• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So he's a blustering shit flinger like normal? Breakpoint is great if you liked Wildlands, Jim Sterling has and always will be absolutely terrible.

I loved Wildlands, knew I'd get it day one and play like crazy after the beta, I hated Breakpoint one hour into the beta, too much of a broken mess. So... I have to disagree.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I usually stay away from Jim's videos because I'm not exactly a fan, but he's totally right about this trash, awfully monetised piece of shit game. He's 100% correct when he says this was built from the ground up with micro transactions in mind. I seriously, seriously hope this bombs hard from a financial perspective to send another message to AAA developers that we're fed up of this shit.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Tony Hawk's Ghost Recon: Skate Park
Tom McFarlane's Ghost Reckoning: Spawn Point
Tim Burton's Ghost Corpse: Bride Point
Tom CALANCY's Ghost Doodley: Doodley YIKES
Mot Ycnalc's Toast Comic-Con: Steak Joint

...shall I keep going?

Feb 24, 2018
The last I've heard him this drunk was during his Spin-Off Doctors review for the Adam Sandler Movie Pixels for context.

And like we really need to call out companies for pointless always online requirements or ones who punish you for not being online when playing single player (MGSV and SFV being two big examples I can think of from the top of my head). We know WHY their doing it, easier to sell stuff, track and collect data etc, but it's making games less and less fun, especially around launch.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So he's a blustering shit flinger like normal? Breakpoint is great if you liked Wildlands, Jim Sterling has and always will be absolutely terrible.

wish people would stop saying "if you liked wildlands youll like this"

it isn't a set in stone in the slightest

there is a lot of us that liked wildlands but do not intend to touch breakpoint until significant improvements have been made

there is a reason why the ghost recon subreddit and ubi forums are melting down

Kemono

ā–² Legend ā–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played wildlands for over 300 hours and breakpoint is utter shite.

Jim's right.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They've done it. They've broken Jim.

They way he said "God I hate what games have become" was so depressing, jeez.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What he says at the end is the bottom line. These games are literally built as a delivery for microtransactions. There is no other focus beyond that.

May 13, 2018
Ubisoft should've released this after Watch Dogs Legion and Gods and Monsters. A lot of people are gonna treat those games like an EA release because of Tom Clancy's Wallet Simulator

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I loved Wildlands, knew I'd get it day one and play like crazy after the beta, I hated Breakpoint one hour into the beta, too much of a broken mess. So... I have to disagree.

Same. I don't even hate Ubisoft, hell, I bought and enjoyed pretty much everything they put out in the last 5 years (well I didn't enjoy FC5 due to the dumb shit with the magic kidnappings and the shaggy dog story), but Breakpoint is really bad.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
this is a thing that I've had with Ubi games recently. I really like them as single player games to a point but AC Odyseey, otherwise the best AC since Black Flag, was kinda ruined for me when they went from 20 something hours to play to over 70, just so Ubi could sell you stuff to make the game less grindey. If the next AC is more of the same as Odyssey, I won't be rushing out to play it until they start heavily discounting.

Some of Jim's stuff is so shrill but this one is pretty spot on.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
User warned: thread derail
It's ok for you to like a bad game dude, no need to be rude towards others.
There's no good reason for this game to be always online.

I loved Wildlands and I think Breakpoint is trash.
'Oh noes someone doesn't like what i like. Must insult them.'

Grow up. Fix your heart.
He doesn't like a game you like, big fucking deal.
Maybe decouple your sense of self-worth from video games a little bit
This post is embarrassing for you. Reassess yourself.
wish people would stop saying "if you liked wildlands youll like this"

it isn't a set in stone in the slightest

there is a lot of us that liked wildlands but do not intend to touch breakpoint until significant improvements have been made

there is a reason why the ghost recon subreddit and ubi forums are melting down
I love Wildlands and Breakpoint is garbage. I really love the GR franchise. Its isn't this black and white.
And what's with all the people who said they liked Wildlands and find this to be a turd? Are they all lying? What a take lmao.
Unless something changed drastically from the "beta" to the final release that's not true at all.
Wrong, Breakpoint is a turd, even if you liked Wildlands
Jim Sterling is terrible, I do not care if he likes or hates the game. I watched the video before posting. He is awful, thank you and have a nice weekend.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Which is kinda wild as core gameplay is the same.

The sequel adds a bunch of new things that make the game worse. Always online, tacked on rpg mechanics, spongey drone enemies absolutely everywhere, bugs galore, half assed survival and immersive mechanics. Why would I pay 60 euros for it, if all I cared about was the "core gameplay of Wildlands"? Might as well just play Wildlands again and save some money, or wait a few months until Ubi gets their shit together and improve the game, and also lower the price.

It's not like Wildlands was some hyper polished super duper AAA game either, especially at release. Breakpoint needed to do way better than this.

Jim Sterling is terrible, I do not care if he likes or hates the game. I watched the video before posting. He is awful, thank you and have a nice weekend.

If you hate Jim Sterling so much, what's the point in coming in a thread about Jim Sterling. Makes zero sense.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
tony hawks ghost Clancy breakdance

giphy.gif