• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Carpathia

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
As a bonus a preview of the artbook.

detroit_ps4_artbook_008pw7.png
detroit_ps4_artbook_0ubq00.png
detroit_ps4_artbook_0p5ouz.png
detroit_ps4_artbook_0vhq3q.png

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Is there a reason this is getting such a big Japan push? Heavy Rain got a decent one, but not to this extent.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch right now but the Japanese advertising side for Sony games are pretty amazing. Their Gravity Rush 2 commercial was both cute and really creative and cool.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know, they are not promoting the game like that and the game has 2 guys. I think is just the future/android setting, or maybe the game is great and they feel like promoting it.
Mecha waifu /jk

In all seriousness, mechanization will be a big help/problem all over the world soon, but it always seemed like japan is more into giving robots a human form.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is detorit become human popular in Japan ? What is it with all the news about Detroit and Japan ? The story appeals to Japanese audience?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
If this is successful enough to get a sequel, I would love for it to be set in Hong Kong. Get that Ghost in the Shell vibe going.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
It seems sony is pushing this game heavily in japan with that 50+ pages famitsu coverage & now this.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the sequel is going to be Tokyo: Become Human, Detroit as a location is kinda been done enough with Western games.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Didn't japan love visual novel game with branching path. This just have waaay more budget with aaa production value
They do, but for whatever reason, what's essentially the western equivalent, doesn't sell as well. Its not like they do bad or anything, I recall Heavy Rain selling 20,000 at launch, but it also kind of just fizzled where other countries it debuted much higer and held really well.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017

New video with a different conclusion.

Really cool way of showing off the branching paths. Would have been even cooler for them to include subtitles for the WW audience too.