• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on Ryusoulger

It was more of a chore than Zero-One honestly. The Rangers are just not that interesting this season. I honestly expected more from a knights and swords inspired season.

If the rumor is true, it will be interesting to see what Hasbro does with it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How long till Thouser jobs?

Remember when they had Gentoku adopt that absolutely bizarre "fashion crime" joke that was so over the top they dialed it back like immediately? Like, they debuted that joke an episode after the dude's dad died.

I hope Thouser does something absolutely horrific and appaling and then they give him an absolute ludicrous running gag.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Catching up on Zero-One and starting Shinkenger. It's pretty good so far after the first few episodes. I'm really enjoying it.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019

kirameiger suits have that 'will never be adapted to power rangers' look.

Zynx

Oct 25, 2017
So, I neither understand Japanese nor do I own the toys, but from this video, it appears that the assault wolf/shining hopper toys reuse the same kind of connector as the zi-o watches and can be attached together. The zika driver even displays 'shining' when shining hopper is attached!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
FABULOUS
FZw7w9x.gif

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Today I watched the first eight episodes of Kamen Rider Build, and it's really good so far. My first rider series in years (last one I completed was Fourze in 2014). I really like the cast a ton. The comedy is pretty funny and Sento and Banjo's relationship is so good. Those two have chemistry! I think Sento is pretty cool and Build's suit design is pretty nice. I also want to check out Zero One, heard that's really good, too.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ryusoul 40

Man, Pricious' suit is already pretty beaten down. Also, I wonder if that suit will be reused, since it's supposed to be the "Ultimate Minasaur", ad it took this form only because blue feared it. Probably will either be either the final villain or a movie thing, that suit (Or kitbash, I guess) is pretty cool.

Oh, and I wonder if they'll develop that Master Black thing? I totally thought it was dropped after the Master Green 'reveal'. I wonder who will be Master Black. That is, if they don't drop that again, lol

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ryusoul 40

Man, Pricious' suit is already pretty beaten down. Also, I wonder if that suit will be reused, since it's supposed to be the "Ultimate Minasaur", ad it took this form only because blue feared it. Probably will either be either the final villain or a movie thing, that suit (Or kitbash, I guess) is pretty cool.

The form the Minosaur took was a repaint of Ultimate Dai-Satan from the Strongest Battle mini-series that aired right before Ryusoulger.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to buy some sentai and rider blu rays. Yeah no. Those fucking prices are bonkers. Then you have them divided into a millions volumes. It'd cost a few hundred dollars to complete a series.

On that note, does anyone know where I can get Cutie Honey The Live DVDs or blu Rays? I can't find those at all.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The form the Minosaur took was a repaint of Ultimate Dai-Satan from the Strongest Battle mini-series that aired right before Ryusoulger.

yeah, that's why I said kitbash, I recognized the head. I wonder if they'll reuse it in the near future to tie ryusoul with the miniseries somehow, and explain why there were no Dino sentai invited to the battle royale.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Looks like they also. Have a box set that'd expensive, but cheaper than buying the individual volumes. How'd you look that up, by the way?
I googled the japanese spelling of cutie honey the live and copy pasted it into the search bar, that works much better on amazon japan even if the site is displayed in english, I rarely find what I'm looking for using romanized spellings. I wasn't sure if "emotion the best ..." was actually a full series set or something else (apparently it is a series set) so I looked for volumes which is more typical for a japanese release.

13,000 Yen for the complete series set is a pretty good deal by japanese standards.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Took my time for sure, but finished Kuuga.

What a wonderful series! I haven't watched many early early Heisei series, but this feels more like a drama with a Karate Bugman than a toku. Haven't watched most of the early early Heisei Riders, but the closest thing from it I think is the first half of Hibiki. The characters, even the background ones, have their own personalities and many of them have their own arcs, related but many times independent from the overarching plot. The Grongi are mysterious villains, and thanks to their language, you are forced to discover the whole plot at the same time as the characters. Godai is a dork, and a wonderful main character. It's really unfortunate that the actor doesn't want to reprise the role.

Now, to watch Fiveman that I started earlier this week, and maybe Agito later.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

What a wonderful series! I haven't watched many early early Heisei series, but this feels more like a drama with a Karate Bugman than a toku. Haven't watched most of the early early Heisei Riders, but the closest thing from it I think is the first half of Hibiki. The characters, even the background ones, have their own personalities and many of them have their own arcs, related but many times independent from the overarching plot. The Grongi are mysterious villains, and thanks to their language, you are forced to discover the whole plot at the same time as the characters. Godai is a dork, and a wonderful main character. It's really unfortunate that the actor doesn't want to reprise the role.

Agito is basically like Kuuga, but better. They're both excellent series though.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Agito has stronger drama than Kuuga, but it loses a lot of Kuuga's setting work in comparison. The police for example changes to working more like you'd expect out of a toku (special unit with a couple of members taking care of every case and being the only one getting the new tech) and the ramification of the series' events on normal people's lives isn't really explored.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Agito has stronger drama than Kuuga, but it loses a lot of Kuuga's setting work in comparison. The police for example changes to working more like you'd expect out of a toku (special unit with a couple of members taking care of every case and being the only one getting the new tech) and the ramification of the series' events on normal people's lives isn't really explored.

I don't remember any cop in Kuuga aside from Ichijo.

Oct 25, 2017
Zero-One 17

That flower arrangement competition was totally rigged.
Gai is such an egotistical asshole. He copyrights his finishers! That's hilarious.

Ryusoulger 40

A fear monster? I think that would have worked better in October. But I guess they had to get Ryusoul Calibur into the story. Show off that anyone can use it (though I doubt Asuna will use it since women tend to get neglected with shared powers).
Master Eras sounds interesting though. I figured Kreon would be the final villain somehow, but hey there's a hidden evil.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't remember any cop in Kuuga aside from Ichijo.

Oh, there were a lot of minor characters from the police, and they worked great! There were the chief, the two other policemen that helped Godai when Ichijou couldn't - or helped Ichijou a couple times too - and even MegaYellow at the radio!

Oh, and of course, Enokida was also part of the police, even if it was just the research part.

That's one of the things I really liked in Kuuga - the police worked well together with him, and not only got stronger as the series goes, but also learnt to trust Godai. That one arc where everyone helps him to get the new bike, that was so good.

1000% - 17

Oh man, Gai is such a petty asshole, love how he adds ZAIA and trademarks to everything. And yeah, that competition was totally rigged, somehow. I wonder who *that* judge was, I felt like I should've known him, but didn't get a good look at his face.

Also, Izu and Shesta were great this episode! HA HA HA HA HA

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Tachibana from Blade his full name is Sakuya Tachibana.

This episode of 01 featured Sakuyo and Tachibana.

Coincidence?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Kuuga, Agito, and first half of Hibiki the three series that are closest to a drama series and I have resigned that we'll never see something like that again.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean, that last episode Oma form pretty much is his final form.

01 - 18

I was kinda afraid this five trials arc was going to be a lull or something but... nope. Holy hell, how are things still escalating?! A new Metsubojinrai member, Thouser becomes less like a villain and more grey area, and of course, humans becoming Magias.

Also, last year I wouldn't expect it, but... man, the fights this episode were so good. It's great to see Rider with great fights again, after so much time of CG + Run and Punch.

Also, Gai's age killed me. Great asshole character.

Oct 25, 2017
Zero One 18

Yep, the match was rigged. At least this time they got a legit one in.
Hmm, the third maverick HumaGear. Considering that was a woman's voice, it's not Jin. And now they can turn humans into Magia.
Thouser is just too stronk. Something needs to humble him.

The reveal of Gai's age was hilarious.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
I am halfway through Kamen Rider Build and hoo boy... it is amazing! There hasn't been a monster of the week in quite some time, and the stakes are ramping up. Plus, episode 21... yeah, that's all I got for it. Sento's already becoming one of my favorite Rider MCs. His actor gives it his all in the more dramatic scenes. Same with Misora and Banjo. I'm glad I chose to give it a watch.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of the Grease V-Cinema is pretty tight and a great last act (so far...) for Build.

...and it got me thinking how the last piece of Ghost merchandise was the Spectre V-Cinema lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.