• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valient

Dec 5, 2018
Game is stable for me but my wife cannot stay in-game for the life of her. She played about 2 hours, then crash after crash, it would go to window mode and then drop to desktop (GTX 1070 on latest GameReady driver). Any suggestions or are we stuck waiting for a Ubi patch? My Radeon VII, my son's RX 480, and my daughter's RXT 2070 were all stable.

I have a GTX 1080 and was crashing since day 1 every 30 mins to 1 hour or more frequently, i had to download drivers from November and play in fullscreen instead of borderless. I know the pain, so if you want you can try drivers 416.94 to see if it works for her.

I had try many things and only this worked

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really eh? Alright, hopefully Uplay lets me move it to my SSD then. Goodbye Anthem.

Most modern open World games will be superior on SSD's because open worlds are constantly pulling in new assets from storage to memory to the engine. It's a never ending cycle and one which is greatly helped with the massive increase in data speed an SSD brings.

16gigs of the fastest memory you can get also helps a great deal.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Most modern open World games will be superior on SSD's because open worlds are constantly pulling in new assets from storage to memory to the engine. It's a never ending cycle and one which is greatly helped with the massive increase in data speed an SSD brings.

16gigs of the fastest memory you can get also helps a great deal.
Yeah, an SSD helped me a lot with this game.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My friend did a new PC build last month (i7 9700k, RTX 2070) and it's got 2 TB of SSD-only storage. I'm very jealous of it.

I'd definitely like to go SSD only next time I do a build. Constantly juggling stuff on and off of my 500 GB one right now.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friend did a new PC build last month (i7 9700k, RTX 2070) and it's got 2 TB of SSD-only storage. I'm very jealous of it.

I'd definitely like to go SSD only next time I do a build. Constantly juggling stuff on and off of my 500 GB one right now.
Try PrimoCache, it has a free 60 days trial, you can make your SSD be a SSD cache (it will be erased, move games off it before).
Then you can select which HDD can use the cache (the whole HDD, not folders), and then PrimoCache will copy frequently accessed files to the SSD cache (like SSHDs do) and you will get SSD performance for any game on that HDD.

I have several SSDs in my PC, one for the system, one for games (500 GB) and one for cache (250 GB), I also have two 3 TB drives with most games I use less often but they both can use the SSD cache. During the first loading all comes from the HDD so it's longer, but afterward it come from the SSD cache only and it's really fast.

I was happy with the results so I bought a licence after the 60 days trial.

Note : don't allow a SSD to use the SSD cache, the way it works make it read data only from the cache, not both, so it would be useless to allow an SSD to use an SSD cache (it won't go twice as fast).
Cache data is kept upon reboots, but get wiped if the system crashes (bluescreen, freeze or reset).

During the beta the game was on an HDD and after the first loading every other loadings and fast-travels were faster thanks to the SSD cache.
I've put the final game on the games SSD as I don't want it to load from the cache (and moved another game back to the HDD), and patching is faster directly on an SSD.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can not get locked 60fps in this game (at 1440p) i7600k, GTX 1080. Using the newest drivers

Lowered most shadows to medium or low, volumetric fog on low, 60 object detail. Nothing I lower seems to help, I just get random drops in the 40s or 30s mostly in the open world

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Since yesterday the game keeps crashing for me.

419.35 Nvida driver
Ryzen 5 2600X
16 GB DDR4-3200
GTX 1070Ti
Windows 10Pro

I am getting three errors and they still persist after deleting the files and forcing to verify the files again.

tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll
d3dcompiler_47.dll
and got and Error "Charlie -03" Easy Anti Cheat integrity failed. unknown file version sdf-b-1577.sdfdata"

Yesterday I had maybe one crash an hour. Today it was every 5 minutes.

I reinstalled the EasyAntiCheat program and verfiyed the files multiple times. Maybe I will just reinstall it on another ssd.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disabled overlays? MSI afterburner and RTSS closed?

If so, then fuck Direct X 12
Can't test overlay because servers are down.

That said, if RTSS really causes crashes then fuck this game in general. That's like... the most important utility that needs to work. I hate this modern trend of PC devs thinking it's okay to ship games that don't work with RTSS.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I run this game on dx12, with an 2060, Ryzen 2600 and 16Gb Ram with vsync at max settings and 1080p. I have no problems except rare dips from time to time, but I don't see any pattern that would explain why they occur.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
The game should work now with RTSS and Afterburner as long as you've updated to the latest version which came out a few days ago. However DX12 was my issue and had to switch to DX11 which gave me slightly worse performance.

Its annoying considering DX12 worked fine before they updated their servers on release day.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Karak said turning off the faster input latency and steaming options gives a huge boost to frame rate. Might have to try that out tonight.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the big price/performance setting here?

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Copying my post from the OT, wasn't aware this thread existed...

---

This game runs like shit and i fucking hate it.

I've done everything I've read online, and been told by friends, and and and, nothing, fuck. Stuttering constantly, network lag, etc. I have a 1070. I turned all the settings down to their lowest. STILL STUTTERS. And looks like ass to boot.

It took me, no joke, twelve fucking minutes just to get into the game to where I could run around when I played a short while ago. I timed it!

I tried to do a mission (that I did last night and it didn't save progress, even though I'd done everything, and it literally told me to go back to base, so I did), and along the way, I ran into an invisible wall. I knew it was the right way to go. I did it last night, and the mission was leading me that way. So I kep running at it, I turned around the corner and came back, I stood there. Eventually, some friendly NPCs popped into view and it let me go further.

Then I got stuck in a walking state, moving very very slowly, until some enemy NPCs popped into view in front of me, at which point I was able to run freely again. Killed 'em just to vent, and closed the fucking game.

All my friends are able to play together and have fun and I'm sitting here with my thumbs up my ass hoping for some miracle solution.

Guess I'll get a refund oh wait ha ha I couldn't buy it on Steam. Ha. Hahahahaha fuck me.

---

Since it was brought up in there, in response, I'll also say: I've already tried moving to an SSD (which included a fresh install), and I've tried both DX11 and 12.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Since yesterday the game keeps crashing for me.

419.35 Nvida driver
Ryzen 5 2600X
16 GB DDR4-3200
GTX 1070Ti
Windows 10Pro

I am getting three errors and they still persist after deleting the files and forcing to verify the files again.

tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll
d3dcompiler_47.dll
and got and Error "Charlie -03" Easy Anti Cheat integrity failed. unknown file version sdf-b-1577.sdfdata"

Yesterday I had maybe one crash an hour. Today it was every 5 minutes.

I reinstalled the EasyAntiCheat program and verfiyed the files multiple times. Maybe I will just reinstall it on another ssd.

It's the nvidia drivers. I didn't have this problem until I updated to them, and then started getting a ton of crashes with the tobii and other errors relating to easy cheat and file versions.

So I rolled back to the 418.91 drivers and haven't had those kind of crashes since.

---

I've done everything I've read online, and been told by friends, and and and, nothing, fuck. Stuttering constantly, network lag, etc. I have a 1070. I turned all the settings down to their lowest. STILL STUTTERS. And looks like ass to boot.

It took me, no joke, twelve fucking minutes just to get into the game to where I could run around when I played a short while ago. I timed it!

I tried to do a mission (that I did last night and it didn't save progress, even though I'd done everything, and it literally told me to go back to base, so I did), and along the way, I ran into an invisible wall. I knew it was the right way to go. I did it last night, and the mission was leading me that way. So I kep running at it, I turned around the corner and came back, I stood there. Eventually, some friendly NPCs popped into view and it let me go further.

Then I got stuck in a walking state, moving very very slowly, until some enemy NPCs popped into view in front of me, at which point I was able to run freely again. Killed 'em just to vent, and closed the fucking game.

All my friends are able to play together and have fun and I'm sitting here with my thumbs up my ass hoping for some miracle solution.

Guess I'll get a refund oh wait ha ha I couldn't buy it on Steam. Ha. Hahahahaha fuck me.

---

Since it was brought up in there, in response, I'll also say: I've already tried moving to an SSD (which included a fresh install), and I've tried both DX11 and 12.

How much ram do you have? Just curious because I have a 1070 and get the occasional stutters as well, like it'll be running fine and then just a quick stutter that's quite noticeable.

I noticed that if I closed a lot of other programs and overlays were all off and I ran ramtest to clear my standby memory that it'd help with them not being as frequent, I still get one once in a while but not as often as I was before.

However there's a lot of people getting this problem, see:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2012749-Random-momentary-FPS-drops-hitching/page5

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
i5 4670k
GTX 1080
8GB Ram

85% resolution is a game changer, I can't tell the difference and it puts me between 50-90fps a lot of the time on my 1440p GSYNC monitor. I get pretty frequent crashes though on DX12, which is a bummer... I could put my 1080 back at stock clocks but then I pretty much lose the minor FPS bump going from 11 to 12

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Twig -- Is it possible if you can provide more detailed system info ? It may help us to help you out a bit more.
Sure thing!

Windows 10
GTX 1070 16GB
16GB RAM
Intel i5-3750K @ 3.4GHz

It's been a while since I needed support on anything with my computer, so not sure if that's enough, heh.

How much ram do you have? Just curious because I have a 1070 and get the occasional stutters as well, like it'll be running fine and then just a quick stutter that's quite noticeable.

I noticed that if I closed a lot of other programs and overlays were all off and I ran ramtest to clear my standby memory that it'd help with them not being as frequent, I still get one once in a while but not as often as I was before.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2012749-Random-momentary-FPS-drops-hitching/page5
Oh nice, haha. See above for my RAM and junk, but yeah. At least I'm not alone!!! I guess.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sure thing!

Windows 10
GTX 1070 16GB
16GB RAM
Intel i5-3750K @ 3.4GHz

It's been a while since I needed support on anything with my computer, so not sure if that's enough, heh.

All good...

1st question, which Nvidia driver version are you running ? 419.35 is the current WHQL driver which is optimised for D2. This may be a good palce to start, if you have an earlier version, install 419.35 using the advanced/clean install option (which I always use when updating the driver)

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
All good...

1st question, which Nvidia driver version are you running ? 419.35 is the current WHQL driver which is optimised for D2. This may be a good palce to start, if you have an earlier version, install 419.35 using the advanced/clean install option (which I always use when updating the driver)
I'm on latest. I'll try a fresh reinstall using the clean install like you suggest!

astro

Oct 25, 2017

---

---

I play this game on a high end system (2700x/2080), on an SSD, on a fibre optic network (for context).

I get network stutter all the time. For example I often freeze for a split second and run on the spot before it rights itself. Can go hours without happening or can happen every few seconds. I'm on wi-fi, with no way to test wired right now, so it could be to do with that. All I know is that graphics settings don't get rid of this issue.

As for actual graphical stutter, like turning the camera and it not being smooth but have micro stutters when you do. Are you using a KB&M?

This was my issue. If you are using KB&M this might help.

First I run with M&KB to show you how it stutters, then I use a gamepad to show you how it's smooth.

There used to be a way to fix this in TD1 and TD2 beta, you would set affinity via right clicking the .exe process itself in Task Manager and remove on core. This would apparently free up a little CPU for system processes and somehow fix the stutters. You can't do this in TD2due to Easy Anti-cheat preventing access to the .exe while it's running.

So you can turn on Mouse Smoothing. I have mine set to 75% and all my graphical stutter is gone. This setting does cause a little bit of float to the reticle due to how the effect applies itself, but I find it accurate enough to put up with in order to get a stutter free experience.

Or if you don't want to use MS, maybe this will be a starting point for trouble=shooting.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I play this game on a high end system (2700x/2080), on an SSD, on a fibre optic network (for context).

I get network stutter all the time. For example I often freeze for a split second and run on the spot before it rights itself. Can go hours without happening or can happen every few seconds. I'm on wi-fi, with no way to test wired right now, so it could be to do with that. All I know is that graphics settings don't get rid of this issue.

As for actual graphical stutter, like turning the camera and it not being smooth but have micro stutters when you do. Are you using a KB&M?

This was my issue. If you are using KB&M this might help.

First I run with M&KB to show you how it stutters, then I use a gamepad to show you how it's smooth.

There used to be a way to fix this in TD1 and TD2 beta, you would set affinity via right clicking the .exe process itself in Task Manager and remove on core. This would apparently free up a little CPU for system processes and somehow fix the stutters. You can't do this in TD2due to Easy Anti-cheat preventing access to the .exe while it's running.

So you can turn on Mouse Smoothing. I have mine set to 75% and all my graphical stutter is gone. This setting does cause a little bit of float to the reticle due to how the effect applies itself, but I find it accurate enough to put up with in order to get a stutter free experience.

Or if you don't want to use MS, maybe this will be a starting point for trouble=shooting.

Haha oh wow. Yeah I always turn any mouse smoothing off, first chance I get, but if it fixes the graphical stuttering, or at least lessens it, I think I'll turn it on for now.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It's the nvidia drivers. I didn't have this problem until I updated to them, and then started getting a ton of crashes with the tobii and other errors relating to easy cheat and file versions.

So I rolled back to the 418.91 drivers and haven't had those kind of crashes since.

Haven´t touched the drivers yet so I will try it. Rolled back to version 419.17 (with device manager, last version of the driver) now and will run some tests. If it still happens I will do a clean install with the version 418.91 you mentioned.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Haha oh wow. Yeah I always turn any mouse smoothing off, first chance I get, but if it fixes the graphical stuttering, or at least lessens it, I think I'll turn it on for now.
Try it at 100, if it fixes it roll it back until you find out just how much you need to use to fix it.

Mine is 75%, my mate's is 100%.

I've gotten used to adpating to the slight delay (and it is really very slight).

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't know who it was or what it was, but it's suddenly much much better, haha. Thanks for the suggestions, heh. Still doesn't...run great, yet, but at least it's playable. It really wasn't before. Definitely feels smoother. Still get framerate hitches, but..less so?

I'll take it. Hopefully patches improve things!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't know who it was or what it was, but it's suddenly much much better, haha. Thanks for the suggestions, heh. Still doesn't...run great, yet, but at least it's playable. It really wasn't before. Definitely feels smoother. Still get framerate hitches, but..less so?

I'll take it. Hopefully patches improve things!

Did you try the Mouse Smoothing option to see if it helps? Or have you tried a gamepad to see if it eliminates the stutter entirely?

Just curious.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try the Mouse Smoothing option to see if it helps? Or have you tried a gamepad to see if it eliminates the stutter entirely?

Just curious.
No I did that, I shouldn't have said stuttering, I meant hitches that happen every now and then, inconsistently. Your smoothing trick worked!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to not just ALT F4 to quit this game versus the rather long ass logout option?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so:

- GPU at stock speeds (EVGA 1070)
- RTSS off
- Ubisoft overlay off
- no other overlays
- latest Nvidia drivers

Game still crashes within 2-3 minutes in DX12. 100% of the time.

DX12 is completely broken.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I have noticed after I've been playing for quite a while the game will start making random frame rate drops of 30 frames or more. Worse when there's a lot going on. Only happens after quite a few hours, like 8 or 9. I do also get the odd judder, very subtle, which feels like lag as my frametime doesn't dip at all.

It's such a bummer when crahses happen and you can't make sense of it. I was lucky that it was my overclocked card causing my crashes. That was on DX11 and DX12. So far after turning my oc card down from +55 to +50 on the core clock it's been fine. Not one crash in the last two days, But I know how hugely frustrating it is when you just can't find the cause.

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
Is it just Nvidia cards crashing? I'm at 4 hours on my Vega 64 (undervolted) and haven't had a single one. Touch wood!

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to work fine using DF settings @ 1200p, I do get the rare hitch though.

DX12 seems to work fine with the overlay.
GTX 1080

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
If you're playing at resolutions around 2k or up, you will likely find it very hard to notice a difference at 85% and it will net you +10fps.

Ah. I'm still at 1080p.

I'll try it if it seems like I need some more frames.

Is RTSS causing issues with the game? Just a black screen when I boot up with it enabled.