• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In a world of computer vriuses, putting in random progize keys seem like asking for trouble

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 07

Another plot heavy episode, also pretty good one, with great action and *those finishers*.

I dunno what's Valk's deal, but I do think they are making it appear more evil than it probably is, lol

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Zero One is getting lapped. is Shining Hopper soon?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoulger 30

• Whoa, those cameos. If things continue like that, Canalo will fail to date most of the female tokusatsu actresses!
  • That's... a pretty interesting enemy power, I guess. Would work better if the team had one more female.
  • This Nada setup/situation is pretty good.
  • So, there were a master Black and a Green, but it's probably Black who trained both.
  • Another Sakamoto episode, huh? Keep 'em coming!
  • Gaisorg is the kind of extra ranger I've wanted to come back for years, heh.
  • Nice Fatality.
Next episode is going to be great!

Oct 25, 2017
So I just found out about Kamen Rider : Super Climax Heroes and it looks really fun and almost real:

Do you guys know any discord servers/communities for this game?
Me, shaowebb and Triple Da G.O.D! played it a lot. Don't think any lasting community for it was formed, even the wiki and the menu patch ended up abandoned pretty quickly. You can find some matches and tutorials/techs on youtube, some by Triple.

I highly recommend either version of the game, even if it has the dumbest AI I ever encountered in a fighting game (at max difficulty, in the hardest missions of the campaign or from passwords, you can win by spamming one move - best the AI does is preemptively throw you if you use counters, or tech your throws and quickly get a hit in). It's really really really fun and most characters are quite elaborate. Accessing some of the secret stuff also is cool (Fourze Fusion States, Joker & Cyclone, etc)

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
Me, shaowebb and Triple Da G.O.D! played it a lot. Don't think any lasting community for it was formed, even the wiki and the menu patch ended up abandoned pretty quickly. You can find some matches and tutorials/techs on youtube, some by Triple.

I highly recommend either version of the game, even if it has the dumbest AI I ever encountered in a fighting game (at max difficulty, in the hardest missions of the campaign or from passwords, you can win by spamming one move - best the AI does is preemptively throw you if you use counters, or tech your throws and quickly get a hit in). It's really really really fun and most characters are quite elaborate. Accessing some of the secret stuff also is cool (Fourze Fusion States, Joker & Cyclone, etc)
I heard literally every single special of LunaTrigger is banned in competitive play?

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many infinites and moves that basically impede your opponent of doing anything otherwise they will die or get guard broken (or both) that going competitive with it would mean banning a lot of moves and characters (or at least specific combinations of character+"groove") lol

Wizard and W comes to mind, some tag teams, etc

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
There's so many infinites and moves that basically impede your opponent of doing anything otherwise they will die or get guard broken (or both) that going competitive with it would mean banning a lot of moves and characters (or at least specific combinations of character+"groove") lol

Wizard and W comes to mind, some tag teams, etc
I'm looking at the banlist rn and I don't know why Fourze up/down assist is banned? It doesn't seem like its basically unblockable like Wizard Hurricane f+SP or leads to 1 button infinites like Hibiki j.SP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So I just found out about Kamen Rider : Super Climax Heroes and it looks really fun and almost real:

Do you guys know any discord servers/communities for this game?
Closest resource aside from what you posted is my ginormous ot for it. The thread had some step by step navigation stuff for the Japanese menus to fix climax time and damage output to legitimize the gameplay plus it told how to get the hidden folk and setup audio patches on psp to customize themes properly by show. Had links to precropped audio too if the links still active.

I should port the thread to this site someday

https://www.n*e*o*gaf.com/threads/kamen-rider-chou-climax-heroes-ot-fighting-with-so-many-riders-it-wont-fit-in-one-ot.515630/

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
Closest resource aside from what you posted is my ginormous ot for it. The thread had some step by step navigation stuff for the Japanese menus to fix climax time and damage output to legitimize the gameplay plus it told how to get the hidden folk and setup audio patches on psp to customize themes properly by show. Had links to precropped audio too if the links still active.

I should port the thread to this site someday

https://www.n*e*o*gaf.com/threads/kamen-rider-chou-climax-heroes-ot-fighting-with-so-many-riders-it-wont-fit-in-one-ot.515630/
To be honest this game feels like it shares the same engine with Fate/Unlimited Code which is gaining a true competitve community lately, from the 3d movement with heavy jumping presence, the Climax Time system being literally the Chalice from F/UC, the fact in both games meter gain is halted after 50 hits in a combo, and the fact that they're both made by the same company (Eighting)

Oct 25, 2017
Worth pointing out that Super Climax Heroes comes from multiple Climax Heroes titles (OOO, Fourze, W) that seems to have some stuff in common with a Dragon Knight game that was all about dash cancelling (IIRC) on the Wii/DS.
The DK game came out in 2009, so it wouldn't impress me if they reused the engine from F/UC, that is from 2008.

Super does feels the most unique game of that "family" because of the 8 way running and general smoother movement and more liberal use of mocapped animations (going from the Ryuuki characters to Fourze is a very noticeable jump in quality). I only played F/UC a couple times but I remember it being pretty stiff (much like the DK game too).

Edit-
Oh yeah, and the DS and Wii versions of Dragon Knight have some mechanical differences too, if you are interested in checking them out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest this game feels like it shares the same engine with Fate/Unlimited Code which is gaining a true competitve community lately, from the 3d movement with heavy jumping presence, the Climax Time system being literally the Chalice from F/UC, the fact in both games meter gain is halted after 50 hits in a combo, and the fact that they're both made by the same company (Eighting)
I played with climax time off and damage minimum. It's a great game but due to its younger audience they went nuts on the damage and gaining full meter the second enemy damage is low enough that a super would kill them so you could end the match with your rider kick was insane. It was just too much touch of death at that point and that's even with combo breakers on deck.
Once you set the damage to what I'd say was "true normal" instead of the default maxed out damage it was crazy good. I did make a tod climax time combo before that with ultimate kuga before that but then afterwards I saw if I made those I'd be there forever lol.

God I love that game. Amazons meter build options were nuts. Dudes with his meter setup could get off specific combos a sudden pop of meter gain in huge bursts. It was to offset the meter usage from the cancel filled combos. Amazon could just string together the longest wildest shit. Plus folks like Zabee and Skulls jump cancel.combos were so easy and fun. Battle for the grids jump cancel combos with Red and Ranger Slayer remind me.of those.

Last edited:

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
This talk about Super Hero Climax makes me wish Namco would actually make a Kamen Rider fighting game in-house :(

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I've played a couple of the old PS1 fighting games. Their mostly not great, but Agito has some cool mobility options. The best one is definitely the V3 game. It's pretty much just DOA.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any of the PS1/2 game, but I remember a crazy looking Kabuto one where you could fight 3-4 dudes at the same time and activate Clock Up against all of them lmao

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact Super Climax Heroes came out, and now we have whatever shit they're putting out on PS4 burns my being.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The fact Super Climax Heroes came out, and now we have whatever shit they're putting out on PS4 burns my being.
Traditional fighters have bad sales on Japanese home consoles for years now, that's probably why they tried an arena fighter. It's just... Climax Fighters/Scramble might be the worst arena fighter I've ever played. Hilariously small movesets, janky combos (arena fighters generally have simplified combo systems that at least -look- good, these games don't even have that) and movement. I don't get why they killed the Batride War series at all.

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
Ishinomori Production's first non-Kamen Rider toku in over 6 years, Satria Naga Kai:

And yes, the reason the guy has a dragon+card motif was because Ryuki was the 2nd best selling Kamen Rider in Indonesia (after the legend that is BLACK)

It's the third entry on the Bima Satria series and this time it's not made by the Wizard director+writer so I hope its not a cheese fest (nothing good will happen when you have someone write a script for a language they dont know)

Last edited:

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Is Blizzard Bear suppose to have a subtle sumo vibe, looks like they were trying but no quite there

Oct 25, 2017
This guy makes SIC like redesigns for Ishinomori characters, mostly Riders, but some other stuff here and there and they are AMAZING. Highly recommend checkint it out.
Qoag3DO.jpg

Love love love his reinterpretations of ZO, J, Shin, Aqua, Zubat and the Amazons duo.

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting my speculation:

Can we discuss one important detail about Horobi's motivation?

He/Jin mention that the hospital aren't for taking care of the humans, but a place to find new friends. Even without that (which you could argue just means there's a lot of Humagears to be converted in a single place), their entire plan was to hack into the hospital servers. Since they failed with Dodo and a Nurse, they go full frontal with the Gigers and the server building.

What does that mean? Between that and Fuwa's situation + red flag about his lack cranium exams, maybe there's humagears disguised as humans around? Or people with some sort of implants that they want to find?

Oct 27, 2017
WarRock bringing back the memories.

It has been crazy to watch the game become what it did after making those primers seeing as how I was thinking of the game's meta to be more like Naruto: GNT where it's the game of chicken of who substitutes 2nd for offense to really get going or in the instance of SCH of how can I either fish for my turn with pokes/combo starters or annoy my opponent enough to bait the burst and make them pay for their folly.

The series was always full of nonsense from Climax Heroes on the PS2 and it never stopped. I just learned to live alongside it and find the fun and actual fighting game underneath in a time where the game was getting wholly dismissed from all sides.

shaowebb put in the work on the OT from the other place and helping the game get some eyes so that some real dialog for questions and self-exploration of the game itself manifested from it. I've always been thankful for that and allowing me to be a part of that whole thing.

I'm still hoping the series goes back to this format. Not that I didn't appreciate Battride War or Climax Fighters/Scramble but 8ing put in work on this and I'd love for them to revisit this, GNT or even Castlevania: Judgment as those games have a special lineage and place in my heart.

I've been really considering going back to the series just to see what my years can do for some overdue reanalysis and combo optimization because I was leaving a lot of stuff to the imagination when I was doing the primers so I wasn't giving the streets all the answers just to see what the limits are when it comes to the games in the series.

P.S: I saw that Capcom vs Capcom idea in the other thread and I gotta know why no Jon Talbain or Cyber Blue love at all fam?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 08

We're on episode 8, but it feels like episode 38 of most other series. Holy hell. Horobi is badass, and using Takaiwa as the suit actor kind works here - he's slow, methodical. The menace comes from him not needing to fight.

Speaking of fights, many great fights this episode! That Horobi revelation was... kinda what I expected, but still good to see they're not dragging anything. Can't wait for the next episode!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Horobi had already been shown to be around in Daybreak in spite of his youthful appearance, so it was really the only direction they could take things. But, yes, it's nice to get the villain established so early since it means there's a lot of time for the show to actually do things with them, rather than just keeping them in the background for "mystery".

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still hoping the series goes back to this format. Not that I didn't appreciate Battride War or Climax Fighters/Scramble but 8ing put in work on this and I'd love for them to revisit this, GNT or even Castlevania: Judgment as those games have a special lineage and place in my heart.
It's also a shame the Ex Aid crew didn't get to star into Climax Heroes. The possibilities for movesets are so good.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think Jin and Horobi will become good judging by the intro

At the very least, I'll be very surprised if Ark's AI doesn't get a body later and becomes the leader of the .net faction. Then there's ZAIA that they're teasing pretty strongly right now who could be a third party or villains too.

Please don't make Aruto a humagear that'd be boring
I think this episode killed that. We saw him taking an examination and he was clearly shown with human organs. He's also bloody in the preview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.