• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I want to see more of the old One Eye King and the inhabitants of the 24th ward! There is a good backstory here and I hope Ishida doesn't just drop it. It sounds like ghouls of the past were quite strong if they managed to drive the old OEK underground.

And V will be the end game villains. Can't wait.

Anyone else feels Hide is suspicious. He has been eerily calm about this entire situation. His mask removal doesn't help either as it felt like there was an evil smile censored.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would be a better idea if he's just the offspring of the OEK, him being the actual OEK would be some kojima shit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter is out

Well this has to happen I guess, conveniently the Qs are below, so this probably will be the (final) Urie/Saiko confrontation with Mutsuki. Looks like she woke Kaneki though, what a dick move :lol

also I guess the chapter's title is Hitobashira (Human Pillar)

Last edited:

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Mutsuki, this manga would've been much better if she disappeared a long time ago.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
URIE IS HERE

Fuck you Mutsuki

"Just stop"

YOU TELL HER URIE

Urie got that shit all figured out

Just look at her face

Z8xVljj.jpg

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ that little fuckboy Aura really needs to get beaten to shit already. His deranged waifu can get killed right along with him. Go Saiko and Urie smash them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yea i don't know what they're doing with Aura, but I get Mutsuki

look at her face, urie gonna slap some sense into her, she's legit shook

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
yea i don't know what they're doing with Aura, but I get Mutsuki

look at her face, urie gonna slap some sense into her, she's legit shook
I think he was a really badly introduced/developed char. He was a whimp at the start and then his aunty got hurt and he became a mega edgelord.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Mutsuki finding out her crush is married was priceless.

Can't wait for when she finds about the child.

Too bad that will be when Touka will have lost it.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking put an end to them Urie. Please.

Jesus Christ that little fuckboy Aura really needs to get beaten to shit already. His deranged waifu can get killed right along with him. Go Saiko and Urie smash them.

Aura really is the most pointless character. Like I get his backstory, but why does he even exist.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
There's something really wrong with most of these character designs but I can't quite put my finger on what it is precisely.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'm the only person who kinda likes Mutsuki as a character. Aura really is pointless though, I agree there.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mutsuki's character is interesting, I did like the whole Torso stuff and that her personality and love for Sasaki became so warped and twisted after remembering her other persona, but her role is what I can't stand now, she's just being annoying, in a story standpoint I guess it needed to happen for her confrontation with Urie, she was still perfectly fine hanging out with Urie when he found out she was a woman even when she has that complex with man, so if anyone were to bring her back and put an end to this, it would be him.

I think she's a complex character , but the scenario happening right now just annoys the readers. I'm looking forward to her confrontation with the Qs because this looks like one of those things Ishida planned out to do since the beginning of the manga, I hope he doesn't rush it.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you like her? What makes her a good character for you?

I don't necessarily think she's (we're going with a female pronoun, btw?, I'm never sure about that) a good character. I think her personality shift happened a bit too fast, but in the same vein as Kaneki's change through Jason, it works well enough for me. I do like the way she changed, warped love and values is a trope I can pretty much always get into. Mostly I just like her role in the story right now. I like the persistence and that she just keeps coming to get what she wants. I like the pettiness and the selfishness. And I like the weird kind of character progression, that the weakest and most troubled of the QS turned into this cold-hearted killer/assassin. I like that, now that everyone has come together, there's still one person that's like "nah I don't care about any of this, I just want mine".

So I like Mutsuki for the reasons I should probably hate Mutsuki. It doesn't really make a lot of sense.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd refer current Mutsuki as a she, but obviously she has issues with gender roles, her wanting to be a he was mostly because of fear of her past, her other persona and the other gender (and her dad), but she also repressed the fact she murdered her family as well, so she likely associate her woman side as strength subconsciously: she murdered her dad/family and was likely seeking domination not unlike how Kaneki inherited Jason's cruelty through torture and associate that part of him as strength. Her view of gender roles is obviously twisted among everything else that she repressed, she obviously has feelings for Sasaki before all of this but she also seem to have repressed that because she didn't see herself as a woman, when she recalled everything she even said her love towards him was "so womanly" or whatever while she was killing cats at the same time.

I wish I could dissect her character more and be more coherent with my views about her but yeah I do think her character is fascinating, Ishida went places with her, considering what she did with Torso and the fake Sasaki after they were dead.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ch 154 is out

Nothing much to say other than Hsiao beating the shit out of Aura :lol

Soo... Mutsuki was able to suppress her RC count as well? lol I guess she was doing it with RC suppressants?

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Early chap.

I hope Aura doesn't backstab THICC girl and Touma. I hope Mutsuki isn't swayed by Urie and gets killed off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the end for Aura, then yeah that dude is the biggest wimp, lol, but at this point I can't think of anything that could redeem his character, I guess he and the two other Qs were just introduced too late to get proper good character developments.

Urie going full Amon here

I guess Mutsuki is not wrong about both her and Sasaki sharing some similarities....

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Aura is a joke. This is perfect, just beat his ass some more, no redeeming.

Anyways seeing Urie as the person he is now makes me really appreciate his character arc. One of the highlights of re for me personally. Now crush the lowlight of re please.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New chapter is out

The 2 weeks break was long as hell......

Hide cover for vol 14

Mutsuki didn't care until Saiko got hurt :lol good to see Mutsuki not only cared just for Sasaki but the time with the other Qs as well. Seeing this is probably the end for her I guess it's the end for Aura too.

Not much left now other than Donato vs Amon

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Urie gains Talk no Jutsu achievement.

Weak ass conclusion. After all the escalation with Mutsuki her climbing down to the floor level in the span of few pages is just poor form.And she is probably the biggest offender as far as the increasingly wacky powerlevels in the series go. Wasted opportunity to let her go. (Though that was never going to happen.) I guess the theory of Q's being the ones bring down Kaneki is even more viable now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the latest chapter.... Ishida is taking his time at least, since he's already past vol 14 he can keep going as long as he want, I'm fine with that although reading weekly might not be a good idea since it's been slow lately.

also, the latestOmake, confirmed Aunt Aura losing her legs was an accident, and hilarious Arima didn't tell Ui about the whole plan because he didn't want to get scold.

Cover for vol 14:

YZ5vIua.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where Ishida is going with Ken lol. I guess at the end he could just quit his king title and go into hiding and leave things to the CCG since they're now helping each other.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Think this is the first tulpa war longer than one chapter ? Some of the issues really feel like a rehash of og #140 or as if Kaneki is doing 180 from the resolve he acquired just a dozen chapters ago but I guess I'll await with the verdict for this sequence to end.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like he figures he just wants to be happy more than all the other crap he's been doing, I feel like his character is just going in circles but at least he will probably break out of it soon.

It really comes to the theme that if you want yourself to be happy, it might mean someone else has to suffer. He need to realize he needs to be selfish instead of being a hypocrite over and over.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
"Selfish to the last"

Furuta stay winning. GOAT.

Edit : also kind of ironic you mentioned Kaneki needing to be selfish when that's all Furuta has done throughout TG. Them parallels.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Rize stuff is confusing, this one is created by dragon kaneki right? So whatever happened to the original Rize that they used for the Oggai? lol

The past few chapters were weird interms of story/characters/pacing wise, now with the whole Rize thing it just feels directionless. I have no idea what's going on with the ghouls at the end and whatever was happening to Saiko's kagune when she was fighting off the exploding tentacles.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feels surreal having Kaneki interact with all the ghouls and the CCG at the same time, like he's both Kaneki and Sasaki at once.

So I'm guessing Rize has something to do with those other dragon like things popping up and all these humans turning into ghouls?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking the other body they're talking about is Rize or something.

Ken still hasn't reunite with Hide, lol. Last few chapters seem to be just building up to this one last arc, and it looks like it'll still take a few more chapters to set up the final stage.

I still like investigator Ken much better, he did a better job leading everyone when he was Sasaki since he was forced to work with the team instead of doing everything himself, hopefully he's gonna change now that the Qs are here to back him up.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking the other body they're talking about is Rize or something.

Ken still hasn't reunite with Hide, lol. Last few chapters seem to be just building up to this one last arc, and it looks like it'll still take a few more chapters to set up the final stage.

I still like investigator Ken much better, he did a better job leading everyone when he was Sasaki since he was forced to work with the team instead of doing everything himself, hopefully he's gonna change now that the Qs are here to back him up.

Yeah, Sasaki has all the morals Ken has but actually acts on them and relies on others to get things done. I like him as an investigator too.

I wonder how the reunion between Ken and Hide will go.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I've been reading but not sure what to say about the last several chapters and the recent development because we don't know enough of what Ishida is trying to do here.

Good to see Hide/CCG/everyone else is basically leading the group instead of Kaneki though because let's admit it Kaneki sucks and he can't make decisions, he only worries about other people and he's better off being told what to do. Not sure what to think about the clowns still working with Furuta, until I know what Furuta is even aiming for, but we know they're there just for the Amon vs Donato confrontation alone, Uta and whatsherface aren't that important.

and lastly ken looks like he doesn't have healing issues anymore :V

also vol 15's cover:

dfp0aaG.png

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Been generally enjoying the past few chapters, alas, the new zombie Rize (and Eto ?) and possible revival of a larger number of characters in similar manner has a spectacular potential to backfire. Last chaps was also mess storyboard wise near the end.

Can't believe Ishida finally brought back Banjo's three pals. Didn't think we would see them again after Cochlea and then Goat happened.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
All I can say is that better not be Eto. She doesn't deserve this ending :'(

Additionally, the art for fights was pretty messy to me and hard to follow at times.