• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
The number one answer is Beast and it's not even close.

(Don't start, Kagami stans)
I don't think Kagami is the most beloved character from Kabuto, but he is my favorite.

Because Kabuto starts out all dark, scary and distopian, but slowly reveals that actually, its the goofiest shit ever and every character in it is an insane cartoon person.

Besides Kagami, he starts out the normal dude surrounded by the crazy talented and ends the show a normal dude surrounded by the insane. Its a fun progression.

Oct 25, 2017

Beast barely even made sense in the show to the point where the villains pointed it out. Whole show was a waste of good suits

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Beast was awful. One of the worst secondary riders along with Specter and Kaixa. He was annoying and useless for the plot.He was only there just to sell toys.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
All the justified love for Fuwa and frustation with Aruto I have seen across the internet has got me thinking.

What are the rider shows you can think of where the secondary Rider ends up being the best written/most popular one?

Off the top of my head I think Chase is easily the best character/rider in Drive even though I love the whole cast.

Heart would be number 1 if you count redeemed villians.

Shinnosuke was too bland and not very relevant to the plot as a whole tbf.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the final Zi-O live show and that would've been an amazing movie:

-Tsukuyomi get her own Red Woz that calls her "Queen"
woz.jpg

-Zi-O Woz Armor
woz_armor.jpg

-The First, The Next, and Amazons show up
live_action.jpg

-Sougo teams up with his future self to defeat Another Oma Zi-O
teamup.jpg

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Question given the secondary rider discussion, but who is the best villain in a Rider series? Evolt was the first that came to mind as I found him entertaining almost the entire time, but that may be due to him being relatively recent.

I think we can all agree Gai sucks for Zero One. Jury is still out but Horobi and Jin have been pretty alright though we've still got plenty to go and I could see Jin turning.

Just finished watching the final Zi-O live show and that would've been an amazing movie:

Is this all canon or however that works with these? That said, the idea of their being a Woz for Tsukuyomi makes sense.

Is there a good shot of Another Oma ZI-O?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Question given the secondary rider discussion, but who is the best villain in a Rider series? Evolt was the first that came to mind as I found him entertaining almost the entire time, but that may be due to him being relatively recent.

I think we can all agree Gai sucks for Zero One. Jury is still out but Horobi and Jin have been pretty alright though we've still got plenty to go and I could see Jin turning.

Is this all canon or however that works with these? That said, the idea of their being a Woz for Tsukuyomi makes sense.

These typically aren't canon

another.jpg

In terms of Villians I would say Drive had the best of the series I've seen. The other ones have had issues at some point in their series.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
These typically aren't canon

another.jpg

In terms of Villians I would say Drive had the best of the series I've seen. The other ones have had issues at some point in their series.

Ah gotcha. Still, they are good concepts and I'm actually surprised this wasn't used for a movie or arc of some kind. It's like a combo of Oma Form and Oma ZI-O, nice. I should look over all the Another Rider designs again.

Drive's were good, I agree.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Saw it, Thouser is so insufferable. Can't wait for the massive L he's going to take.
So why does he let Metsuboujinrai go around again.
Rampage was awesome though

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017

This question is a bit hard for me because the best KR villains usually receive some type of redemption. Like Heart/Medic/Brain all basically end up redeemed. And Heart himself ends up a straight hero after his revival.

Baron is treated sympathetically even as he becomes the big bad and is always a good guy in his post death appearances.

Fuck, even Evolt was allowed to team up with Ryuga and then leave Earth alive in that god awful V Cinema.

I think Daguva from Kuuga is perfect because he's so thematically perfect for the show, his incredibly small amount of screen time is all used well to make him terrifying, and the finale battle between him and Kuuga is the best KR has ever been. But his lack of screen time might make people argue he wasnt deep enough.

But Ouja from Ryuki is probably the actual best. Always immensely evil, always a threat, always entertaining. Even after being brought back half a dozen times.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
GOD DAMN AT RAMPAGE! One hell of a form from this week's Zero One episode.

Well glad that this Competition arc is finally over. Hope this coming arc is better.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember thinking at first Gai was gonna be like...Rogue.

Now I want the worst for him. Like Centipede Orohenoch level where he's turned into a punk and comic relief but as his expense where it doesn't make him endearing.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Gai is worse Cronus because Cronus at least had an explanation for how he got away with everything and the characters weren't dumbed down for him.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Finish fourth watching of Lupiranger vs. Patranger.

- Zamigo? Who?
- Kogure? Nothing About Him.

Also, Lupin Collection Plot will solve on 10 years after?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Rio Komiya (Kiramaired) has tested positive for Coronavirus and has taken a break from shooting.

news.livedoor.com

「魔進戦隊キラメイジャー」主人公役の小宮璃央が新型コロナ感染 - ライブドアニュース

スーパー戦隊番組「魔進戦隊キラメイジャー」で主人公を演じる小宮璃央。31日のテレ朝の定例社長会見で、新型コロナに感染していることが分かった。撮影は先週末から止まっているが、5月中旬頃までの放送分は済んでいるそう

Shit sucks, I hope he gets well soon :/

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rio Komiya (Kiramaired) has tested positive for Coronavirus and has taken a break from shooting.

news.livedoor.com

「魔進戦隊キラメイジャー」主人公役の小宮璃央が新型コロナ感染 - ライブドアニュース

スーパー戦隊番組「魔進戦隊キラメイジャー」で主人公を演じる小宮璃央。31日のテレ朝の定例社長会見で、新型コロナに感染していることが分かった。撮影は先週末から止まっているが、5月中旬頃までの放送分は済んでいるそう

Shit sucks, I hope he gets well soon :/
Whoa! Shit...

So, yeah, whatever plans Kiramager had they went out the window.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honey when I was watching Zero One this week I was like "you're too close!"

Though I guess this was...January then?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Toei's pretty much shutting down so this is going to effect a lot of stuff I imagine.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Finished OOO

Pretty great series. Everybody was just so... hammy in it, it's hard not to love it. Great characters, the plot is nice, villains are a mixed bag. Date is one of my favorite secondaries, even if the series didn't do him justice at all. Gotou I didn't like at the start, but he grew on me a lot after his whole training arc. Hina is great, and Ankh is really good, even if I don't love him as much as other people.

But the real star here was Armbaby. That doll is the best prop Toei ever did.

In the end, it's up there with W and Fourze for me. Not perfect, but really good.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure.

Not Toei but apparently the Pokemon anime has ran into episodes taking longer to record because of this...guess they don't want everyone in the same booth?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
OG Kamen Rider is rough..... but I like the monsters having personalities and generally being arrogant dicks. not to mention more people dided than actually got saved

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Does that include Toei Animation?
Nah, Toei Animation is a separate building. Anyway, they closed it for a disinfection and apparently it's already over, but they still need the authorization of health officials to reopen.

OG Kamen Rider is rough..... but I like the monsters having personalities and generally being arrogant dicks. not to mention more people dided than actually got saved
The budget of the production actually increases a lot during the first half's run if you watch through it all.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

東京撮影所に関する一部報道について

テレビ作品の出演者の新型コロナウィルスの陽性結果を受けて、3月31日に「撮影所封鎖」なる一部報道がされましたが、当日は撮影所は一切封鎖はしておらず、この報道に関しては誤報でございます。                                                   撮影所としては保健所との協議の上での対応と、更なる予防策の強化を実施しており、現在も通常運営を行っております。

Toei issued a press-release denying that the studio was closed, although they are working with health officials to avoid issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Shin Kamen Rider on Toku World. Man... it's so dull.
They say it flopped because it was too dark and depressing, but I say it flopped because it was so boring.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Watching Shin Kamen Rider on Toku World. Man... it's so dull.
They say it flopped because it was too dark and depressing, but I say it flopped because it was so boring.
Actually according to the Japanese wiki it didn't flop. It did better than expectations, so they turned its sequel from another direct to video movie to a theatrical one... only when they decided to do that they soon also decided to make it more appealing to a general audience, since it wasn't a "for fans-only" production anymore, so they broke all connections with Shin... leading to ZO.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually according to the Japanese wiki it didn't flop. It did better than expectations, so they turned its sequel from another direct to video movie to a theatrical one... only when they decided to do that they soon also decided to make it more appealing to a general audience, since it wasn't a "for fans-only" production anymore, so they broke all connections with Shin... leading to ZO.

Really now? Wonder where I heard it flopped...
I guess it's from how modern Rider media treats Shin like a joke.