MOVIE
3. The final ep

The "real" story is just the Urobuchi eps. Everything else (i.e. the above and all movies/specials) can be taken entirely separate from that. Though that effectively makes Gaim's "true" ending Takatora waking up = MITCHY REDEEMED. I personally loved Mitchy being an evil little shit and I guess you could say found a perverse joy in the decision to redeem him lol (though honestly it's not as much "redemption" as just saying he's worth a chance to do so).

Anyway, as mentioned, the Gaim portion of Movie War Full Throttle serves as a better epilogue than the final ep, and the four Gaim Gaiden are all pretty good.

Oct 28, 2017
Zi-O 39 is an excellent episode. Had me laughing so much with stuff like Junichiro being possessed by Ryutaros, and getting to see Momotaros brawling style of fighting again, punting Another Den-O around.

Its a shame almost everything about Den-O is very likeable apart from the fact there's barely any story to it. The main villain was such a wet fart.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I'm about 23 episodes in Kamen Rider Kuuga and I feel like this show hit a huge stride with episode 19 and 20. Episode 19 was so well directed and the emotional beats were just excellent. Episode 20 is a much lighter and goofier episode and I really like how they're going all in on Godai being a huge weird goof ball. I think Ichijou and Godai might be one of my favorite duos in all of Kamen Rider. Wasn't expecting to dig Kuuga this much but it's really really great so far.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zi-O 39

What a strange start, at first I thought I had skipped an episode. Anyway, finally it's Uncle's time to shine! Good idea, making him repair (and then pilot!) the DenLiner, heh. Also, they made the joke that Kiriya and Yuuto look alike! Zeronos and Momotaros Geiz fighting was pretty fun!

The fights this episode were pretty good, in general.

So, no Drive arc? Will it be a movie only thing? Anyway, next episode we'll not only get Zi-O vs Oma again, but also Momotaro Woz!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Zi-O 39

What a strange start, at first I thought I had skipped an episode. Anyway, finally it's Uncle's time to shine! Good idea, making him repair (and then pilot!) the DenLiner, heh. Also, they made the joke that Kiriya and Yuuto look alike! Zeronos and Momotaros Geiz fighting was pretty fun!

The fights this episode were pretty good, in general.

So, no Drive arc? Will it be a movie only thing? Anyway, next episode we'll not only get Zi-O vs Oma again, but also Momotaro Woz!
No Another Drive would be weird.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure we're getting a Drive arc. They mentioned in this episode itself that they were missing two Watches.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Aight I'm gonna give Fourze another chance but I have low expectations. I'm gonna regret not going to Kuuga I can feel it.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Aight I'm gonna give Fourze another chance but I have low expectations. I'm gonna regret not going to Kuuga I can feel it.
No you won't, Fourze is great and the high school setting a lot of fun. It had great characters, the Kamen Rider Club rules. Kamen Rider can sometimes be a bit mopey, I really liked having a main character who radiates positive energy and whose main goal in life is to make friends.

Should I give Fourze a rewatch?
Yes.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you watched Kamen Rider Brain, Gou appears at the end anyway, which was the first hint about the Drive arc, and I think seeing him on the movie poster confirms that's where it'll happen.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
For a second in episode 38 I thought Tsukuyomi's brother was Narutaki but I got my dumb floppy hats confused.

ALSO: man did I love seeing the Imajin again! Having Geiz fight like Momotaros made me so nostalgic for when the mains had unique fighting styles.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
No you won't, Fourze is great and the high school setting a lot of fun. It had great characters, the Kamen Rider Club rules. Kamen Rider can sometimes be a bit mopey, I really liked having a main character who radiates positive energy and whose main goal in life is to make friends.

I like the mopey that's the problem I had last time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.