• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 26

You would think that Firefighting is the one thing where Humagears would be a perfect substitute for humans - reduction of risk for human life and everything. Then again, Humagear Firefighter ignoring the guy with cardiac arrest goes against *everything* shown about the Humagears in this whole competition arc - where the Humagears actually had feelings and judgement capacity close to humans.

Gai's bullshit has gone on for too long without any repercussions. Yeah, yeah, I know he's a millionaire, but at this point he's doing shit in live TV and nobody cares. It's just like real life! I hope he gets some payback, and soon. Extra points if it's by Yua's hands.

At this point, I'm glad Metsuboujinrai is shaping up to make a return as the main big bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's real. All 98 episodes on there. My TV even allows Tubi as an app, so I can watch the original Kamen Rider on my TV. That's glorious.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'll gonna add that to the OT as soon as it's officially announced and available.

I can't *watch* the episodes, since I'm not on the US, but are they still available to watch? If so, it'll be officially announced soon-ish.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Bummer it got out before an announcement, but hopefully they plan on saying something soon anyways.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Raider in this week's Zero One was cool...reminded me of Boba Fett, seemed too cool for a one off MOTW.

I like the theory it's the news reporter lady since she got more focus than you'd expect, showed up unprepared seemingly, and it makes Gai fucking with the Humagear on tv less goofy if she's in on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Zero-One 26

That ending seemed a bit contrived... they just stood there as Yua put the belt on Ichi? And the cameras just happened to be there to broadcast his transformation?
Though seeing the above theory, that would make a lot more sense.

Mahsin Sentai Kiramager 1

Now the proper debut.
That might have been one of the best first episodes in a while. It was so entertaining.
Juru is rather endearing, even if his imagination power is kind of OP (for now).
Interesting that there wasn't a Megazord moment.
Seems they're really dipping into classic Sentai for inspiration this season. A rugby monster?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this seemed a bit far-fetched earlier this month but...

Tokusatsu HAS to get messed up eventually because of the virus right? I imagine any large crowd scenes planned to be filmed for the summer movie like usual is off the table now.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So this seemed a bit far-fetched earlier this month but...

Tokusatsu HAS to get messed up eventually because of the virus right? I imagine any large crowd scenes planned to be filmed for the summer movie like usual is off the table now.

The crowd scenes for the summer movie are usually off the table anyway. Toku productions seem notionally guerilla due to how low budget they are. I'm sure shooting two dudes in suits in a quarry won't require more than 10 people behind the scenes.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The crowd scenes for the summer movie are usually off the table anyway. Toku productions seem notionally guerilla due to how low budget they are. I'm sure shooting two dudes in suits in a quarry won't require more than 10 people behind the scenes.
Both the Build and Zi-O movies had large crowd scenes in the summer movies though (with large casting calls for extras just for them). The Ex-Aid movie also had that scene with tons of people lying on the floor at once due to the Gamedeus virus (although not as many as in those two movies in a single shot). Ghost had the Hero's village with around 100 extras dressed as random historical people. I think you'd need to go back to Drive's movie to get one without any large crowd scenes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kirameiger 01

I like that Kiramei's commander feels like an old-school (80s-90s) commander, even being a more humorous one. Also, the teams personalities, they are *great*! They really shine this episode. Everyone is quirky in their own way, and red, while being again the energetic center of attentions, was really entertaining this episode. He has his catchphrase that he repeats a lot, but it's always together with his IMAGINATION gimmick, so it's fine. This could be ToQ done better for sure.

Crunchula is a silly name for a general, goes well with the character itself. I wish we had more than two villains at the start, but eh, at least their personalities have a nice contrast.

I also like *how* the giant monster was filmed, more reality-like, with some different angles. The monster itself was nothing special, but eh, that was a fun battle with a good mix of CG and practical.

Also, I know some people don't like the final dance, but I *love* it. Not only pre-dance facts are back, the whole dance is fun, and each character got something that has to do with their own personalities.

Next episode is Red/Green, with a Showa as hell MotW. Man, this series has some promise, hope they don't mess with it. Well, it's Arakawa, so there's a good chance of it being good.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Decided to check out Kirameiger in the end, and that was a pretty fun first episode. The gimmick with the red ranger is pretty interesting, if ridiculous ha ha.

Ending dance was pretty fun too!

May 13, 2019
Perhaps a bit of a random inquiry but I've got a question about Saban's Masked Rider adaptation: it is true that Kamen Rider creator Shoutaro Ishinomori disliked what Saban did to his show so much that he forbade them to ever adapt another KR show ever again?

Given there wasn't any American adaptation of KR until Kamen Rider Dragon Knight in 2009, long after Ishinomori's death, guess this could be true.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Perhaps a bit of a random inquiry but I've got a question about Saban's Masked Rider adaptation: it is true that Kamen Rider creator Shoutaro Ishinomori disliked what Saban did to his show so much that he forbade them to ever adapt another KR show ever again?

Given there wasn't any American adaptation of KR until Kamen Rider Dragon Knight in 2009, long after Ishinomori's death, guess this could be true.
I've searched for that a few years ago, and couldn't find any direct source for it, so I doubt it's true. As far as the issue of no adaptations go, there was nothing to adapt after Black RX until after Ishinomori had died. They even used J and ZO footage for Masked Rider too (although attempting to hide their suits for some dumb reason, rather than incorporating them as form changes).

Considering how Ishinomori even gave his blessings to a non-licensed parody (something that irritated Toei's producers back in the late 80s), he doesn't seem to be the type to hold a grudge over something not following his "true vision".

May 13, 2019
I've searched for that a few years ago, and couldn't find any direct source for it, so I doubt it's true. As far as the issue of no adaptations go, there was nothing to adapt after Black RX until after Ishinomori had died. They even used J and ZO footage for Masked Rider too (although attempting to hide their suits for some dumb reason, rather than incorporating them as form changes).

Considering how Ishinomori even gave his blessings to a non-licensed parody (something that irritated Toei's producers back in the late 80s), he doesn't seem to be the type to hold a grudge over something not following his "true vision".
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

That was something I read long time ago that I suddenly remembered after watching an old episode of Detective Conan that featured Kamen Yaiba, the franchise's ever present KR parody.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Got done with Kira01. I think Red is a little too OP with his imagination, but it is a convenient source for new stuff. Love how no one takes Yellow's esports career seriously. Ending credits theme is good too.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Been continuing on through Lost Galaxy, and damn were the In Space stuff pretty crazy.

tumblr_ou67crrcK31rc2rr6o3_500.gifv

(Cheesy ass explosion and Mike at the center. <3)

The fights against the Psycho Rangers were pretty damn good, and it was also cool to see Mike fight off against both Deviot and Villamax.

And then Power of Pink came in to give a sad end to this crossover. D: It suck to see Kendrix go (though not the end of her), but of course the actress had to deal with leukemia at the time, and thankfully she did recover! Karone is certainly a interesting choice to be the new Pink Ranger.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw a new set photo of Zero-One (didn't seem to be anything special just saw Jin I think) but I visibly could see multiple masks from the mid-air shot.

Oct 25, 2017
Zero-One 27

Jin kind of has a point about humanity being shit. Especially with Gai being the quintessential corrupt executive.
Kamen Rider getting into politics huh? This will be interesting.

Kiramager 2

I do like the whole Sky Mage and Ground Mage aspect. Though how long that will last I don't know.
Juru is setting himself up as a good leader, and I'm liking Sena.
I really don't get OT's localization choices at times...

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kiramager 2

I really digged how all the Kiramagers have lives outside of their jobs as heroes. It feels like Sentai was intentionally avoiding this aspect for a while now.

This combined with showa-esque villain designs is a hopeful indication that the showrunners know what they're doing.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kirameiger 02

"You're Red so you're leader"! I kinda like when something like this happens, feels like the leadership is a bit more deserved. Also, again, the teams personalities are overflowing this episode. So good. Didn't expect Yellow to become Red's Blue, heh.

Also, that's not only a Showa as hell monster, it's a *Goranger* as hell monster - a guy in spandex with a mask and a cape! Their plan is also showa as hell. LOVE IT.

Oh, and they got Kosaka Daimaou to do the pen pineapple apple pen thing when naming things! Bwahahahaha, great use of the actor.

And then, that night fight with mostly practical effects on the model city. More of this, please!

01 - 27

If last week the competition subplot was kinda weird, this week it was *great* for everyone involved - from the competitors, to the vice prez and his group, and to Aruto too. The exception is, as always, Gai. Can't wait for him to be defeated and, hopefully, written out of the series.

The guy has been clearly against the law for a long time, even destroying proof and attacking an officer *multiple times*, and for some reason everybody just kinda lets him do whatever he does. I know, he's rich, but damn, that's so unsatisfying from a plot viewpoint. I'm so mad this asshole also dragged Yua's character down so much.

Last edited:

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Kira 2
That's is one weird roll call pose.

This show feels really old school for some reason.