• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Predator?

Edit:

The symbols:

ysrgo.jpg

Skip

Oct 25, 2017
This should be a game mode, not just an event. Bring back some of that Crysis 1 gameplay.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Crap. I really didn't want to play Clear And Present Danger Wildlands as it wasn't really what I wanted out of a Ghost Recon game. Now though... well, if it IS a Predator thing then I may just have to install it.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is so fucking cool! I kinda wanna get Wildlands now! How do special events work exactly? Are they just one time things or could I play it whenever?

Edit: Can we get the Predator and Danny Glover in The Division now?

Last edited:

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. This is Predator and I'm hyped.

Anyone who even has a doubt that this is Predator...idk what to tell you.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am just glad that Wildlands is another Ubisoft game with great post launch support.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
How is this game single player?

It's not bad but you'll only really see the magic if you have a couple friends to roll with. It changes it entirely. I've actually been getting back into it with a one of my friends and it's just perfect for crazy shit happening and dumb fun. The Tier1 difficulty changes made the game insane and we love it.

I'm guessing that this will be a human group vs AI controlled Predator. I just can't see them putting together everything they would need to make a playable, fun, accurately nimble Predator that a player can control. I will happily eat my words if they pull it off though.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Already has the ability to cover the player character in mud when you go prone.

PLANNED ALL ALONG

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How, exactly, does this fit into the Tom Clancy universe?

If you want to make a Predator game then why not do that, instead of shoving it into Ghost Recon Wildlands? What made Wildlands so exciting for me was the open world and the squad based gameplay. I would've much preferred an evolution of that rather than an obvious demographic money grab.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

If you want to make a Predator game then why not do that, instead of shoving it into Ghost Recon Wildlands? What made Wildlands so exciting for me was the open world and the squad based gameplay. I would've much preferred an evolution of that rather than an obvious demographic money grab.
I for one love that they're doing this. I'm all for adding something cool like this to a fun game. Don't view this as some big 'money grab' as you put it.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017

This is about as far away from a money grab as you can possibly get seeing as it's free and coming to a game that's kind of perfectly suited for the character?

Like... you're getting stuff added to a game like 9 months after release when most people have moved on and it's not just more missions or a new gun or something regular. It's a cool as fuck little offshoot event that most people are gonna just laugh and enjoy. Not to mention that the game is literally perfect for this. In setting and gameplay.

I'm kind of amazed that you managed to find a way to be all grumpus about this. it's impressive lol

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This looks cool as hell. I purchased this game just after I got my X but have not played it much. This seems like a fantastic time to jump in...

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I for one love that they're doing this. I'm all for adding something cool like this to a fun game. Don't view this as some big 'money grab' as you put it.

If this isn't pandering to an audience, then explain how this fits into the Tom Clancy universe?

The fact is, it doesn't. I want Ghost Recon to be Ghost Recon. I want the series to evolve - in my opinion, Wildlands, because of the terrific open world, and the open-ended gameplay, was an evolution of the series.

Stuffing in a Predator game mode isn't really an evolution of Ghost Recon - it's really just an attempt to bring in new people who kind of didn't like Wildlands.

You'd have to perform some pretty serious mental gymnastics to link the world of Tom Clancy with... of all things... Predator.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If this isn't pandering to an audience, then explain how this fits into the Tom Clancy universe?

The fact is, it doesn't. I want Ghost Recon to be Ghost Recon. I want the series to evolve - in my opinion, Wildlands, because of the terrific open world, and the open-ended gameplay, was an evolution of the series.

Stuffing in a Predator game mode isn't really an evolution of Ghost Recon - it's really just an attempt to bring in new people who kind of didn't like Wildlands.

You'd have to perform some pretty serious mental gymnastics to link the world of Tom Clancy with... of all things... Predator.
I guess I just try to have a more positive outlook on something new rather than trying to convince myself (and others) why it may not technically belong. It looks like it could be fun, that's all there is to it for me. And I'm in.